Code of Conduct

Default Figs: I really like Philosykos, but it's $$$ for such a short-lived, linear scent. Any other recs?

I'm looking for a fig "soliflore".

Thanks a lot everyone.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Figs: I really like Philosykos, but it's $$$ for such a short-lived, linear scent. Any other rec

1. Pacifica Mediterranean Fig-- extremely affordable ($22/1 oz) Here is the line: http://www.pacificaperfume.com/fragr...iterranean-fig
    Sold at Whole Foods, Sephora, and other places.

2. Benefit Lookin' To Rock Rita-- 1 oz. $36, see Sephora (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P264903), Amazon etc.

The above 2 will not be longer-lived than Philosykos but they are figs and are cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Figs: I really like Philosykos, but it's $$$ for such a short-lived, linear scent. Any other rec

it's not a soliflore, but a very good, cheap fig scent:
    molinard fleur de figuier

Saripatataes, I've read about the Molinard, what else is in it?

And thank you 30 roses, I've never heard of those two.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, there is also Demeter Fig Leaf: http://www.demeterfragrance.com/Prod...?ProductID=860

Post Thanks / Like

sweet galbanum and cedar mostly.
    I just remembered that l'occitane has a fig candle and room spray. you could use the spray as a fragrance I suppose. it's a pretty astringent and milky fig leaf, and not much else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Miller Harris Figue Amere is pretty similar, and lats much longer than Philosykos.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Post Thanks / Like

i've got a big ol' bottle I'm happy to swap you a decant from if you're interested. send me a PM if you want.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 20th January 2011 at 04:11 PM.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to tell you, but I've tried just about all of them that are 'fig' related, and Diptyque got it right, and that's the one I ended up buying.

Yeah it fades, but just spray some into a little mini-spritzer and take it with you for a refresh. This is an awesome warm weather dance club fragrance, the chicks just love the sweetness.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    Hate to tell you, but I've tried just about all of them that are 'fig' related, and Diptyque got it right, and that's the one I ended up buying.

Yeah it fades, but just spray some into a little mini-spritzer and take it with you for a refresh. This is an awesome warm weather dance club fragrance, the chicks just love the sweetness.
    Never tried either but:

- heard the same thing from multiple people about Diptyque i.e. it's the best fig going....that said, if it's not working for you, one to try might be
    - Nez y Nez Figues y Garcons (sp?) - I just read some fairly favorable reviews about it and it stuck in my mind. Good luck!

EDIT:
    Hey two others to consider -

Dior Dune pour Homme
    L'Artisan Preimer Figuier
    Last edited by Force of One; 20th January 2011 at 05:44 AM.

You might also want to try out Michael Storer's Kadota. I have a sample but haven't given it a full wearing yet. I'm not big on figs, personally, but I know a number of other fig fans who have loved this one.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

+ 1 on Kadota
    & try Salvatore Ferragamo Ph & Goodlife by Davidoff

Post Thanks / Like

But which is the best of them all? i.e most fig less other scents.

Ive smelt the one from L'artisan and Dyptique. Created by the same perfumer I think.

I prefer the Dyptique, its very fig'gy. perhaps because of the fig leaves note.

Post Thanks / Like

Molinard Fleurs de Fig

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Philosykos, but Marc Jacobs is a creditable fig fragrance.
    Pemier Figuere is well respected, but more expensive than Philosykos.

I'd probably just get the Dyptique.

Quite impressed with Heeley's Figuier.... I'm still trying to decide between that and Philosykos.

It's worth a sample at the very least.

L'Artisan Preimer Figuier

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    You might also want to try out Michael Storer's Kadota. I have a sample but haven't given it a full wearing yet. I'm not big on figs, personally, but I know a number of other fig fans who have loved this one.
    This one.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Get Marc Jacobs for men at TJ Maxx right now. $19.99 for a 1 OZ spray. Mine had it yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Dimitrios about Salvatore Ferragamo PH. It's a very nice woods and fig blend and can be had inexpensively online. Cool battle, too.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I interpreted the OP as wanting an inexpensive fig, but if money is not an object, I recommend L'Artisan Premier Figuier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    & try Salvatore Ferragamo Ph & Goodlife by Davidoff
    +1 to that. Both last a lot longer than most niche fig leaf scents I've tested.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too familiar with the fig category, so I can't give you a new recommendation on top what already here.

Just wanted to point out that Philosykos might last longer than you think. By no means is it a "strong" scent, and it doesn't project much, but not many figs do, and I get a solid 6 hours out of it. The sheer-sweet drydown tends to make surprise appearances long after you think the scent is gone.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

AdP Fico di Amalfi is worth a shot for you, but I've tried most of what's been mentioned here and the Diptyque is untouchable IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Designer:
    Salvatore Ferragamo PH
    Marc Jacobs for Men

Niche:
    Figues et Garcon by Nez a Nez
    Premier Figuier by L'Artisan
    Philosykos by Dyptique
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Post Thanks / Like

Without a doubt, the best fig scent I have ever smelt is Jardins de Kérylos. However, its price is certainly not very…ummm… attractive. I read that many people have the longevity problem with this one… I am definitely not one of them.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Post Thanks / Like

NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Last edited by gmb; 20th January 2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: fix link

Post Thanks / Like

To me L'Artisan is a close second to Dyptique. For me it was a tough decide between the two, but the L'Artisan was a little bit flatter/linear and the Dyptique had some more 'allure' to it.

Wasn't very fond of the Heeley.

For price saving, the Jo Malone fig isn't bad and can be had for less than $50, worth checking out and it's carried in a lot of stories so should be easy to sample.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ for the Jo Malone, you'll have to use their tester since I've been informed (several times) that they don't make samples of this one. just mentioning.

Another vote for Heeley Figuier.
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derekp View Post
    AdP Fico di Amalfi is worth a shot for you, but I've tried most of what's been mentioned here and the Diptyque is untouchable IMHO.
    Derek is right, the AdP Fico di Amalfi is very very nice and worth a shot.

Otherwise, I'm also in agreement with everyone who suggests Philosykos might actually be the one for you. For me it has superior longevity and good projection. I really wish that would be true for everyone on the board, but it's surely my experience. I can only hope that what LiveJazz says is true--that it might be lasting on you longer than you think.

Molinard's Fleur du Figier isn't in the same category as Philosykos. It has a lot of dirty grubby rooty and seed-like things going on in it. It is very fig, but it's also a fig in a directly opposite direction from Philosykos, the L'Artisan figs, the Marc Jacobs, and the AdP. It's fun to check out and if the old blue bottles of Molinard are still in stock at online dealers it'll be very cheap, but it will in no way be a replacement.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

L'Artisan Premier Figuier all the way. Not a great deal of longevity on my skin, which seems to be par for the course for me with L'Artisan. So sad since I really dig a lot of their fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

AdP Fico de Amalfi... i had it on my hand right now and it's lasting... not very strong anyway.
    It's par with Dypthique's on that subject. I'd like to try Philosykos again.
    Anyway, i'm interested in putting my hands on Storer's Kadota, just for curiosity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do like Figue et Garcons from Nez a Nez, a house seldomly discussed here...
    Smellin good

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dune Pour Homme by Christian Dior is an exceptional fig fragrance.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!