Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Pissed off at basenotes

whoopsie another rule breaker, infraction number 142.4 and counting. Post deleted
    Last edited by Guinea54; 20th January 2011 at 03:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This reminds me of when my friends and I would go and troll AOL public chatrooms back when AOL Instant Messenger was all the rage.

....And we were 14.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I have a bottle of Vintage guerlain vetiver. I am trying to find out more info about this bottle and how rare it is, I can't even find it on sale anywhere. Has this one been discontinued? I am not a huge fan of vetiver and would swap it with someone, but I am never allowed to post in the damn trade section. :-\ Anyone have any info about this particular fragrance?
    To my mind this appears to be an attempt to circumvent the forum's rules by offering a swap couched in a question. If you had already badgered the moderators to give you access to the swap forum & you were not permitted to post & subsequently posted the above I'd probably be heavy handed myself. BN offers a pathway to trading if you're unwilling or unable to wait a year or be a high-volume poster. If trading here is really important to you then pay the $60 & feel good about financially supporting a community that deserves it.

Post Thanks / Like

Heavens! Look what happens when I go to work for a few hours... When's the reunion show with Andy Cohen???

Post Thanks / Like

To think the original post started with regard to lack of attention. I hope they're satisfied. Furthermore, I hope they never become unemployed and apply to several hundred jobs only to never hear a word back. If this is how they're reacting over fragrances, I'd hate to see how they'd react over something that really mattered.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guinea54 View Post
    @SculptureOfSoul

YOu have to admit one thing though. They do a hell of a better, or more enthusiastic job of enforcing their rules than they do answering emails lol.
    I'm sick of seeing our mods mocked this way. Sick of it. You don't mod the mods. You're unhappy with the mods you go away.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

@dustb

Yeah heavens forbid!! I am a heretic, get the stake ready. Look I deleted all of my posts even my main post. U win, here make ur final statement since you need to get the last word in.

DustB's 10,526th post final statement X____________________________________________

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guinea54 View Post
    @dustb

Yeah heavens forbid!! I am a heretic, get the stake ready. Look I deleted all of my posts even my main post. U win, here make ur final statement since you need to get the last word in.

DustB's 10,526th post final statement X____________________________________________
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

The OP thought he was banned and came back under an alter ego to bash his moderation for violating the clearly stated marketplace rules. He was also warned about posting moderating grievances and yet did so. Others here joined in and also aired their moderating grievances. Time to lock this, while leaving it here for a short time before deleting it because it was started in violation of the rules.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    This reminds me of when my friends and I would go and troll AOL public chatrooms back when AOL Instant Messenger was all the rage.

....And we were 14.
    That was you kids? DAMN.

Seriously - I remember at the beginning of AOL (before privacy controls were invented) there was this one kid who just messaged me out of the blue (my user name at that time was just a full name). It started off essentially like this.....

hey ____

hi

(pause)

is this ________ the quarterback at Porkbelly High School?

no. this is ________ the scientist at Megatron Industries.

(pause)

whatcha doin?

Sorry for posting, stuigi. Didn't see yours. -RP

Post Thanks / Like

Its amazing at how many obnoxious people don't appreciate the work the mods do here. Even guys with over 500 posts doing this ? C'mon. Show some appreciation.

You say that it's strict here ?! Here ? Heaven forbid there are some rules to keep a site in order.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !