View Poll Results: Creed Royal english leather vs Knize Ten

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Royal English Leather

20 54.05%
  • Knize Ten

17 45.95%

Default Creed Royal English Leather vs Knize Ten

I own Knize Ten, and I think it`s a great classic! It`s one of the most unique fragrances in my collection. I have not yet tried REL, but I`ve read that it`s often compared to Knitz Ten (but sweeter?) Which one do you prefer, and which one do you think is the most masculine?

AromiErotici

Default Re: Creed Royal English Leather vs Knize Ten

I've worn both and the Creed is one excellent leather rendition. For me, there's no contest.

Sur la Plage

I don't like Knize Ten. So Creed REL by default.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I am currently wearing Elsha 1776 Russian Leather.

I'm told it's similar to REL, but I have never smelled REL to confirm.

Get right out of town, K10! K10! K10!!!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Ok.. So you change then? I read a comment you wrote in a similar post from 19/1-10, that you prefered the Knize Ten.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Ok.. So you change then? I read a comment you wrote in a similar post from 19/1-10, that you prefered the Knize Ten.
    I did change. I re-tested it and then ended up swapping my bottle away.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Moneysuckle View Post
    I am currently wearing Elsha 1776 Russian Leather.

I'm told it's similar to REL, but I have never smelled REL to confirm.
    I just reviewed Elsha 1776 a few days ago. I like it and gave it the thumbs up. It isn't like the Creed however.

I think both Knize Ten and REL are terrible fragrances, but I guess I'd say REL is slightly less terrible because it doesn't have that moth-balls-and-gasoline smell that Knize Ten has.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

AromiErotici

I'm not a Creed fan or hater. I try anything and everything. REL was hands down the best Creed I have tried so far and there have a few I thought were pretty good.

Being today as my first real wear of K 10 I would say that if I had a "high n tight" I might choose K 10. Unfortunately I dont so I choose REL.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Being today as my first real wear of K 10 I would say that if I had a "high n tight" I might choose K 10. Unfortunately I dont so I choose REL.
    I haven't heard that reference since I was in the Corps.

I prefer REL.

But I would have to say that K10 is more masculine.

I have not yet tried REL, but I`ve read that it`s often compared to Knitz Ten (but sweeter?) Which one do you prefer, and which one do you think is the most masculine?
    Of the two, REL's quality is more obvious from the start, but I didn't find it compelling enough to go further than seeing how it develops on a test strip. To that extent, it did smell a bit sweeter than K10, or at least I thought I smelled more of a thicker amber in it. Knize Ten, on the other hand, grabbed my attention from the opening - and not just because I've spit-shined a pair or two of low quarters in my time. It simply works very well for me, for a good long time.

I voted for REL.
    My favorite leather though is Cuir Mauresque, which is similar to REL.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Blog Entries

I do not like Royal English Leather so, I voted for Knize 10.

For me it's like who's your favorite child? I like them both.

I tend to think they are somewhat similar, but different enough to justify owning both. Both are pretty old school.

I guess if I had to, I'd lean towards REL for being a higher quality scent overall- a bit less rough around the edges.

Personally I found Knize 10 more "old-fashioned" than "classic", certainly masculine but it just seemed dated and not the most modern fragrance. Not saying that is totally bad, just not what I like. Is REL of the same vibe?

FWIW, I really liked Derby, if that is any kind of reference point.

I'm the opposite of you, I haven't tried Knize Ten, but expect to do so in the next few months. I love Creed REL though. It is an outright sillage and longevity beast on me and the kind of manly leather scent that appeals to me. Mind you it's not a fragrance I'd want to wear day in and day out, but it's great to have on hand to wear a few times a month--especially during the winter.

Martin

I own Knize Ten, and I think it`s a great classic! It`s one of the most unique fragrances in my collection. I have not yet tried REL, but I`ve read that it`s often compared to Knitz Ten (but sweeter?) Which one do you prefer, and which one do you think is the most masculine?

Creed Royal English Leather

I own REL, but I hardly ever reach for a leather scent. K10 was not to my taste. Interesting, but very much not anything I'd like to smell like.

While both are good I must lean toward REL. To me it is a truer leather scent, sharp and at times harsh. It brings back vivid memories of a time when I frequented a stable full of horses and sweaty tack. I do find K10 to wear easier though.

I guess, I would go for both, since both have a highly classical, profoundly formal, overtly Old World charm and are uncompromisingly masculine

But I would go for Creed REL if I would prefer more of a tangerine note and something more specifically "British" (a certain boozy yet also warming, plum pudding, sherry casket-like spiciness) and Knize Ten if I would choose something even more leathery, edgy, almost equestrian and/or extravagantly dandified scent

GO TEAM KNIZE!!!

How do you choose? One day I prefer REL and the next 10. Do you like the Camaro or the Mustang. They are both great.

I tested REL today (from a sample), and I have very difficult to distinguish REL and Knize ten. Definitively not necessary to own both. They are very similar..

Strange. I dont feel these as alike at all.

REL is a soft floral ambery leather / tannery concoction with a old-school vibe.

As for K10, my preference is the Gold Edition - the same recipe in reverse - with less fro-fru powdery sweetness up front, more leather from the git-go, and a greater longevity all together with the powdery orange appearing later. By either formulation, K10 is a stronger, more complex, petroleum-nuanced leather. Biker Chic, all the way.

Own them both (or all three, with the GOLD K10). Prefer the more modern and youthful brightness and blending of K10 hands down, but I admire the warm coziness of REL. REL does smell more like real leather in the end. Knize10 is not all about the leather.

Again, very different. I would never confuse the two.

(Edit - Just read that REL is being discontinued in 2012. Fine by me as my bottle will last forever as I dont wear this out much. But if you are interested or love the stuff - act now.)
    Last edited by FumeHood; 28th January 2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII Puredistance M, Black Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange Knize Ten Golden L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! TF Noir de Noir Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin Nicoli NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial Chanel Sycomore Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete MFK Oud Cashmere Mood Ormonde Jayne Man

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Agree, except that I would be more positive about REL.