Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Chanel Exclusifs.

I have been reading the blogs and understand that the rest of the exclusifs line will be available in 2.5 oz. bottles in February. Good news if it is true. I would like to purchase a bottle of Bois des Iles without shelling out $200. While Chanel is not my favorite house I do have a weakness in the knees for Bois des Iles, Coromandel and Cuir de Russie.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Chanel Exclusifs.

That's very good news indeed!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Nice!
    The price will be 110 bucks too?

Interested in Cuir de Russie.

Saving for Coromandel... I haven't found any other loves among the Chanels (only a few "likes") but Coromandel is surely on my top 10 list.

Coromandel.

Got me a 200ml Coromandel at Christmas and then the 75ml Sycomore about a week ago.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Good news indeed, but, I still want 200ml of N°18;
    Cuir de Russie; Coromandel; Sycomore and Gardénia.

That's great news! Bel de Respiro shall be mine!
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

I sure hope this is true - I'd be over the moon! I already have my favorites - Coromandel, Bois des Iles, and No.22 (and the hubs has Sycomore) - in the big bottles and I'm happy about that, but this will give me a reason to add 31 Rue Cambon and Cuir de Russie to my collection. I can't see needing 200 mls of those ...but who knows? Once I get the smaller size, I might just wish I had the big honker of those as well. I get along very well with Chanel!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I've been getting along very well with Chanel, too, Evangeline. I'm hankering for a full bottle of No. 22, but not sure I need 200 ml. I do hope this news is truth.

Drooling....I want them all!

I'm with Duc, though... I'd rather have the 200 mLs !!!!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Well, one good thing about the big bottles, lilybelle, is the freedom to lavish, and No.22 lends itself quite well to that ...although I'm not implying that it's light or even sort of sheer, but it's much softer than some of the others, and just so pretty and glamorous that it's just fun to be extravagant with it! Honestly, if I sprayed Coromandel the way I spray 22 it would probably kill me! The other thing that rationalizes the larger bottles (of the scents you really love, of course) is the fact that Chanel ages very well, at least in my experience, so it's not a race to use it up before it goes bad. And they're actually a very good price; they're $210 now so just over $1/ml - what a bargain! :-D

pomander - isn't it Beige that you really like? That one can be lavished as well! Oh, I see that you're in 22 now, too! Get the big bottle!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 12th January 2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Well, one good thing about the big bottles, lilybelle, is the freedom to lavish, and No.22 lends itself quite well to that ...although I'm not implying that it's light or even sort of sheer, but it's much softer than some of the others, and just so pretty and glamorous that it's just fun to be extravagant with it! Honestly, if I sprayed Coromandel the way I spray 22 it would probably kill me! The other thing that rationalizes the larger bottles (of the scents you really love, of course) is the fact that Chanel ages very well, at least in my experience, so it's not a race to use it up before it goes bad. And they're actually a very good price; they're $210 now so just over $1/ml - what a bargain! :-D

pomander - isn't it Beige that you really like? That one can be lavished as well! Oh, I see that you're in 22 now, too! Get the big bottle!
    Evangeline - I love Coromandel (have a sample of it) but as you say, I have to apply this one judiciously. I think my sample might get me through a year!

Yes. I do love Beige...and CdR, 31RC...oh O.K., mostly all of the line! I need to get to know a couple of them still (Gardenia, No 18) which I'm really looking forward to. I splurged on a 200 mL bottle of Cuir de Russie last winter (a smaller size just wouldn't do for this love) and hope that it will age well!

I definately see a purchase of another one of these gems in my future
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Ok, Evangeline. I'm convinced. No arm twisting needed here!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

There is a lot of talk about this line,
    but N°18 is almost never mentioned.

Why is that?!

That's a good question Duke - I've never even sniffed it myself. Maybe that's just a reaction to it being classified as a fruity floral...? But you clearly like it enough to want the big'un - what are your impressions of it?

I don't perceive no 18 as particularly fruity. It's a smooth iris-rose, quite good.

I own already Sycomore. next on my list with the 75ml are Bois des Isles, Cuir de Russie, 31 rue Cambon, and most of the others.

Am I the only one to have bought the 400ml of the Eau de Cologne? I went in for the 200ml, but they were out of it.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I don't perceive no 18 as particularly fruity. It's a smooth iris-rose, quite good.
    An iris rose, huh? That's the first I've heard of that! I was under the impression it was predominantly an ambrette fragrance on a fruity background. Even the Chanel site doesn't mention anything other than "gem-like" flowers with fruity notes, but I'm certainly intrigued to read otherwise!

yay.

time to fill in my wardrobe gaps, then.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

This is great. I love the Chanel exclusives, but apart from Bois des Iles, Cuir de Russie and No.22, I would never use a 200ml vat.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    There is a lot of talk about this line,
    but N°18 is almost never mentioned.

Why is that?!
    Dunno ..it's a sleeper but I LOVE it too ! Gorgeous ,sheer rose, ambrette,iris - just beautiful ,delicate .
    I want No.22 now after I got off to a rough start with it.
    Cuir de Russe - yes ,of course. Gardenia is easily my favorite even though Luca Turin called it 'a loud airport toilet floral !!!!!!

I love the 200ml bottles - as Evangeline said- you can be lavish .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

This thread is killing me. I'm going to have to pull my samples out & start resniffing.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Time for someone to come up to bat and offer to host some splits perhaps?...anyone?
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I have newly arrived to these Chanels, but I have just ordered decants of Bois des Iles and Coromandel, after having used up my samples in a very short time. So it's good to know that I won't have to break the bank to go to the next level!
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Evangeline:

I just resampled my vial of No. 18, and yes, as Mimi also stressed, I have the impression of iris and rose. My perception could be biased by Luca Turin, who defines it this way, and because I've never smelled pure ambrette seeds. As for LT, the first impressions are of a clean rose, almost like a cordial or a liqueur, and a carroty iris. The two get along extremely well and cannot help but bring a smile to one's face. There is a small touch of sweetness, but nowhere near the standard fruity stuff. It's quite a different feel from the rich powerhouses of the Exclusifs line like Cuir de Russie or Bois des Isles, and it's probably not going to be the first choice for a big night out. To the contrary, it's quite simple, but clean, discreet, and very pleasant at all times.

cacio

Oh, good grief, now I've got to try No. 18. I've loved every one of the exclusifs I've smelled, but I've not tried but half of them - all the big iris ones and then Coromandel. I've got the 200ml bottles of Coromandel and Bois des Iles, and I never fear of growing tired of them. Gardenia and Beige don't make me rush to try them, I'm not a floral girl, but all the others make me swoon.

Chanel just seems to work for me, at least this line.

I bought Coromandel for myself for Christmas - blind, based solely on Basenotes raves. Guess what? Basenoters are right again. It IS a must-have. Now I am extremely curious about the rest of the Exclusifs. And let's face it, it's hard to resist anything named "Exclusif." Love that cool word. Good thing the actual products back it up. Can't wait to try more of them. Sycomore is next on my list.

Blog Entries

Good, then I can get a decent size bottle of Sycomore. It's probably my favorite fragrance at the moment, and I can never exactly find the right words just yet to right a suitable review for it - perhaps writing a review would detract my love for it.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I`d love 75ml bottles of Cuir de Russie and Bois des Iles after my decants finish.
    Much better than 200ml for fragrance collectors.
    Well, one can always dream that they`ll do a coffret someday with all the fragrances in the collection at 15ml spray sizes...

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I`d love 75ml bottles of Cuir de Russie and Bois des Iles after my decants finish.
    Well, one can always dream that they`ll do a coffret someday with all the fragrances in the collection at 15ml spray sizes...
    **dreaming**

Does anyone know when they will be available in the UK?
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Does anyone know when they will be available in the UK?
    Last time I checked, I was told some time during the first quarter of this year. The SA couldn't be any more specific than that.

Basenotes Plus

A collection set, wouldn't that be wonderful, it would be like a dream come true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Good, then I can get a decent size bottle of Sycomore. It's probably my favorite fragrance at the moment, and I can never exactly find the right words just yet to right a suitable review for it - perhaps writing a review would detract my love for it.
    I feel exactly the same, i went into my basement to see which frags i can sell so i can get this. Amber Absolute or French Lover anyone???

The 75mls are up on the UK website, of course you have to phone a boutique to purchase. Next week I am intending to buy 28 La Pausa, if all goes well in March 31 Rue Cambon.
    DONNA

I bought a 75 ml of No. 22 last week at the Vienna boutique. It sounded as if it had just arrived.

I've been wondering about this line but have yet to sample a single one! Any recommendations for a floral girl? I'm liking the sound of No 18 and Bel Respiro...

Oh, well No18, No22, Beige and perhaps 28 La Pausa.
    DONNA

chouquette:

you really need to go to a store and try - there are too many, even in the floral category alone.

+1 no 18 (rose-iris, very "innocent young woman", or, LT's words, "young scrubbed face") and La Pausa (very natural iris).
    also 31 rue Cambon ("pretty" floral) and Cuir de russie (big opulent floral, though of course you have all the leather underneath).
    Avoid Gardenia, despite the name, the usual shrill white floral thing.

cacio

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Got a 31 Rue Cambon last month. Next is probably Bois des Iles or CdR. I find the 2.5 oz bottles much easier to grab with one hand..

Maybe it's just me being silly, but I find the thought of calling a Chanel boutique rather intimidating.Is there no way possible to order online, like from the US site? What would be the closest Chanel boutique from Norway? I'm really craving Bois des iles! :O

Thanks!

At least that helps to narrow down my search a bit... unfortunate, though, that the nearest boutique is about an hour away (I'm lazy)
    Going to try No 18, La Pausa and 31 rue Cambon for sure... totally up my alley! Then Beige and Cuir de Russie...
    Might just wait until I go to Hawaii in about a month... less tax and intimidating sales associates

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Maybe it's just me being silly, but I find the thought of calling a Chanel boutique rather intimidating.Is there no way possible to order online, like from the US site? What would be the closest Chanel boutique from Norway? I'm really craving Bois des iles! :O
    Sorry no. But really the staff are friendly and willingly give samples. I asked for two each time I phoned a boutique and had no problems. Worked my way round the UK boutiques appart from Harrods(they once refused to sell me a bottle En Avion as the courier did not cross water??????), Selfridges in Manchester and even Terminal 3 Heathrow sent me on request.
    DONNA

donna255, I find that quite amazing! I am way to shy to call them and ask for a sample, maybe I should get a grip on myself and just do it...
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Just go for it. Be polite and it really works wonders.

I bought my 75ml size in 28 La Pausa this morning, by phone. Infact had to phone three boutiques as the first two sold out of it.
    DONNA

I just saw on the Chanel online shop (US) that 4 of the Exclusifs--Gardenia, No. 22, Bois des Iles, Cuir de Russie--are now available in parfum. Anybody tried these and has any impression to share???

Seriously, they are ridiculously expensive (although perfumistas in the U.S. seem to enjoy a 1:1 EUR:USD exchange rate, I heard)!. These are considerably more expensive than the hardly available Amouage extraits or the classic Guerlains. The only one I would definitely not want to miss in my wardrobe is the Cuir de Russie, which is the only true cuir-de-russie leather still produced. I'm not impressed by the Les Exclusifs EdT, which is an iris affair only. I'm still not sure about Bois des Iles. While this is splendid in parfum, but the EdT is so as well, I would want a richer, more extrait-like base in the parfum version. To put it bluntly, it smells like a watered down parfum, it is too thin, maybe a PdT at maximum compared to the old Guerlain standards. A creamy, rich in sandalwood oil base for Bois des Iles would certainly have a different feel. No.22 is quite rich and extremely longlasting in EdT, which comes quite as a surprise. I personally would not see the need to own the parfum.

I own the old style edt in the 100mls and had a mini of the parfum. As Larimar says the edt is totally fabulous the parfum is lovely but a little quieter on the aldehydic blast opening. But really because of the prices now I would always just go for the edt in No22.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rafflesia View Post
    I just saw on the Chanel online shop (US) that 4 of the Exclusifs--Gardenia, No. 22, Bois des Iles, Cuir de Russie--are now available in parfum. Anybody tried these and has any impression to share???
    I have the Cuir de Russie parfum (which I have heard is a good formulation), it's leather and tobacco in a wonderful Chanel presentation. Smells a little bit like a pressed powder compact, in a fine leather handbag that also has pack of cigarettes and a bottle of No.5 in it..
    Now Bois Des Isles, is more like a normal-chanel parfum. I would say it is like a teensy bit gourmandy, sandalwoody, and gingerbready...it's an old school parfum. Both of them need to be worn very very lightly because they have the aldehyde bomb potential.
    Last edited by Fleurine; 28th August 2011 at 07:19 PM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Cuir de Russie in parfum which I own as well as the Bois des Iles full sizes, bought about 6 years ago. CdR in parfum is quite and not big on sillage to be honest. I always describe it as a well worn much loved leather jacket, which over the years into the smooth worn leather has picked up some floral/herbal hints. Never got tobacco from it.

Bois des Iless in parfum is a sillage monster almost turpine(sp) like blast in the opening.
    DONNA

Cuir de Russie
    I have the current les exclusifs CdR EDT and just recently bought a small decant of the current CdR parfum. My impressions: The parfum starts out with the beautiful, deep, rich leather, but after about 20 minutes, the fragrance becomes sharp on my skin, the leather turns a bit butch, and the floral notes are very muted (such that I don't smell any). I need to wear the parfum version a few more times to understand the character and development, so at this point I've experienced it as a strong tobacco, very dry leather fragrance. The EDT is a different fragrance altogether on me, with much more complexity. This starts out with a gorgeous, soft, rich, saddle leather (which makes me weak in the knees) and hay (with a pinch of the other stable scent ), and the aldehydes seem stronger than in the parfum, lending a delicious fizzle against the deep leather. The dark florals start to add to the seductiveness after just a few minutes, and these are also very rich. The infamous Chanel iris adds a touch of powdery dustiness, so now you have the dryness of the iris intermingling with soft, buttery leather, moist florals, and effervescent aldehydes. The EDT develops with a gentle back and forth of the notes, with the different characters sometimes playing together, sometimes going solo. Regarding sillage, I feel both versions wear close to the skin, however I apply them very sparingly because they are strong in character. When I've smelled the EDT on a friend, it seemed to have a powerful sillage. Hmmm, I'll have to ask others if they smell it on me. I know that some like to wear the parfum and EDT together, which I'm going to try next.

Bois des Iles
    I had a decant of BdI EDT (don't know if it was current or pre-les exclusifs) and also just recently bought a sample of the current BdI parfum. I had the EDT decant for years and never felt strongly about this fragrance. It seemed beautiful, but not compelling. Or, just not my thing. Perhaps I found it a little too sweet, a bit melocholy. It just didn't woo me. Well, over the last month, I've fallen in love with BdI - in both versions. The EDT has more aldehydes (to my nose) which I adore wth this scent (well, any fragrance actually), and they both have the same overall character. The parfum is just richer, deeper, is more "perfection" IMHO. Both versions go though all of the delicious stages, with surprises each time I wear them. What a complex beauty! I don't think the sillage is much on either version, but again, I don't apply much (one short spray of EDT, or, one small dab of parfum). I'm anticipating buying BdI, and while I'd prefer to buy the parfum because it's just so incredibly beautiful, the price/mL is holding me back. We'll see.
    Last edited by pomander; 4th September 2011 at 01:04 AM.

Blog Entries

I just received my 200ml bottle of coromandel that I blind bought (!) based on the recommendations from this thread. It was just too good a deal! Of course, it is lovely. Basenoters rarely make a bad call, of course.
    Now I am getting hooked on the large bottles...Actually, IMO, les exclusifs are about the best nighe- type thing that has happened in a long time.
    Anyway, are there any other of these worth investing in the 6.8oz size?

Fleurine:

the Eau de Cologne also comes in *13.6* oz, ie 400ml. I am a proud owner. I keep decants in my office to freshen up and as a superior form of hand-sanitizer (expensive but worthy).

As for the others, my vote for the fresh-smoky vetiver Sycomore, though almost all are worthy. BdI and CdR, as explained above, also come in parfum concentration, and perhaps, if one needs to choose, that's the one worth buying. But since you live in NYC, you can just drop by the Chanel boutique- 57th or Soho- or Bergdorf Goodman and douse yourself before deciding. They should have paperstrips with the name on them already, which makes it even easier to sample.

cacio

Hi Fleurine - I think that Chanel fragrances, like Hermes and Guerlain, are all so tastefully crafted, with such excellent ingredients, that one can hardly go wrong with adding these to a fragrance collection. The les exclusifs line IMHO, is a glorious, sophisticated, tribute to nature and all things real. Each one has an authenticity that I find compelling. [BTW: I have not tried the new fragrance in this line (Jersey), so I can not speak to that one.] Additionally, when you consider the cost/mL, they are actually less expensive than most "designer" fragrances. It's just that you have to shell out a lot if you want the 200 mL bottles (which I LOVE, as do you). Anyway, as mentioned above, I recommend that you get your nose to the nearest Chanel boutique and smell those gorgeous fragrances. And, to answer your question, I think Bois des Iles is 200 mL bottle-worthy!

I saved for AGES to get Coromandel and was then very intimidated in the Chanel shop! Worth it though

Is that you Henrique ? Angie here and what a great idea that is .I love my 200ml 22 but can't afford that size in them all .

Blog Entries

Anyone have the 31 Rue?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    Anyone have the 31 Rue?
    Yes - I did a 3-way split of this 2 years ago. It's a gorgeous, floral-chypre. Iris, aldehydes, and chypre notes.

I now have Gardenia EDT and I'm kicking myself for not getting EDP... the longevity is awful.

Is Gardenia available in edp? I've seen the edt and the parfum. The parfum, available at Chanel boutiques, costs about $150 for 15 ml, if I remember correctly.

cacio