Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1725 Casanova by Histoire de Parfums

This one is a question for the people that have large decants or full bottles of this amazing frag.

To me it's a bit like "Taste of Heaven" & "L'Eau d'Hiver" had a love child that inherited the best of both. I'm fascinated by it, it seems to have quite a bit going on, despite initial impressions. I'm just about to pull the trigger.

I know it's softly spoken, but what I wanted to know from you is whether you find it adequately tenacious.

Cheers, J
    Last edited by jathanas; 14th January 2011 at 09:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1725 Casanova by Histoire de Parfums - Longevity

Where's Mr. Reasonable? I believe he's the master on this....I only have a sample and i would longevity is quite good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks volley2. The department store that sells them here doesn't have take home testers for that line. All I've had is a couple of skin tests.

Very impressed so far, the opening is divine. All the accords are low volume but very detectable.

Post Thanks / Like

I have good longevity from all Histoires de Parfums frags. I attribute most of that from really good quality ingredients.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I have good longevity from all Histoires de Parfums frags. I attribute most of that from really good quality ingredients.
    Thanks for that, my intention is to get to know the whole range more intimately. The ones I've sniffed so far (1818, 1725, Ambre 114) all warrant further investigation. 1725 I was smitten with.

1725 is amazing! I get good longevity with this. I definitely over-applied this the first wearing as I thought it was so soft and quiet that I just kept dabbing on more and more, and then about 30 minutes later I realized just how strong it was and how much sillage I was pumping out. It's a deceptive one!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    1725 is amazing! I get good longevity with this. I definitely over-applied this the first wearing as I thought it was so soft and quiet that I just kept dabbing on more and more, and then about 30 minutes later I realized just how strong it was and how much sillage I was pumping out. It's a deceptive one!
    SoS we share a love for the frags that speak softly but carry a baseball bat: APOM, Reflection Man, and now 1725. 1725 is deceivingly complex, isn't it? That's an attribute it shares with Reflection.

Excellent longevity.

No, I don't agree. I have a full bottle and love 1725, but its longevity is only average (4 hours) on me. I don't think that quality ingredients mean exceptional longevity by definition. I am easy on the trigger with this. I think Luca Turin is very right in saying it's getting very close to L'Heure Bleue at one stage.

Post Thanks / Like

A personal favourite for me - enjoyed it this last summer and it's also great now it's cooler - this is one I would travel with. I think it lasts really well, it feels present and accounted for in a good way when I'm leaving work. Can't recommend it enough really if you like the actual accord and feel of it from sampling, but these things seem to perform differently for different people so I take most comments about longevity here with a grain of salt

I like your description - Taste of Heaven & L'Eau d'Hiver are both also favourites for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your advice, it's highly valued.

I purchased an 120ml bottle of 1725, and I can see myself wearing it very frequently. My impression at the moment is that it seems to have that chameleon quality that renders it appropriate for any time. It complements more than it envelopes the wearer. Very smooth.

This is my sort of scent

Cheers, J

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Somebody in Melbourne is gonna be smelling 'delish'!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1725 Casanova by Histoire de Parfums

If I'd splurge on a full bottle of HdP it would be 1725, I got 3 15 ml bottles and 2 of those are 1725. Very nice scent
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I have a full bottle and itīs an ok scent, but it doesnīt last long on me either.
    Some of the other ones (I have samples) , like the De Sade one lasts long on me though.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

1725 is a smooth operator - definitely my top pick from one of my favorite houses. Incl. discontinued ones, I've tried every single fragrance from them with the limited edition Defile New York as the only exception. No longevity issues whatsoever, though a few of their fragrances play hide-and-seek with your nose. On my skin 1725 hits the 8 hour mark consistently, even with modest spritzes. I find it more interesting than Kilian's A Taste of Heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have tried a sample of Casanova and liked it, but, for me, not enough to consider it bottle worthy.

I think that 1725 is the home run among the HdP masculines (the others are great too). Strong and longlasting. Quality stuff.
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

This is up there with Pour Un Homme as my favourite lavender.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

This seems to have a proper following here. I'ts not very long lasting on me but that won't affect my enjoyment.

It does play with lavender in a novel manner. I'd say the almond acts as a volume control. It's a hit out of the park!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a wonderful but not terribly strong fragrance. What I've found is not that it goes away, but it's not something I'd wear on a summer day if I had a lot of running around to do cause I've found I end up smelling sort of Casanova in a shirt that needs laundering.