Code of Conduct

Default Orange Blossom Fragrances

What is the best and most realistic unisex fragrance with a dominant orange blossom note? Thanks.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Orange Blossom Fragrances

Champagne de Bois by Senoma Scent Studios strikes me as fitting this description.

Try Eau Pour Un Jeune Homme by MPG.

My favorites are Czech & Speake Neroli. Roger Gallet Extra Vieille and Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia are also quite nice.

Sur la Plage

Neroli Portofino
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Let's keep this thread going. There is always Jo Malone Orange Blossom though I find it too feminine for me along with Serge Lutens Fleur d'Oranger and l'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007. I have ordered and am eagerly awaiting samples of DSH Fleur d'Oranger Rois and Eau de Cologne/Aqua Mirabilis.

+1 to Serge Lutens Fleur d'Oranger and Neroli Portofino

APOM pour Homme also features orange blossom but the amber prevents it from taking center stage.

Do yourself a favour and try Maison Francis Kurkdjian - APOM Pour Homme and Xerjoff - Kobe
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Let's keep this thread going. There is always Jo Malone Orange Blossom though I find it too feminine for me along with Serge Lutens Fleur d'Oranger and l'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007. I have ordered and am eagerly awaiting samples of DSH Fleur d'Oranger Rois and Eau de Cologne/Aqua Mirabilis.
    Please let me know what you think of the samples you ordered. Thanks to everyone for all of the responses so far.

Has anyone tried:

Fleurs d'oranger
    Eau de Parfum
    by Mazzolari
    The Scoop
    The latest creation by Mazzolari is an homage to the aromas of the Mediterranean. This orange blossom scent is actually a bit more dramatic than most and its lasting power is utterly swoon-worthy. Fleurs d’Oranger opens with the expected happy sparkle of orange blossom, a white floral bursting with sunshine on a warm breeze. As it melds with your skin, a rich jasmine creeps in… at first, ever so slowly, just a mere afterthought, but soon enough, its seductive charms are in full bloom and pulses begin to raise. A light musk merely flits to and fro, never amping the perfume into fresh or clean territory yet tying the two ethereal florals together. Fleurs strikes a balance between light and dramatic throughout…it’s both sunrise and sunset at Italy’s Amalfi Coast in summer. Unforgettable!

Fleurs d'oranger Notes
    jasmine, orange blossom, white musk

From Luckyscent.com
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

My favorite is still Cologne Sologne, by Parfums de Nicolai

Basenotes Institution

The Jo Malone is pretty realistic IMO.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    What is the best and most realistic unisex fragrance with a dominant orange blossom note? Thanks.
    My favorite is Czech & Speake Neroli.

I also recommend L'Artisan Parfumeur Fleur d'Oranger.

As a stalwart member of the Diogenes Club (here on Basenotes) I invite all orange blossom peeps to check it out.
    Some choice, orange-blossom discussion there. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=57

Good discussion here.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

This far in, and no mention of Hermes Eau d'Orange? Love the Concentre version especially. Not sure that I'd call it realistic, but it qualifies as fine, fine stuff.

An interesting alternative: Roger Gallet Cologne. Not Extra Vieille, but the one that's simply named Cologne. In the arty green bottle. It's billed as something like "ultimate tribute to orange." Comes off more as an interesting and high-quality synthetic, with orangey qualities. Not really fresh orange. Worth sampling at least, if you're an orange fan, or a fan of R&G.

I enjoy JPG's Fleur du Male, and Prada's Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

May I suggest Fleur d'Oranger 27 from Le Labo. See my review of this fragrance on my blog page.
    - Expect the unexpected

D'Orsay (yes, I know...) Etiquette Bleue. This is supposedly the scent the Comte d'Orsay created for his "secret" English mistress, so secret it was only know by the blue label...and purportedly made from the original (and fictional) Eau de Bouquet. (All romantic advertising spin. If Lady Blessington was ever his mistress, she was very Irish and the widow of an Irish earl...and hardly secret. They lived together in her huge mansion in Kensington! And she was his mother-in-law!))

SLs Fleur d'Oranger is also very nice. Laura Mercier Neroli is also very good.

Others include Bal A Versailles (orange with civet), Pacifica Perfumes Nerola (floral orange) and Caron Narcisse Nior, a orange blossom with civet.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120594.html

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/laura-me...&cm_ven=google

Thank you for the link, OdyM.
    Last edited by Primrose; 29th December 2011 at 06:06 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Altamir - Ted Lapidus
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Dior Fahrenheit 32

Thanks for all of your responses. Does any one else have a favorite unisex orange blossom fragrance?

+1 for Serge Lutens Fleur d'Oranger
    I also love the orange blossom note in Santa Maria Novella Angels of Florence, it comes through very strongly for me, and is one of my favourites even though it is not unusual or that unique.
    ~~~~ www.nascio.com.au ~~~~

Diptyque L'eau Neroli and MFK APOM.

Another one for APOM which is a wonderful orange blossom/amber scent.

Orange blossom is spun differently in PdN New York but it's right there.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

love orange blossom scents. will be looking to try/buy C&S Neroli, TF N.P and S.L Fleur d'Oranger

Another vote for Fahrenheit 32

Personally, I looove Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Prelude to Love By Kilian.... Orange Blossom, Iris and a little spice, smells very natural.
    Artisan by Varvatos... Orange Blossom with a musky base and a hint of woods.

Sweet Redemption By Kilian - Orange blossom and then more orange blossom and vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    Sweet Redemption By Kilian - Orange blossom and then more orange blossom and vanilla
    +1, got this last week!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I smelled a unisex orange blossom scent at Anthropologie today (2 oz. edp for $38):
    Grove New York "Signature" Orange Flower & Bay Rum:
    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/...pe=subCategory

The orange blossom predominates; if there is bay rum in it I did not recognize it.

They have a "Luxe" scent called Neroli & Sandalwood (same link; click on the purple square) -- this is light on the sandalwood, and overall this scent has much less sillage than the other one. Something about this one reminds me of Tea for Two-- maybe the tea/ginger?

I have one sprayed on each arm. I sprayed them about 2 hours ago and the orange flower/bay rum one is quite a bit more long lasting than the neroli/sandalwood.

Actually I think I will try layering the two next time. Individually they seemed a bit unfinished, though pleasant.

Edit: I tried them layered and did not like the combination at all. I won't be buying either of these.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 10th March 2012 at 10:08 PM.

And addition to my list:

By Kilian Sweet Redemption, an orange with incense!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Dependent

Orange Star by Andy Tauer

I have Henri Bendel's Orange Flower and it's very fresh and true to the note- perfect for Spring and Summer days- I detect a dash of tuberose in the middle but it's not overwhelmingly femme. I also have Atelier's Grand Neroli and it's a bit more unisex and a little green with the galbanum base perfect for any dry Neroli lover. Both are on the softer end of the sillage spectrum compared to Tom Ford's Portofino Neroli, for example.
    As for me, in every step that I have taken in life, I have been accompanied by an exquisite perfume!”
    ― C. JoyBell C.

Neroli Neroli by L'Erbolario if you want o go cheap and nice
    TF Neroli Portofino if you want to splurge
    own them both I would go for the first 1/10 of the TF price
    ...on the back of the fishtruck that loads while my conscience explodes....

Santa Maria Novella's Zagara is very realistic. It's probably not worth the money for most people, but I love how it has the whole character of neroli captured: overall it's very refreshing, but it has that honeyed sweetness of neroli and also that slightly metallic (for thye lack of better word) accord.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    My favorite is still Cologne Sologne, by Parfums de Nicolai
    Absolutely!! 40 euro for 250 ml splash!! Love it but only in the hot days!! IMO the best Neroli oil out there and better than Tom Ford Neroli that is very expensive

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post
    Orange Star by Andy Tauer
    +1 -- Mindblowingly good. I also have a soft spot for the underrated Dilmun by Villoresi.

duplication

Blog Entries

Jo Malone Orange Blossom. There is nothing standing in the way of this bright, clean, single flower orange blossom, except for bees and nostalgia. If you avoid those two things, this one is uncompromising art: a lie of a flower which reveals the truth.
    "When the milk,
    tasted like perfume,
    you had been drinking from the carton,
    and I knew."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The Jo Malone is pretty realistic IMO.
    +1!
    "When the milk,
    tasted like perfume,
    you had been drinking from the carton,
    and I knew."

So, I'm reviving an older thread in search of my hunt for orange blossom and neroli. I recently bought Fleur de Male, but I am not fully satisfied with the base and it's powder overload. I think what I want is a raw, indolic note that isn't too clouded with other notes. I've compiled a list of some fragrances mentioned in this thread, and I'm also open to new suggestions. Also, I wear some scents that are borderline feminine like Nuit de Tubereuse and Premier Figuier, so I'm not afraid to cross the centerline a bit, but nothing too far.

I've tried:

Neroli Portofino - I love this one, like 4711 on steroids, but it isn't solely about neroli (which I'm looking for). Also, the price is a little off putting. Regardless, I will probably end up buying this one day.

APOM pH - This one puts orange blossom in the background to me, I'm not getting it as a dominant note. The amber composition dominates, and I see Kurkdjian's signature all over this

Atelier Grand Neroli - This one is quite good. Opens with a more direct citrus zest burst, but the neroli comes out in the heart. This is a second alternative to NP so far.

Diptyque – L’eau Neroli - This isn't half bad, but smells a little bit like lifesavers candy to me. Too sweet and cute.

Ones to test (feel free to comment on the dominance of orange blossom/neroli in these):

MPG - Eau Pour Un Jeune Homme
    Czech & Speake - Neroli
    Jo Malone - Orange Blossom
    Serge Lutens - Fleur D’Oranger
    L'Erbolario - Neroli
    Xerjoff - Kobe
    Mazzolari - Fleur D’Oranger
    Parfums de Nicolai - Cologne Sologne
    John Varvatos - Artisan
    Last edited by runstile; 7th August 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Look for Neroli Special Reserve by a private perfumery based in Scotland known as Castle Forbes. Very luxurious indeed.

Alternatively, my other recommendation would be the Czech and Speake of the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Look for Neroli Special Reserve by a private perfumery based in Scotland known as Castle Forbes. Very luxurious indeed.

Alternatively, my other recommendation would be the Czech and Speake of the same name.
    Thank you, I will have to look into those! I'm probably going to get some decants of a few on my list.

I was doing a search on eBay yesterday and this came up, I've never seen this label on any SL bell jar before. It looks like it might be the first design for the line!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLEURS-D-ORA...3D111375053748

Maybe worth a blind buy?

Plenty of good suggestions from a few years ago - the one I would add is Seville a l'Aube from L'Artisan, 2013.

Villoresi's Acqua di Colonia is still a personal favourite for me, too.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov