Code of Conduct

Exclamation New fragrance(s) alert - Bvlgari Aqva Tonic & Aqva Marine Tonic

Perhaps the most popular perfume line home Bvlgari - Aqva, which includes the original perfume Aqva Pour Homme from 2005 and Aqva Pour Homme Marine from 2008, will be expanded this spring with two new, refreshing and sparkling editions Aqva Pour Homme Toniq and Aqva Pour Homme Marine Toniq.

Aqva Pour Homme Toniq is an invigorating fragrance that creates long-lasting feeling of freshness, dynamic and clear as sparkling water. The fragrance opens with zesty essential oils of lemon and peppermint. Sharp and powerful influence of crystal ice and Posidonia sea weed, which grows in the seas of the Mediterranean and southern Australia, is gradually transformed into a soothing base of woody-mineral character, made of vetiver and amber notes.

Top notes: lemon, peppermint
    Heart: ice, Posidonia sea weed
    Base: vetiver, amber

Aqva Pour Homme Marine Toniq includes the freshness of mineral waters in each of its crystal droplets. Energetic, vivid and cool summer holiday scent opens with intense notes of tangy pear and grapefruit. Its core contains a mixture of crystal ice and Posidonia sea weed, deposited on light woody base notes of sandalwood and white cedar.

Top notes: pear, grapefruit
    Heart: ice, Posidonia sea weed
    Base: sandalwood, white cedar

Jacques Cavallier, who created the original editions, also signs these new ones.

Both bottles retain the original Aqva oval shape, inspired by azure sea and freshness of ice crystals. Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme Toniq and Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme Marine Toniq will be available on the market in March as 50 ml bottles of Eau de Toilette concentration.

Source: http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Bvlg...oniq-1942.html
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 20th January 2011 at 05:23 AM.

Default Re: New fragrance(s) alert - Bvlgari Aqva Tonic & Aqva Marine Tonic

Looking very forward to both of these. I found the original Aqva to be one of the best aquatics on the market, and Aqva Marine to be very underrated, a little brighter, a little more unisex, and a little more generic, but excellent longevity for an aquatic. The note breakdowns for both of these look pretty interesting, and although I'm not an aquatic fan, I am definitely gonna get my nose under both of these.

Anyone have information or updates on these yet?

i guess theres two threads about this because i made one when news was just released.

im really looking forward to smelling these. I dont really like many aquatics, but its fun to try new tihngs

What in the heck is a tonic?? Lol I hate it when houses bank on the success of one edition by remixing it. I understand the business strategy but its about as annoying as it gets when music is constantly remixed. Actually, back in the day I use to love when Puff Daddy would remix a song (oh no...I'm gonna catch some heat for mentioning his name around here). Anyways, I'll definitely smell these but I'll be damned if Bvlgari get's one cent out of me...unless they're great.

Anyone tried these yet?

I was in several department stores today, and didn't see them.

are still a mystery?? their release date is between april & may and sephora sell them online in this moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    are still a mystery?? their release date is between april & may and sephora sell them online in this moment.
    Thanks for the tip! Looks like they're online only - at least for the moment. Limited edition, too. Summer flanker alert!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C15137

They have these at Macys. I tried Aqua Marine Tonic the other day. (thought it may have been Aqua Tonic). Either way, it was very nice. Definitely better than Marine but below Aqua PH. It really did have a kick to it that the original didn't. Great for summer. I'm sure it will have many critics and be on the shelf at Marshalls at some point but if you like the others I think you will really enjoy it.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Finally tried the Aqva Marine Toniq, liked the original Aqva Marine more. Far too much dry, cardboardish "white cedar".....this note is particularly dissonant/discordant to a refreshingly cool/aquatic scent. Gonna try the regular Aqva Toniq as soon as i can find it, expecting less from it after trying Marine Toniq.

Blog Entries

First of all I have to make a prediction. Now that these are becoming available, I have a feeling this thread is going to become like the Aventus or Bleu de Chanel threads - many pages.

I also need to state that the original Aqva was my favorite fragrance for a long time until I discovered Edition Blanche. It still remains one of my top 3. I have never warmed to the Marine edition, though. I think of the original Aqva as pure salty ocean water, but to me Marine is more sour/brackish/briny water. It is more sour on me and the seaweed note/accord is much more prominent, while the original is cleaner/fresher, though I know some have the opposite experience.

I stopped by my Macy's today after reading that they had the Toniqs. Well the one near me had the original Aqva out, but not the Toniq; and it had Marine Toniq but not the orignal Marine. So of course I tried the Marine Toniq.

The are going to have their fans and detractors like all fragrances. Count me on the fan side though. I haven't smelled anything I've like this good at first sniff since Edition Blanche. While I still didn't like it quite as good as the original Aqva, I think it is Aqva Marine done right. It is a lot fresher, and much more wearable in my opinion. It keeps a lot of the original Marine DNA, but it's quite a bit lighter and less sour. It reminds me of Marine mixed with another fragrance I can't quite place, though the first one that came to mine is Givenchy Blue Label.

Marine is not full bottle worthy for me, but Marine Toniq very likely is. I'll certainly be trying it again, and I can't wait to try Aqva Toniq now.
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 4th May 2011 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    First of all I have to make a prediction. Now that these are becoming available, I have a feeling this thread is going to become like the Aventus or Bleu de Chanel threads - many pages.
    Seriously doubt it. There's never been all that much interest in any of these or the flankers.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Seriously doubt it. There's never been all that much interest in any of these or the flankers.
    I doubt it too. I didn't like Marine, and I like Marine Toniq even less. I think it's too dry and scratchy to be an aquatic. Like drinking a vitamin water with a layer of drywall dust floating on top of it. the heart & base are really disrupted by the white cedar's dry/parched cardboard dustiness.

Hopefully, the Lemon and peppermint topnotes, as well as a vetiver/amber base of regular Toniq will make it better than any other of the Aqva line.

Basenotes Member davidmichael42's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: New fragrance(s) alert - Bvlgari Aqva Tonic & Aqva Marine Tonic

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    Anyone have information or updates on these yet?
    its a very nice smooth scent.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Agree.

Toniq? Like Gin and Tonic? Does it have quinine, or does it refer to the gin? Seriously, they sure make me curious.

I have a bottle of the Aqva Marine Toniq. The opening is absolutely amazing, one of the most interesting and freshest things I've ever smelled. It's exhilarating and beats any other aquatic out there, and I live close to Scentbar so I've owned or tried almost everything you can think of.

The problem is the 3-4 hour dry down. It smells like something really nasty. I can't explain the smell, but think of stale parsely mixed with rotted cum (excuse me) to get in the ball park. It's easier to smell it if you test this on a paper towel. Take half or 1/4 a paper towel to macy's, spray eight sprays on it and leave it for like 6-8 hours, then smell the paper towel. You'll get the nasty smell I'm referring to; I've repeated this experiment half a dozen times to make sure (I didn't want to risk wearing something that smelled like that on its dry down) and it winds up smelling like that each time.
    Last edited by Cerel9; 18th June 2011 at 04:04 AM.

Tried both of these the other day, nothing special, generic aquatic scents

I tried both today but just on test strip. If I dont spray them myself I'd think its both original non Tonic versions.

Aqva Tonic has its typical seaweed note, but maybe subdued bit.
    Aqva Marine Tonic is more fruity and salty.

Nothing groundbreaking but still one of better options for summer.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    I have a bottle of the Aqva Marine Toniq. The opening is absolutely amazing, one of the most interesting and freshest things I've ever smelled. It's exhilarating and beats any other aquatic out there, and I live close to Scentbar so I've owned or tried almost everything you can think of.

The problem is the 3-4 hour dry down. It smells like something really nasty. I can't explain the smell, but think of stale parsely mixed with rotted cum (excuse me) to get in the ball park. It's easier to smell it if you test this on a paper towel. Take half or 1/4 a paper towel to macy's, spray eight sprays on it and leave it for like 6-8 hours, then smell the paper towel. You'll get the nasty smell I'm referring to; I've repeated this experiment half a dozen times to make sure (I didn't want to risk wearing something that smelled like that on its dry down) and it winds up smelling like that each time.
    Interesting! I'll have to give your experiment a try (carefully - I don't want to freak out the SAs! )

There was something about Aqua Fahrenheit that grew nasty for me - makes me wonder if it's the same aroma chemical.

I like what you're saying about the topnotes. I'll have to give this a good test on skin. I'm a fan of the original Aqua, but the Marine flanker didn't do much for me.