Code of Conduct

Default which vintage...is vintage enough for Bois des Iles?

Just wondered whether "vintage from the 90s" is vintage enough for a perfume that's been around this long... all I know is that the "vintage" is said to be better than what you can get now.

Default Re: which vintage...is vintage enough for Bois des Iles?

I have the parfum from the late 90s and it is totally gorgeous. Reading threads it seems the edt when moved to the big Exclusives seemed to lose something.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

I would try to get the parfum. I have some from two years ago that is quite good.

Blog Entries

kumquat; Is Bois des Iles available in extrait? I have never seen it listed as such anywhere, but would like to find some. I had planned on getting the 2.5 oz. size bottle, since all exclusifs are supposed to be available in the smaller size in February.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I would try to get the parfum. I have some from two years ago that is quite good.

^ (in lieu of Kumquat): Yes, BdI is available in 15ml extrait.
    I have a feeling though it may not be available in the US from Chanel. But someone may be able to correct me.
    Magical stuff

The Ernst Beaux classics which are now part of Les Exclusifs are available as extrait: Bois des Îles, Cuir de Russie, Gardénia, No 22. They are currently only available in 15 ml bottles which retail for around 150 euros.

If you're lucky you may still find vintages in Chanel boutiques or resellers; I happened to find a 28 ml bottle of BdÎ at Chanel in Berlin last spring (their last one!).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    kumquat; Is Bois des Iles available in extrait? I have never seen it listed as such anywhere, but would like to find some. I had planned on getting the 2.5 oz. size bottle, since all exclusifs are supposed to be available in the smaller size in February.
    Yes, I believe I ordered mine from Saks 5th Ave in NYC. The cosmetics counter there is most helpful. I have ordered a lot of Chanel from them.

Basenotes Plus

I got my extrait from Bergdorf Goodman's in NYC. It's stunning!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Blog Entries

BTW, it turns out it's not such a good idea to order from Chanel directly. They will gouge you on shipping & usually tack on NYC sales tax, too!

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I have a feeling though it may not be available in the US from Chanel. But someone may be able to correct me.
    Oops, my mistake. Apologies. Not sure where I got that idea from...

Anyway, I'll echo Kumquat's sentiments regarding the Chanel counter at Saks 5th Ave. The SA there Marsia is awesome to chat with and seems genuinely passionate about perfume.

i have the vintage edc and edt as well as the new exclusif version for BdI. Others might disagree... but i actually like the exclusif version the best. The vintage ones smell a bit too powdery / sweet to my liking. On the SA at Saks 5th Av - yes, i agree they are great. I live in Singapore and went to the store in NY in 2007. they were helpful without acting pushy. most SA in singapore will typically walk up to u and ask unsimilingly "may i help u"; not so much that they really want to help (mostly untrained in perfumery), but to pressure u to buy something and deter u from testing on your own. sigh..