Code of Conduct

Default New Fragrance: Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

source: luxury4men (original), Fragrantica (adaptation)

It is the new, reinterpreted and more intensive version of their debut male fragrance from 2006 Amber Pour Homme, named Amber Pour Homme Intense.

Amber Pour Homme Intense defines that sophistication and masculinity of the original perfume and intensive aroma of amber with exquisite high-quality ingredients, in order to maintain the blend of tradition and modern trends that is immanent to Prada.

The oriental fougere composition highlights Italian bergamot, Somalia myrrh, Indonesian patchouli and vanilla from Madagascar as the main ingredients. Bergamot causes sparkly and fresh opening; hot and spicy resin of myrrh creates a rich and intense aroma; patchouli is attractive and seductive, while vanilla is a gentle and warm, completing the fragrance together with amber.

Notes: bergamot, myrrh, patchouli, vanilla, amber

The bottle is designed like its predecessor: narrow and rectangular with a silver plate inscribed with the fragrances’ main notes. The new bottle is colored in intensive black, packed in an elegant gray box featuring the house logo.

Amber Pour Homme Intense will be available from April 2011 in bottles of 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum Intense and as deluxe edition with a high-tech spray of 100 ml EDP Intense. These are the prices: € 63 for 50 ml, € 85 for 100 ml and € 110 for 100 ml of deluxe edition.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Default Re: New Fragrance: Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Didn't see SoS already opened a similar topic, this one may be closed.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I just bought a small bottle...very pleased...I didn't like the original because it was too astringent, too soapy...the addition of the myrrh here really made this one shine.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

It took me several wearings before I decided that I really liked this. It smells great, but I was initially unimpressed with the projection and longevity, which is deceptive. If you wear stuff like La Nuit De L'Homme and are looking for something a little more classy and mature for evening wear, this is a nice step up.

Sampled this recently but didn't care for it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    It took me several wearings before I decided that I really liked this. It smells great, but I was initially unimpressed with the projection and longevity, which is deceptive. If you wear stuff like La Nuit De L'Homme and are looking for something a little more classy and mature for evening wear, this is a nice step up.
    It's funny that some days it stays with me awhile and others it just vanishes after an hour...really strange
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I tried this yesterday and I was really surprised! It's very different from the original Amber pour homme, that I don't like at all.
    The patchouly and the vanilla in the drydown remind me of L'instant pour homme. Am I wrong?
    Is this a limited edition?
    Last edited by alberto; 13th July 2011 at 03:49 PM.

Retested this one yesterday too and also found it's a solid flanker, and dare I say maybe even better than the original!
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I agree, it is better than the original.

I got it as a gift about a week ago and I'm very happy to have it. Has a really nice drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    I agree, it is better than the original.
    And me. Far better.

I like this more than the original.

Its a a fresh soapy opening and dries to a chocolate vanilla like vibe. Comparisons to this and a grown up YSL La Nuit are justified.
    Last edited by spirit966; 8th February 2012 at 06:21 AM.

Have the original but from what I read, would love to get a sample of this. Sounds intriguing.