Code of Conduct

Exclamation A few problems with the new wardrobes

Hi Grant -

The wardrobes are awesome and I'm loving having the pictures back, as well as the sortability - thanks so much! But I've run across a few glitches. I tweaked a few ratings and made a few changes, but these changes aren't appearing, particularly in the main collection when sorted by name. I edited Cabochard, for instance, from a five-star rating to four, and I changed the longevity from four to five. I tried this on the individual fragrance page as well as the main wardroble page using the drop down menu at the bottom, but the changes didn't seem to take. But when I sort it according to house the changes are there.

Also, I moved some bottles around and now none of the 31 fragrances on my swap list are appearing in the main collection when sorted by name (although they are accounted for in the total number on the tab) but again, I can find them using a different sort, this time it's by ascending rating. There are also fragrances on my wish list that aren't showing up until you sort them differently. I have 8 fragrances on that list, but depending on what sort you choose only 6 or 7 might show up, although "8" is indicated on the tab itself.

I hope I've explained this clearly enough for you to get some idea of the problems - thanks for your attention!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 18th January 2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Default Re: A few problems with the new wardrobes

I selected Chanel Ego´ste from the BN fragrance directory as my SotD yesteday, using the "Post as Scent of the Day" button. That page does now say "Last worn: 17th Jan 2011" however my wardrobe still says last worn: 30th Nov 2010 and does not reflect yesterday's wear.

I add 3 perfumes yesterday to my wardrobe, but they dont show at Collection.

Hello

I know what's causing this, where I added the ability to sort yesterday I forgot to update the caching, so the changes are taking place its just showing old pages.

I'm out on my laptop at the moment, but will fix this when I get in tonight

cheers

Hello

The wardrobes are being updated, but since I added the sort feature yesterday, its mucked up the caching, so its showing old pages.

I'll get this fixed tonight

Sorry all

Whoops didnt think first one had posted

You make it sound like an easy fix - great! Thanks again!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Grant to the rescue, thanks!
    - Expect the unexpected

Blog Entries

I'm still having a problem today; l tried to move Beyond Paradise from my test list to my tried list, but it hasn't budged, & l'm unable to delete it using the tab at the bottom of the page. Otherwise all seems fine?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Still having some problems today. One frag deleted from the test list still shows up but when viewed from the Fragrance Directory, it does not show this frag in the To Test list.
    - Expect the unexpected

May have fixed this now, it it still an issue?

Blog Entries

Mine seems fine now, thanks Grant!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hi,

I too have a problem with my wardrobe. I started with about 67 fragrances, then deleted about 20 the other day. When I looked at the wardrobe again after deleting the 20, it showed I only had two fragrances! (It still lists 67 by the way.) I then clicked on the button to suggest a fragrance from my wardrobe and it gave me one that was no longer on the list, showing me that my collection is in there somewhere, just not listed where I can see it. I tried logging off and back on but it's still the same several days later. Any idea what's wrong or should I re-list everything (ugh)? Thanks for your help.

P.S. I just noticed that it added "Scent of Peace" to my wardrobe list when I posted it as my scent of the day (after it was "suggested" to me from my wardrobe). Interesting...

If it's recommending stuff, then they're probably still in there. I'll take a look when I'm in the office later. Cheers

I'm still having problems with the user added comments section of my wardrobe.

About 8 fragrances which I have manually listed aren't showing up at the bottom of the list. When I use the link to the old wardrobe settings, these fragrances are listed. I think you fixed this once, but it looks like when I added additional fragrances to the list it pushed some off the bottom of the page. If there is some sort of max number of lines allowed, you should make this much larger to account for large wardrobes like mine. I frequently add fragrances which aren't in the Directory.

I'd appreciate it if this could be fixed.

Thanks!

noggs