Code of Conduct

Thread: MR Questions

Default MR Questions

Right I've just made my first step into the niche world by ordering some Musc Ravageur samples. I was wondering if this would be a good clubbing/bar scent for a 20yr old? Also are the samples representative of the actual bottle in terms of scent strength, sillage and longevity?

Default Re: MR Questions

Yes, it's a great club frag.
    Regarding the samples, normally it is but you might get some slight differences or even - worst case - an off one.
    Smellin good

Im waiting for Jonny to chime in on this one.

MR is a perfect for club wear especially at your age. I wouldnt worry much about its strength lol. When MR dries down its one of my favorites. Its the clove that I cannot stand.

Yes. As for samples, I don't buy samples so I can't help you with that.

Im going to go against what people are saying on this one.

Obviously it wouldnt be BAD for a club because it simply smells good. When you think about it, any fragrance that simply smells good can be worn anytime, but IMO this is not best for a club.

To me, this is too classy, elegant, and romantic for a place like a club. Now if it was a classy lounge, then hell yes. But a club? To be completely honest it depends what the club is like.

To me, Musc Ravageur is more for a romantic evening out with someone special.

I think it's a great "going out" scent - probably my favorite. I disagree with Johnny to a degree. I think it's a little brash and loud for a romantic, getting close scent. I prefer something a little more subtle in those occasions. But as for drawing the attention of women in a setting like that, I think you could do far worse than MR

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    I think it's a great "going out" scent - probably my favorite. I disagree with Johnny to a degree. I think it's a little brash and loud for a romantic, getting close scent. I prefer something a little more subtle in those occasions. But as for drawing the attention of women in a setting like that, I think you could do far worse than MR
    +1.

Sur la Plage

I personally do not consider it a clubbing/bar scent.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's more of a book club scent.

it is a sexy scent, period

I'm 19, and after ordering a sample or MR went straight for a 130 bottle - It's drydown is amazing. I was, at first, put off by the clove scent. This however eases away and leaves one of the sexiest frangrances I've come across.

As for its suitability for the clubbing scene, I'd say it's in the grey area. I wear it to some venues, but wouldn't dream of wearing it in others. The type of club you're likely to be ridiculously drunk, busting some horrendous shapes and pleaseantly forgetting the experience in the morning isn't where MR should be found. In the more intimate club scene, with a live DJ set and a high chance of rubbing up against the ladies, MR will be your wingman.

The samples I received from lessenteurs smelled - from memory - slightly more, musky on dry down than the bottle I received from liberty.co.uk. However the basic composition was the same.

If you're not already ordering from either of these retailers, I can vouch for their reliability. I prefer lessenteurs for their dispatch time and small business scaled feel: Hand written notes haven't been uncommon with my order. Liberty.co.uk package their goods beautifully in their branded boxing and wrapping. However I always seem to be waiting a little too long than I'd like for my goods to arrive considering you pay nearly 6 delivery.
    Last edited by sjd.; 22nd January 2011 at 09:31 PM.

Its quite expensive to be waste in a club.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    IMO this is not best for a club.

To me, this is too classy, elegant, and romantic for a place like a club. Now if it was a classy lounge, then hell yes. But a club? To be completely honest it depends what the club is like.

To me, Musc Ravageur is more for a romantic evening out with someone special.
    Agreed 100%. Have fun with the samples and definitely try it out in the club, but I think you'll find frags with greater 'energy' behind them better for clubbing. Screamers like A*MEN or Le Male tend to fare better in the club situation.