Code of Conduct

Default Please ID these two Bogner fragrances

Please refer to the attached photo. I'd like some help in identifying these two older Bogner fragrances. I've had a bottle of each in my collection for a while, and have just today added another bottle of each, which are seen in the photo.

Bogner.jpg

The one on the left is a soft green floral with woody notes and vanilla. The one on the right is rose and jasmine with other floral notes, woody notes, amber, and musk. Both are very good, elegant fragrances. Both are 100 ml eau de toilette.

I assume that one of these is Bogner Woman. The Basenotes directory lists a Bogner Woman, a Bogner Woman 1, and a Bogner Sonia. I've seen the bottle on the left described as Sonia on a website, which may be incorrect. There's nothing on either of these boxes, bottles, or inserts that has a name or any other information which identifies the fragrances.

Can anyone ID these two fragrances for me?

Thanks!

noggs

Default Re: Please ID these two Bogner fragrances

I think the left one is Bogner woman. I donot know about the one on the right.
    I had this left Bogner in the late 80's. I think it was launched around 1988, that is whan I wore it anyway. It was a lovely cozy vanilla fragrance with maybe some light floral notes in the drydown.

Hillaire

I believe your 'scent on the left' is Sonia, from 1987, I am almost 90 percent sure. . Someone is selling one of on ebay as "Bogner I", but this is a mistake, I believe, as these Bogner bottles are SO frustrating due to only displaying the logo!
    Here is the image Ozmoz provides for this Sonia:

Your scent on the right is the original Bogner Bogner (called Bogner Woman I in the bn directory), from 1985. I have one of these, and I would describe it as a brazen, woody chypre, not unlike the original Calvin Klein's women's scent, if you can conjure that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOGNER-Bogner-ED...item256024eb38

Here is another look of the original Bogner Bogner, also in the red, curvilinear format:

I also own Bogner Woman from 1990 -- for the record -- which is a deep, brooding, rosy sweet scent. Its bottle is angular and curved, and not at all like either of yours. I am positive neither of your scents are Bogner Woman. (Note: if anyone is reading this and actually has a bottle of this, I will pay you handsomely for it.) Its bottle looks like just like this:

Please don't take my word as gospel, but I am fairly confident about these. I have loved this house for a while.

Bogner is a fantastic house! Too bad these amazing old scents are SO HARD to come by and fading into obscurity!
    Last edited by Hillaire; 14th January 2011 at 04:45 AM.

Hillaire

Check out this link, too. I just found it.
    I never heard of Bogner Bath and Body! Now I have to find some!

http://scentdirect.com/designer.php?designerID=26

Thanks, Hillaire and Suesser.

I already had the "bottle on the left" marked as Sonia in my wardrobe since I had seen it described that way several years ago on the internet, but I wasn't sure about it. I was beginning to think that this one might instead be Bogner Woman 1.

The "bottle on the right" I have listed as Bogner Woman in my wardrobe instead of Bogner Woman 1. So I'll have to change that one.

I have also been able to find several bottles of Bogner Man II recently. But at least that one is identified on the box. I don't know why they made their feminine frags so hard to distinguish. I have neither seen nor even heard of Bath and Body. That one must be even more difficult to find than the others.

I enjoy these older Bogner fragrances. I like both of the feminine ones shown in my photo very much. I'm not too keen about Man II, but Deep Forest is a favorite of mine. Bogner was coming up with winners back in the '80s!

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 14th January 2011 at 04:37 PM.

The notes for Sonia from the H&R Atlas:
    Bergamot; lemon, rosewood, peach, green note, aldehyde
    Jasmin; rose, carnation, iris, ylang
    Vanilla; patchouli, sandalwood, amber, musk, civet, benzoe, tolu

And Bogner (Woman):
    Green notes, violet; bergamot, fruity notes
    Rose, iris; jasmin, muguet, linden, cyclamen, ylang
    Musk; cedar, moss, sandal, heliotrope

I was going to say, you need Deep Forest, too. Great stuff isn't it? Too bad indeed that Bogner turned trashy (even if Snow is decent for a 00's acquatic)
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I believe your 'scent on the left' is Sonia, from 1987, I am almost 90 percent sure. . Someone is selling one of on ebay as "Bogner I", but this is a mistake, I believe, as these Bogner bottles are SO frustrating due to only displaying the logo!
    Here is the image Ozmoz provides for this Sonia:

Your scent on the right is the original Bogner Bogner (called Bogner Woman I in the bn directory), from 1985. I have one of these, and I would describe it as a brazen, woody chypre, not unlike the original Calvin Klein's women's scent, if you can conjure that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOGNER-Bogner-ED...item256024eb38

Here is another look of the original Bogner Bogner, also in the red, curvilinear format:

I also own Bogner Woman from 1990 -- for the record -- which is a deep, brooding, rosy sweet scent. Its bottle is angular and curved, and not at all like either of yours. I am positive neither of your scents are Bogner Woman. (Note: if anyone is reading this and actually has a bottle of this, I will pay you handsomely for it.) Its bottle looks like just like this:

Please don't take my word as gospel, but I am fairly confident about these. I have loved this house for a while.

Bogner is a fantastic house! Too bad these amazing old scents are SO HARD to come by and fading into obscurity!
    This is exactly the rights names for the right bottles! Well done Hillaire! They are all masterpieces, the men's line too.

More frustrating is the extremely high price for these gems. All vintages women or men, all bottles starting from 100 euro's and more even. The new releases can be bought in Germany for better prices!

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post

I was going to say, you need Deep Forest, too. Great stuff isn't it? Too bad indeed that Bogner turned trashy (even if Snow is decent for a 00's acquatic)
    Ahh, Deep Forest is one of my most treasured possessions! It's divine. And still 'affordable' enough that collectors should hunt some down!

Quote Originally Posted by bookshop88 View Post
    More frustrating is the extremely high price for these gems. All vintages women or men, all bottles starting from 100 euro's and more even.
    I was extremely fortunate at finding these as unsold old stock in a local shop. I paid less than $30 for the Bogner Woman 1 and less than $40 for the Sonia. I must have at least four bottles of Deep Forest stockpiled, but there are still a few more around my local area shops at reasonable prices. Unfortunately I have never come across the original Bogner Man or Bogner Woman.