Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1

    Default Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Can someone tell me the difference between these? I'm about to order a summer, fresh, everyday casual cologne from the chanel house. Can I get a short summary of the differences of these? Thx

  2. #2

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Allure sport is a fresh-spicy-powdery-aquatic.
    Sport Cologne is all about citrus. Don't like this one. Smells like typical Eau de colognes.
    Bleu is aquatic with a touch of woodiness which gives depth to modern aquatics.

    It's between Allure sport and Bleu.
    Last edited by volley2; 12th January 2011 at 08:09 AM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    my friend, listen and listen carefully.

    get Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT . just get it. dont think about it. just get it. blind buy it. do it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    my friend, listen and listen carefully.

    get Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT . just get it. dont think about it. just get it. blind buy it. do it.
    Wow! It's really that good? U would pick it over blue de chanel?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    Wow! It's really that good? U would pick it over blue de chanel?
    well IMO its the greatest summer/fresh designer fragrance of all time.

    And yes, i would pick it ahead of Bleu de Chanel. Although i think Bleu de Chanel is a good fragrance, between those two, Allure Homme Sport should be your first priority.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    Wow! It's really that good? U would pick it over blue de chanel?
    Well, not good enough to be in his top 10, right Jonny boy!? =)

  7. #7

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Well, not good enough to be in his top 10, right Jonny boy!? =)
    well it was in there for a while, and will def return when the weather is warmer!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    well IMO its the greatest summer/fresh designer fragrance of all time.

    And yes, i would pick it ahead of Bleu de Chanel. Although i think Bleu de Chanel is a good fragrance, between those two, Allure Homme Sport should be your first priority.
    With your experiences with sport hows the longevity? sillage? compliments? lol

  9. #9

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    longevity: 6-8 hours

    sillage: the only fresh fragrance that projects as well/better then this one that i own is L'eau D'Issey

    compliments: if there was a Compliment-getter all star team, Chanel Allure Homme Sport would be on it.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    longevity: 6-8 hours

    sillage: the only fresh fragrance that projects as well/better then this one that i own is L'eau D'Issey

    compliments: if there was a Compliment-getter all star team, Chanel Allure Homme Sport would be on it.
    Preciate that man. I'm ordering it now. Just because im interested, who else would be on the compliment getter all star team?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    With your experiences with sport hows the longevity? sillage? compliments? lol
    I recently got a 2.5ml sample of Bleu de Chanel and I really like it. However compared to my 50ml bottle of Chanel Allure Homme Sport, it doesn't really compare in my opinion. Both are great scents but Allure Homme Sport is just so far ahead of other Sport fragrances that I often wonder why other houses even bother!

    You can't really go wrong with either but I would definitely go for the Allure Homme Sport! It also happens to be my most complimented fragrance
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

  12. #12

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Between Allure Sport and Dior Homme Sport, wich you prefer?
    I liked equally.

    And wich last longer?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    Preciate that man. I'm ordering it now. Just because im interested, who else would be on the compliment getter all star team?
    hmmm. For me, Le Male, Givenchy Pi, La Nuit de L'homme,Pure Malt, and even in my short time with it, Musc Ravageur, are the big compliment getters. I have a feeling that Body Kouros will be a compliment whore as well when i receive it

  14. #14

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Bleu is grapefruit, AHS is citrus. I tried AHS day when I went to buy my Bleu just to be sure that I am buying right one and it was no brainer to me... so its Bleu for me. Bleu is IMHO more versatile.

    I would definitely try both and dont buy them blind. You cant go wrong with any of them but.. you are paying Chanel price here so choose what YOU like more..
    TOP 5 hot weather:

    1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

    TOP 5 cold weather:

    1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

  15. #15
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    77,295

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    You cant go wrong with any of them but.. you are paying Chanel price here so choose what YOU like more..
    Agree.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    AHS is not about citrus, it's about aldehydes and orange.
    For me it would be either AHS or Bleu but don't get the cologne, it smells very cheap.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    I recommend Allure Homme Sport also.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    AHS - Reminds me a bit of Axe Twist (the one which smells a bit like vomit), it's supposed to have an orange/citrus smell, but it's very synthetic to my nose.
    AHS Cologne - Perfect natural top notes of lemon. If you like the smell of fresh lemon juice, you'll like that beginning. Middle notes and drydown are more classical but still very good.
    Bleu - Didn't try enough yet, but wasn't really impressed with it. However, since you're looking for a casual scent, it could fit your need. I don't find it special enough but it's not bad, though.

    My recommendation is AHS Cologne, even if I'm the only one to think that.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Allure Homme Sport from me. I see it as a very versatile scent.

    One spray to each wrist, and one to the chest nets me over 8 hours longevity, and up to four of powerful sillage. Get's me a lot of compliments from 16-18 year old girls. Love it.
    Call me George, my Mum does!
    Looking for bottles/large decants: A&F Fierce, Hollister Jake, Platinum Egoiste, L'instant de Guerlain. PM me

  20. #20

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentational View Post
    AHS - Reminds me a bit of Axe Twist (the one which smells a bit like vomit), it's supposed to have an orange/citrus smell, but it's very synthetic to my nose.
    AHS Cologne - Perfect natural top notes of lemon. If you like the smell of fresh lemon juice, you'll like that beginning. Middle notes and drydown are more classical but still very good.
    Bleu - Didn't try enough yet, but wasn't really impressed with it. However, since you're looking for a casual scent, it could fit your need. I don't find it special enough but it's not bad, though.

    My recommendation is AHS Cologne, even if I'm the only one to think that.
    +1

    Heyyyyyy you are not alone!!

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pennsyl-tuckey
    Posts
    1,749
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Allure Homme Sport - Nice fresh fragrance. Best of the three you listed.

    Allure Homme Sport Cologne - Lemons.

    Bleu de Chanel - Lame fresh fragrance with a weird note combination that smells like coffee and beef on my skin.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

    Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

    PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

  22. #22

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    I know that the majority is behind Allure Homme Sport and say its so fresh and clean but I found it to be a dusty dirty lemon.
    The Sport Cologne on the other hand was an amazing burst of FRESH lemon...reminded me of peeling a lemon and you see the mist come out.. also, the drydown was absolutely beautiful and it kinda reminded me of a more woodier top of Bleecker Street. I thought it was something wrong but I tried it again from another bottle and it was the same. Has anyone else had this experience?

    As for Bleu.. not for me. It actually gave me a headache. Very synthetic and generic for me

  23. #23
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    I personally find all three to be pedestrian fragrances that are not worth purchasing. I would recommend looking into a different house.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  24. #24

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Between Allure Sport and Dior Homme Sport, wich you prefer?
    I liked equally.

    And wich last longer?
    DHS has the longest longevity by far, also Allure sport doesn´t live on my skin.It dies soon
    my current top five (always in transition)

    Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

  25. #25

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    my friend, listen and listen carefully.

    get Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT . just get it. dont think about it. just get it. blind buy it. do it.
    LoL

    jonny rules!!!!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

    Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

  26. #26

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Quote Originally Posted by ekim4621 View Post
    I know that the majority is behind Allure Homme Sport and say its so fresh and clean but I found it to be a dusty dirty lemon.
    The Sport Cologne on the other hand was an amazing burst of FRESH lemon...reminded me of peeling a lemon and you see the mist come out.. also, the drydown was absolutely beautiful and it kinda reminded me of a more woodier top of Bleecker Street. I thought it was something wrong but I tried it again from another bottle and it was the same. Has anyone else had this experience?
    As for Bleu.. not for me. It actually gave me a headache. Very synthetic and generic for me

    yessss, I go with the Cologne version. simply nice!!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

    Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

  27. #27

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    I'd rather get Joop NIGHTFLIGHT over these mediocre chanel offerings...

    If not... try Edition Blanche.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    If not... try Edition Blanche.[/QUOTE]

    I had Edition Blanche....was pretty nice.
    IMO Bleu is generic and AHS too. The Allure Sport Cologne is nice too, but think on Edition Blanche, is much more exclusive.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

    William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

    Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  29. #29

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    +++ Allure Homme Sport Cologne (2007) by Chanel ... i.e. "Cologne Sport"
    of the 3.


    I REALLY hate when houses create confusion with the names, and I don't hate.

  30. #30
    Tarheel Golfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,591
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Allure sport vs. sport cologne vs. Bleu

    Allure Homme Edition Blanche is better than any of them in my opinion. There is a note in AHS and sport cologne (ginger maybe) that just puts me off.

    I like Bleu, but not as much as Edition Blanche, especially for summer.

Similar Threads

  1. How does Dior Homme Sport compare to Allure Sport Edt or Cologne
    By tbp82 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd April 2009, 06:00 AM
  2. Allure Sport cologne sport= weak Light Blue for women
    By G Man in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9th June 2007, 12:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •