Code of Conduct

Angry Ultra Fragrance.com: Sold me a fake fragrance - Versace Bright Crystal

This is my 2nd post and I'm guessing that I'm the only one that this has happened to, but I'm hoping to share and save someone from buying a fake fragrance from Ultra Fragrance.com. I had a total of (2) purchases. My 1st purchase was: Lancome's Oui and Shiseido's Gold Zen. Neither fragrance smelled the same on me as I'd smelled them both on me before.

I've bought many a bottle of Lancome's Oui, but that would have been my 1st bottle of Gold Zen. Both fragrances fell flat and the smell was non-existent after 30 minutes. To top it off, the bottle of Gold Zen was a perfume. There is no way that a perfume would not have any fragrance after 30 minutes, which lead me to believe that both of these fragrances were not authentic. I paid to send these fragrances back and then Ultra Fragrance.com also billed for their shipping/re-selling fee.

I ended up placing a 2nd order thinking that I'd be able to use the 1st return as my credit for this 2nd order. It didn't work out that way, but cest la vie. I ordered Dolce Gabanna's Light Blue and Versace's Bright Crystal. I know that the Versace's Bright Crystal is not authentic, I bought a bottle from Sephora to test against this one. The one from Ultra Fragrance.com does not last after 30 minutes. The same fragrance that I bought from Sephora lasts for hours (even though the scent is fainter, it's still there).

How is it that the same (alleged) fragrance - bottle is identical, the color of the fragrance is the same, but it's definitely not the same. Ultra Fragrance.com needs to disclose if they're selling knock off fragrances, because this is misleading. I'd rather stick to paying more and know that I'm getting the authentic fragrance, instead of saving some money and it being a waste. There is no way that any of the fragrances that I purchased from Ultra Fragrance.com are authentic.

I've emailed my issues directly Ultra Fragrance.com and they have never replied back, which further leads me to believe that they're selling knockoff fragrances and passing them off as authentic. I will never buy anything from that company again, because I choose not to waste my money on a knockoff fragrance. I hope that anyone who is looking to buy and save some money will take that into consideration and do your research before you do business with that company.

Default Re: Ultra Fragrance.com: Sold me a fake fragrance - Versace Bright Crystal

Fragrance_Junkie,
    Welcome to Basenotes. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience but just know that you're not the only person this has happened to. It's important that you're reporting it here though.
    I'm a little surprised that you continued to do business with them after the problem with the first batch and with no resolution. IMHO, the titles you're mentioning are probably not fake (just not that popular and worthwhile for fakers--except Light Blue) but perhaps contain damaged juice due to improper storage issues. Other businesses have been reported on BN with similar problems (non-responsiveness, etc). If you can find out who is running the company/web site, you might want to report them to the Better Business Bureau and any other relevant agency.

I recommend you do a bit of research here and find better e-tailers for your purchases. There are some reliable and trustworthy ones available. Meanwhile, enjoy your visits here. It's a great place for us "fragrance junkies!"

Default Re: Ultra Fragrance.com: Sold me a fake fragrance - Versace Bright Crystal

Thanks for replying. The only reason I did business with them again, was because: 1) I didn't want to think the fragrances were not authentic, and, 2) I thought I'd be able to use my money from the 1st purchase. I thought (hoped) I was getting authentic fragrances, but that wasn't the case. 3) I thought I could save some money and still get some of my favorite fragrances or a new fragrance.

I definitely think the fragrances were fake. In the chance that that any of the fragrances could have been old, I don't think it would have been likely, because that would mean all four of the fragrances would have been old, but you could be right. I just tend to think the fragrances were not authentic.

Thanks for the information you posted. I agree that this forum is very useful and read reviews on old and new fragrances. Us fragrance junkies need to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Fragrance_Junkie,
    Welcome to Basenotes. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience but just know that you're not the only person this has happened to. It's important that you're reporting it here though.
    I'm a little surprised that you continued to do business with them after the problem with the first batch and with no resolution. IMHO, the titles you're mentioning are probably not fake (just not that popular and worthwhile for fakers--except Light Blue) but perhaps contain damaged juice due to improper storage issues. Other businesses have been reported on BN with similar problems (non-responsiveness, etc). If you can find out who is running the company/web site, you might want to report them to the Better Business Bureau and any other relevant agency.

I recommend you do a bit of research here and find better e-tailers for your purchases. There are some reliable and trustworthy ones available. Meanwhile, enjoy your visits here. It's a great place for us "fragrance junkies!"

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

Fake...how? Like watered-down? Or complete knock-offs?
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Dosen't really matter, RiveGaucheInstead she posted with conviction, I'd avoid like the plague. I tend to think it's spoiled goods like the other fellow. Look to beautyencounter for your bottle of bright crystal at least they bother to reply in day or two if they even need too.

Good Luck with your next purchase though!

Hopefully you can get your money back.