Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finally put Cool Water and GIT side by side today.

Today, I finally had the chance to test both of them out side by side.

Cool Water was the clear winner, by far.

-Smells better (I took some fly honeys with me and they be like 'Damn this just makes me want to jump on you'. They said the Cool Water smelled sexier, while the the GIT smelled much more boring.)
    -Better projection
    -Better longevity (The Cool Water is still going strong, I only get a faint wiff of the GIT.)
    -10x cheaper

Another nail in the Creed coffin.

Default Re: Finally put Cool Water and GIT side by side today.

Whatever it takes to convince yourself a $20 fragrance somehow is superior to a $150+ one...

Putting "fly honeys" in a post instantly invalidates your opinion in my mind.

And upon reading your username I feel you are trolling.

Yeah. Thats the reason to Creed discontinue Green Irish Tweed, cause theyre getting hard to seel since Cool Water is far superior and....

OH, WAIT...

Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    That's what I thought.

Well, we are talking about Creed here....

'And upon reading your username I feel you are trolling. '

I don't troll, I just thought it would be an amusing username.

'Yeah. Thats the reason to Creed discontinue Green Irish Tweed, cause theyre getting hard to seel since Cool Water is far superior and....

OH, WAIT... '

GIT will continue to reel in money because of the exhorbitant price tag, little more.

I know you guys have to try to rationalize GIT... but we're talking 6 girls, double blind, here.
    Unanimous awnser.

There is something about these two that makes me want to run. It a particular note that just makes me turn green. Having said that I can say that Cool Water is not as nice as Creed GIT. It is what it is and that is a cheap substitute for the real thing. Creed GIT is the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by That_Douchebag View Post
    I know you guys have to try to rationalize GIT... but we're talking 6 girls, double blind, here.
    Unanimous awnser.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I prefer the ladies that can tell Creed from Davidoff...I am just saying...

Putting "fly honeys" in a post instantly invalidates your opinion in my mind.
    Hilarious. I laughed sitting in my room all by myself.

And IMHO GIT is miles better than CW.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Unanimous awnser.
    Overwhelming poll results like this give me no recourse but to change my mind. Five maybe and I would have some doubt. But six..

Cool Water! "Better than it has to be".

....wait. That's Amalie Motor Oil.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by kbe; 17th January 2011 at 01:40 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Cool Water is a masterpiece, and a landmark in perfumery, whether one likes it or not. GIT may have come first, but which one of the two fragrances is more influential?

CW may be cheap, but I find Creed to be tacky, dare I even say, "ghetto."

I personally prefer Cool Water to GIT. However it may be for sentimental reasons. I'm sure if I were to try them both now for a first time I'd prefer GIT.

Cool Water would be a very nice fragrance if I could get it to last.....This is gone on my skin in an hour.....A complete waste of money for me.....I'll take GIT any day of the week!!!
    Also.....Chez Bond by Bond No.9 blows both of these out of the water in my opinion.....So here I go.....
    1. Chez Bond
    2. GIT
    3. Cool Water
    Gary

Well, I see that Davidoff has decided to take the viral marketing approach...

-Smells better (I took some fly honeys with me and they be like 'Damn this just makes me want to jump on you'.
    Playas gotta play. Play on, playa. You probably already got so much game. Swagga.
    Last edited by adonis; 17th January 2011 at 02:42 AM.

How long did you wait to ask them? GIT doesn't have that great of an opening IMO. I love the drydown. Cool Water's drydown is nowhere near as good. Sillage, longevity and smell wise. GIT smells deliciously natural green, violet. Whereas CW just gets soapy. You can't compare them at this point, regardless of what women think of the two. Unless that's all your after. I have both. I gave the remainder of my CW bottle to my girlfriend to keep in our box of past gifts, pictures, ect for memories... I used to rock CW in high school almost exclusively, so I'm more than familiar with it.

Lol. I personally wasn't terribly impressed with GIT, but I have only tested it once. Still, I'm going to question the design of this "study". Were the girls blind to each other's responses? Conformity is a pretty strong social phenomenon. Just saying.

Jesus. I'm afraid this was the very last one. Poor Creed.

Given that I haven't smelled either in quite some time because I don't really like either of them. GIT is clearly the more complex of the two. CW is brighter and more airy. Both are quite harshly synthetic though GIT contains at least a symbolic quantity of natural ambergris. Perhaps Creed is not as fancy as it claims nor is Davidoff as atrocious as we all thought?

I disagree Douchebag. GIT for me.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Personally, I like GIT better, but I can see where you and the fly honies are coming from - Cool Water is too similar to justify paying like 5x as much for GIT in my mind.

Well, I once had a girl sitting at my bar who told me point blank that she liked my cologne and ten minutes later she told me she wanted to bl*w me. I was wearing Green Irish Tweed. You better run and tell that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolizei View Post
    Well, I see that Davidoff has decided to take the viral marketing approach...
    LOL - Heck, any more, I can't tell who the hell anybody around here really is when they have less than a thousand posts. And there are probably a few ringers up in the 4 digits, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    *screaming with laughter*

The verbal karma on that one deserves to live forever in the vaults of Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Well, I once had a girl sitting at my bar who told me point blank that she liked my cologne and ten minutes later she told me she wanted to bl*w me. I was wearing Green Irish Tweed. You better run and tell that.
    she liked the drydown i guess

They're both fine scents, but I prefer GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Cool Water would be a very nice fragrance if I could get it to last.....This is gone on my skin in an hour.....A complete waste of money for me.....I'll take GIT any day of the week!!!
    Also.....Chez Bond by Bond No.9 blows both of these out of the water in my opinion.....So here I go.....
    1. Chez Bond
    2. GIT
    3. Cool Water
    Gary
    Glad to see someone ranking Chez Bond the best out of 3.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

DeepSilence

I don't like both, but i prefer CW too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    +1

Probably the coolest post ever.

LMAO

Another +1 to G.303 for putting Chez Bond above both ;-)
    Last edited by jathanas; 17th January 2011 at 09:07 AM.

Although I have to admit there is a problem with Creed Consistency, GIT is what CW tries to be.

some women may like it because its simpler, that's fine

my sisters preferred Swiss Army edt over M7 (which they thought was disgusting)

go figure
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    1. Chez Bond
    2. GIT
    3. Cool Water
    Gary
    +1. I am also a Bond fan =]

Bah, what Luca Turin said...

-Smells better (I took some fly honeys with me and they be like 'Damn this just makes me want to jump on you'. They said the Cool Water smelled sexier, while the the GIT smelled much more boring.)
    -Better projection
    -Better longevity (The Cool Water is still going strong, I only get a faint wiff of the GIT.)
    -10x cheaper

...and Creed be like, 'Damn, Douchebag and his fly honeys be thinkin we ain't a'ight. That's another nail in our coffin, bitches!'
    Last edited by MikeNY; 17th January 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Whatever it takes to convince yourself a $20 fragrance somehow is superior to a $150+ one...
    ...since clearly the 150 $ one MUST be superior due to its pricetag.

Right?

Come off it!

I also like CW better but this topic has proven to be a great start for uncalled for and disproportinated arguments. Heated arguments that is.
    Let the discussion die I say, although it looks like I couldnt make a start by restraining myself not to reply.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Overwhelming poll results like this give me no recourse but to change my mind. Five maybe and I would have some doubt. But six..

Cool Water! "Better than it has to be".

....wait. That's Amalie Motor Oil.

Nevermind.
    WOW, 6???
    Now i changed my tastes. Cool Water For the Win.

im not sure what trolling means, but i think this kid is just looking to stir up drama. is that trolling? isnt it cool how macho people are behind their computers, safe in the knowledge that they are worlds away from those they start trouble with? and the name- douchebag- it seems a dead giveaway...of course hes just screwing around, being a jerk. funny thing, though... you can ping an ip address and get an actual location. that is usually enough to shut down a bored teenager. just for the record- i, too, have compaired them side by side. GIT beats cw hands down. no discussion, its a better product.

Mods, maybe close this?
    Smellin good

I am not trying to upset anyone or stir trouble.
    Please don't be upset because women prefer the one you don't like, it's not my intent to agitate anyone.

I haven't had the chance to try GIT myself so I can't comment whether it's good or not but it's not the first time Cool Water and GIT get compared side by side with the result that women prefer Cool Water.
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I had them side by side...one smellled shitty and the other shittier.

-Better projection
    -10x cheaper

You are correct, Cool Water has,
    Better Projection,
    Better Longevity,
    and is 10X cheaper,
    and women probably do like it more.

Unfortunately, what it does not have is the richness and complexity that GIT has.

Also, one has to remember that in many professions and occupations, the last thing you want is to be wearing a scent that engenders thoughts in female staff and female clients of them wanting to jump all over you. You'll never have that problem wearing GIT. Instead, it may evoke the desirable sense of sophisticated and refined detachment.
    Regards,
    Renato

Blog Entries

Can I say they both stink equally? They both stink equally. Creed will not have my allegiance until they do gourmands or thick orientals. No one say JOOP! Original Santal.

As for Davidoff? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    ...since clearly the 150 $ one MUST be superior due to its pricetag.

Right?
    Not necessarily. But in this case, yes. The majority of people who have compared them say GIT has a better drydown, lasts longer and projects nice (the aforementioned vary person to person, but I argue that GIT lasts longer and stronger than Cool Water). Never the less, GIT is the more carefully made of the two, being a Millesime. And that is superiority in my eyes. Whether Honeys like it or not, is not superiority in a fragrance world, IMO, and true basenoters/hobbyist would attest to that.

If you are familiar with past GIT vs CW threads or similar ones, people go out on all limbs to make BS arguments seeming to try to prove the affordable fragrance is superior to the expensive one, usually for one or more of these:

1. Justify what they can only afford (the more affordable one)
    2. Go against the grain just to be a rebel/different/stand out/troll
    3. Say women prefer X, believing this makes their argument more valid somehow.
    4. Create a personal crusade against a fragrance House

With that being said, I will give Cool Water another shot in a department store. Reformulations, newer juice, ect... since my bottle is from 2006!
    Last edited by G Man; 17th January 2011 at 07:25 PM.

As a "newbie," many frags that I now recognize as very natural smelling I found overbearing. I can now appreciate powerful natural notes, though I don't like them all (I still prefer Score for Men, a $2 frag, to GIT, for example, but I know that GIT was more costly to make and smells more natural).

Both CW and GIT smell so synthetic that they are extremely difficult to wear. This genre does nothing positive for me.

I've been all wrong. Fly honeys prefer CW. What have I been thinking all these years...

Creed is finished for sure now. Thank you ever so much for enlightening me Douchebag.

Ooooo fly honey's , sup homey yo badass mofo

cmon guys ..give Douchebag a break hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Ooooo fly honey's , sup homey yo badass mofo

Funny you'd post a Snoop video;

'And for all the bitches I might take home
    I got that johnson baby powder and cool water cologne' - Snoop Dogg (Lodi Dodi)

(I'm sure he's rationalizing not being able to afford GIT )

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Not necessarily. But in this case, yes. The majority of people who have compared them say GIT has a better drydown, lasts longer and projects nice (the aforementioned vary person to person, but I argue that GIT lasts longer and stronger than Cool Water). Never the less, GIT is the more carefully made of the two, being a Millesime. And that is superiority in my eyes. Whether Honeys like it or not, is not superiority in a fragrance world, IMO, and true basenoters/hobbyist would attest to that.

If you are familiar with past GIT vs CW threads or similar ones, people go out on all limbs to make BS arguments seeming to try to prove the affordable fragrance is superior to the expensive one, usually for one or more of these:

1. Justify what they can only afford (the more affordable one)
    2. Go against the grain just to be a rebel/different/stand out/troll
    3. Say women prefer X, believing this makes their argument more valid somehow.
    4. Create a personal crusade against a fragrance House

With that being said, I will give Cool Water another shot in a department store. Reformulations, newer juice, ect... since my bottle is from 2006!

Sorry, I have to jump on this again.
    I didnt bother going through every simply comparison thread of the two counting the people being CW or GIT fans, I simply speak from my own point of view (and i e on me GIT neither has the better drydown, nor does it last longer nor project better) and I disagree with a lot of opinions, which is fine with me since one cant argue tastes,

but I heavily dislike generalisations.

Hoe do you know GIT is more carefully produced? Because it's a Millesime? How is that a reason? I do not by any means belive that Creed should be granted any benefit of the doubt simply because they have a reputation and give their frags fancy names.

And it irks me how you generally dismiss all arguments in favour of CW.

1. If I thought GIT was worth the money I would get it, despite the pricetag.
    2. Too often have I profited by other BNs inspiring recommendation to be arrogant enough trying to stand out, not to mention troll.
    3. I do not judge a fragrance by female preferences, especially since I hardly think that these are ever unbiased (unaffected by my mood, clothing, appearance etc). Plus I do not want to validate a fragrance I like less than another only to somewhat prove my expectations right.
    4. There are Creeds that do earn my respect and are on the considered-for-purchase list. GIT is simply not one of them.

Same here though, I will revisit GIT, maybe get a different sample just for the heck of it and to be sure.

Enough beans counted, you go enjoy your GIT, I do enjoy my CW and thats that.

Have a great day everyone.

EDIT : I just saw you owned CW and gave it 4/5 stars. Algood then, you cant be fairer than that
    Smellin good

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I have to agree with a few things timaru said and that Douchebag said.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Why yall be giving dat douchebag a hard time lol. Honestly I have owned GIT and I can't tell them apart. I traded that mess away after 30min it was gone, not worth the price tag to me. But to each own

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

-Better projection
    -10x cheaper

lol bro
    Co-Founder
    VIP Fan Connect
    http://vipfanconnect.com

Follow me on Twitter to get my scent of the day and to find out which of my celebrity clients are wearing your favorite fragrances. http://twitter.com/THEjoeyrocco

'And upon reading your username I feel you are trolling. '

I don't troll, I just thought it would be an amusing username.

'Yeah. Thats the reason to Creed discontinue Green Irish Tweed, cause theyre getting hard to seel since Cool Water is far superior and....

OH, WAIT... '

GIT will continue to reel in money because of the exhorbitant price tag, little more.

Unanimous awnser.
    And allow me to submit my own experiment. I had a group of 5 playboy models, 6 female doctors, and 1 playboy model with a Phd. Double blind they chose GIT and said Cool Water smelled like a synthetic knockoff. Looks like we have conflicting results here Mr. Douche....
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

This has got to be a joke, GIT is the better fragrance by far. CW comes off very very synthetic, I can't stand the stuff. This is coming from someone who use to wear CW all the time in high school. CW does pwn in projection and longevity though. From the above comments, I'm curious how Chez Bond smells.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

GIT anyday. That said, Jacomo de Jacomo Deep Blue = Cool Water polished up.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

its pretty obvious that if they were both the same price, GIT is the clear winner and its not even remotely close. But since there not the same price, not even close, you have to ask yourself "is the difference worth about 300 dollars?"

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    its pretty obvious that if they were both the same price, GIT is the clear winner and its not even remotely close. But since there not the same price, not even close, you have to ask yourself "is the difference worth about 300 dollars?"
    With due respect: I haven't read here the question if GIT is economically a better choice. Fly honeys dig CW, which is better, coffin nailed There are some, like me who argue this, that's all.

And since when do you have to pay 300$ (plus the price of CW) for GIT?