Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default NEW: Prada Amber PH Intense

This has me totally stoked as I think the original is one of the best men's scents in the last decade.. heck, one of my favorite men's scents EVER!

Anyhow, this is taken from Fragrantica ( http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Prad...ense-1932.html )

Here comes the good news for all those lovers of classical elegance from the prestigious fashion house of Prada. It is the new, reinterpreted and more intensive version of their debut male fragrance from 2006 Amber Pour Homme, named Amber Pour Homme Intense.

Amber Pour Homme Intense defines that sophistication and masculinity of the original perfume and intensive aroma of amber with exquisite high-quality ingredients, in order to maintain the blend of tradition and modern trends that is immanent to Prada.

The oriental fougere composition highlights Italian bergamot, Somalia myrrh, Indonesian patchouli and vanilla from Madagascar as the main ingredients. Bergamot causes sparkly and fresh opening; hot and spicy resin of myrrh creates a rich and intense aroma; patchouli is attractive and seductive, while vanilla is a gentle and warm, completing the fragrance together with amber.

Notes: bergamot, myrrh, patchouli, vanilla, amber

The bottle is designed like its predecessor: narrow and rectangular with a silver plate inscribed with the fragrancesĺ main notes. The new bottle is colored in intensive black, packed in an elegant gray box featuring the house logo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: NEW: Prada Amber PH Intense

Kind of sad not to see any orange blossom or saffron listed, though. Also, I hope it's not actually stronger as far as longevity and projection go, but instead perhaps just a more traditionally masculine take on the theme presented by the original. Guess I'll have to wait and see...
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

i...am....PUMPED!!!!!!!! i LOVE Prada Amber PH, i cant wait to get my nose on this. comes out in april! hurry uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

and the bottle is BADASSS

I love the bottle! Hope that it`s really intenser than the original. I`ll probably buy a bottle blindly anyway...

Cant wait.

Even if the intense versions always make me think thats last longer and has more sillage...And i always got disapointed.
    I love Prada Amber, so i will buy this one for sure.

The notes sound very very interesting , just my cup of tea .... as long as it doesnt smell of soap like all the other Pradas

Sur la Plage

I see no need for this fragrance. Prada needs to come out with something new - not another Amber or Infusion flanker. Move along already.......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I┤ll sample this. I like the original

Definitely will try this, but It certainly won't be a blind buy. It will be one of those that goes one way or the other.
    1. Gucci pour Homme II.
    2. Burberry for Men
    3. Dolce & Gabbana The One
    4. Dior pour Homme
    5. Prada Amber pour Homme

This definitely appeals to me more than the Infusion series! Must sniff.

COOL! I like the original very much and this sounds even better!!!!

The Prada Intense for woman is not any stronger then the regular version - just a diffrent mix on notes. I would not have my hopes up that this is going to be longer lasting with sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Kind of sad not to see any orange blossom or saffron listed, though. Also, I hope it's not actually stronger as far as longevity and projection go, but instead perhaps just a more traditionally masculine take on the theme presented by the original. Guess I'll have to wait and see...
    Agree 100%. I liked Amber Pour Homme and Infusion, but they are a tad on the feminine side. Here's hoping for a more masculine version.

We were waiting for it. Must try!!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

Thats one of the best looking bottle's i've ever seen! I've never bought something based on looks of the bottle before, but this one looks great!

Will pass on this like all their other ones.

I love the original Prada Amber PH, so I'm completely jazzed over this. At first I saw the pic and was hoping that it wasn't some photoshop trick or early April Fools. I'll have to get a bottle of this as soon as it's available.

Look forward to testing it...

even more intense? ridiculous, but bottle is awsome
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    and the bottle is BADASSS
    Just like the original is?

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

---
    Last edited by petruccijc; 15th January 2011 at 02:03 AM.

looking forward to this one

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Just like the original is?

i just like the black

daym that bottle looks sick, love the black. How cool would it be if the juice is black as well, like Black Afgano. Dying to try this in April!!

how did i just hear about this? definitely looking forward to trying it

I thought Prada was done with fragrances??

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    They were, but they're giving it one last go!

SoS was one of the few senior basenoters not on Creed's payrol so Prada is now hiring him to be a shill.

I enjoyed the original, but wasn't crazy about it. I'm looking forward to this one! I love black, so that bottle is gorgeous.
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

We think that was only referring to the boutique exclusive ones. Their regular fragrances are everywhere over here and I'm assuming still sell well enough?

I for one hope it isn't stronger than the original. The original is unparalleled in the quality department.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

I'm hoping that this one will be smoother and less powdery than the original; and also, I wouldn't mind a little bit of sweetness.

Laaaaame

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    daym that bottle looks sick, love the black. How cool would it be if the juice is black as well, like Black Afgano. Dying to try this in April!!
    Looks like it may be out now. It's on the Nordstroms website. from the site:

A captivating new scent for men, Amber Pour Homme Eau de Toilette Intense re-awakens the core elegance of the original Prada Amber Pour Homme.

Four years after the launch of Amber Pour Homme, Prada has opened an intense new chapter in its amber family of fragrances, with a hypnotic and uncompromising fix for aficionados of this heritage accord. A pared-back roster of exceptional-quality raw ingredients is blended with the modern elegance typical of Prada fragrances, without clichÚ, in a search for the true heart of amber. Peeling back the layers of leather and barbershop soap present in the original scent, sensual patchouli and rich, warm vanilla are the stars of this distinctive cocktail; at once unexpected and recognizable, like a long-lost friend. Spicy myrrh and a citrus twist of bergamot complete the fragrance.

The ingredients:
    - Italian bergamot: One of the essential ingredients of all great colognes, this citrus note is extracted by cold-pressing the zest of an almost-ripe fruit. It brings a sparkling freshness to the fragrance.
    - Myrrh resin from Somalia: This warm, spicy note is reminiscent of journeys and magic. It brings fullness and depth to the fragrance.
    - Patchouli leaves from Indonesia: This intoxicating note is one of the most recognizable elements of amber. Its seductive charm rounds off the fragrance.
    - Vanilla: Smooth vanilla from Madagascar adds warmth to the fragrance and completes the amber story.

The bottle and packaging: A slender rectangular bottle but in an intense black finish bearing a silver plaque engraved with ingredients links Amber Pour Homme Eau de Toilette Intense with the original. A textile label adorns saffiano finishing packaging, making a subtle connection with Prada's mood.

* Limited edition.
    * By Prada.

Will be limited edition!

I will grab one bottle for sure.

I placed an order with Nordstrom for this today. Their description is what sold me. Finally amber will be noticeable in Prada Amber Intense. Thanks for posting that they had it. It ships on the 11th due to backorder. The code "Beauty" makes shipping a flat rate 5 bucks for all fragrances a beauty supplies BTW.

Edit: Ship date has been pushed to 2/22/2011
    Last edited by Fletch31; 14th February 2011 at 03:44 AM.

I love the original Prada Amber Pour Homme, very classy, very expensive smelling.

Both Infusion d'Homme and Prada Amber Pour Homme have a soupy clean accord to it, I appreciate both as they are. However I think Amber Pour Homme is more interesting and more complex than Infusion d'Homme, not as linear relative to Infusion d'Homme, although I believe both scents do not journey much in the drydown from start to finish.

Looking forward to this latest release.

But I have to say I'm getting a little bit bored of their well-known signature soap accords, they do vary their soap accords very well, Fleur d'Orange, Iris, Vetiver and Tuberose etc. but they should think of ways of expanding their portfolio, it's getting a little boring...

Yeah, they've done "soapy" to death now. Give us something else.

Definitely can't wait to try this new one though.

Hey my Prada Amber Intense just shipped today from Nordstrom so they have received their first delivery! That's five days earlier than expected. No more backorders! I will post up some thoughts when I receive it.

Anyone know when this will be available in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch31 View Post
    Hey my Prada Amber Intense just shipped today from Nordstrom so they have received their first delivery! That's five days earlier than expected. No more backorders! I will post up some thoughts when I receive it.
    I just got my notification this morning that my order from Nordstrom.com shipped also.

The Nordstrom by me has it in stock, so I'm going to go sample (buy?) it tomorrow...

Somebody pleeeeeeeeeeease give us a review of this! Hehe!

Finally got the opportunity to try this today. Honestly, I am somewhat underwhelmed. The good news is that in my opinion, this is much smoother and better blended than the original. It is also a bit darker as well. I get a slight hint of Rive Gauche PH in here too. I never sampled Rive Gauche Light PH, but this is how I would imagine it would smell in the dry down. I know everyone who is reading this is thinking this sounds awesome! In theory it is, but I can't help but think that this is less than the sum of its parts. As for the downside, once the bergamot in the top notes fades, the scent doesn't change at all for its duration. Also, maybe it's just me but this scent just wears very flat and one dimensional. This would make an ideal office scent. It would also be a good choice for someone who typically isn't a fan of fragrances. Longevity seems to be pretty good. Sillage is ok, but somewhat restrained.

The Nordstrom by me didn't have testers, so I had to buy this blind. I will test it further for a week or two to see if my opinion changes at all, but as of right now, I don't believe this is bottle worthy...

Angry Re: NEW: Prada Amber PH Intense

Finally got the opportunity to try this today. Honestly, I am somewhat underwhelmed. The good news is that in my opinion, this is much smoother and better blended than the original. It is also a bit darker as well. I get a slight hint of Rive Gauche PH in here too. I never sampled Rive Gauche Light PH, but this is how I would imagine it would smell in the dry down. I know everyone who is reading this is thinking this sounds awesome! In theory it is, but I can't help but think that this is less than the sum of its parts. As for the downside, once the bergamot in the top notes fades, the scent doesn't change at all for its duration. Also, maybe it's just me but this scent just wears very flat and one dimensional. This would make an ideal office scent. It would also be a good choice for someone who typically isn't a fan of fragrances. Longevity seems to be pretty good. Sillage is ok, but somewhat restrained.

The Nordstrom by me didn't have testers, so I had to buy this blind. I will test it further for a week or two to see if my opinion changes at all, but as of right now, I don't believe this is bottle worthy...
    :-(

So it has a barber shop smell...... no vanilla or sweetness to it at all?
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    :-(

So it has a barber shop smell...... no vanilla or sweetness to it at all?
    No.

It's very much in keeping with the aesthetic of the rest of their mens fragrances...

does sound like something ill be purchasing since i already have the original and it seems like more of my taste

It's very much in keeping with the aesthetic of the rest of their mens fragrances...
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com

Rive Gauche you say. Must test. Move away from keyboard. Put on shoes. Walk out door. Go to mall....

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Rive Gauche. Must test. Move away from keyboard. Put on shoes. Walk out door. Go to mall....
    More like diet RG, but test away...

Hmmm.

Thanks for the review though!

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the oldman barbershop vibe NOOOOOOOOOO

I received my bottle today from Nordstrom and I gotta say I like this version a whole lot better then the original. gone is that sickly sweet soap/floral smell. This one is much darker with more deeper patchouli and I swear oud wood added.

It is listed as a eau de perfume but it is a very restrained fragrance like its sibling -

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    ...gone is that sickly sweet soap/floral smell. This one is much darker with more deeper patchouli and I swear oud wood added.
    That's a good thing for me, since I'm not a fan of the original's cloying soapy accord.

I'm a big fan of amber and myrrh notes. Are either of these two dominant in the intense version?

Sur la Plage

Our local Nordstrom has it. It's very nice. I get more incense than the original. Is it something I would personally buy - No. I have and like the original Prada Amber pour Homme - and I don't find this one significantly different enough that I would need both in my collection. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

I would love to see Prada branch out and do something different than Amber and Infusion flankers.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 19th February 2011 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

I would love to see Prada branch out and do something different than Amber and Infusion flankers.
    Infusion d'Amber?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    ...I gotta say I like this version a whole lot better then the original. gone is that sickly sweet soap/floral smell. This one is much darker with more deeper patchouli and I swear oud wood added....
    This makes me even more anxious to get this Prada. I like the soapy smell but have always wished for more depth/darkness in this frag.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Sur la Plage

Infusion d'Amber?
    I actually put that in a recent thread of "What new releases are you looking forward to?". I figured it was imminent.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 20th February 2011 at 08:34 AM.

I'm off to Mass to pray for the heretic who created this!

Really, this is not that bad but it harkens to the Canali attempts at making an eau de parfum flanker for its fragrance line. The opening notes are deep, slightly creamy, and in keeping with the Prada Amber edt. Unfortunately, the initial punch does not linger for very long and the duration is not what I expect with regards to an edp.

Dior and YSL have respectively created wonderful Intense edp versions of Dior Homme Intense and Opium homme eau de parfum. Why the Italians can't do this makes me crazy!

I bought the Prada Amber Intense after I had had a wonderful Italian lunch with a bunch of elderly gentlemen from Abruzzi, Molise, and Lazio...Calabria, too. So, I was in Fellini heaven and wanted a purchase to end the day right.

Packaging is a bit ruined by the black square Prada badge on top of the Prada lettering. A bit silly, really. But the bottle and its color is fine.

About 6/10 for overall execution. Another reason for which I will lay down my life for Opium homme eau de parfum.

Anyone have a bottle of Halston Amber Man that they'd like to trade for my Prada Amber Intense 100ml? (99 per cent full).
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Rarely do I buy a fragrance unsmelled, although it has happened. Yesterday was a case in point.

Prada Amber Intense for Men had just been uncrated yet no samples were available. Based on my initial purchase of their first offering 5 years ago, I decided to give it a whirl.

Well, guys, "pared down" as I read somewhere, granted it is. None of the soapy barbershop quartet note. BUT - and here it comes -you just have to like vanilla. I purchased the fragrance on the merits of the myrrh component, but this is not strong enough.

It's a very burly fragrance, a dark, brooding smell, there's no doubt about that. Reminiscent of M7, not in odour, but in punch. Its sillage is powerful.

In fact, I would even venture so far as to liken it to Amen's Pure Malt (without the malt ). Prada Pour Homme Amber Intense (someone, pls come up with a proper acrynoym!) is tarrry and has that dark chocoloate, black coffee, peaty note to it, probably due to the vanilla when paired with the strong patchouly component.

At any rate, fans of the aforementioned Pure Malt should be very satisfied.

The fragrance was purchased at The Bay where it has been available since Friday night.

I'm anxious to hear your impressions while I decide whether I need to return it.
    Last edited by mariodefior; 20th February 2011 at 04:15 PM.