Code of Conduct

Default What to wear to one of my best friends' wedding?

Tomorrow, Saturday 15 Dec, I'd attend my close friend's wedding in a 4-star hotel. I'll see several old buddies from high school. We were together from what year I couldn't recollect but until 1993, then parted to different colleges.

I'll meet a friend who likes to boast about anything, and maybe I'll be sitting next to him, for once we were close friends (no serious problems between us, but we no longer have things in common). I want to wear a refined scent that puts what he's gonna wear to shame (as far as I remember, in 1997 he wore CK Be, now he might wear Cool Water Game). This thought brings me excitement in choosing tomorrow's SotD as I want him to ask me "Kiat, what are you wearing?" and I will not tell him. He always starts an interesting topic, then deliberately leaves me guessing other parts of the story. This is what I hate about him. [F.Y.I. He likes luxurious things, including fragrance, so I'm sure he will ask me!]

I have narrowed my choices down to these;

1. L'Instant EDP
    2. Michael Kors
    3. Dunhill Edition
    4. By Man
    5. Gucci pour homme
    6. Fleur du Male
    7. Lanvin Arpege
    8. Montana d'homme
    9. Salvatore Ferragamo
    10. Rive Gauche
    11. Creed MI
    12. Creed SMW

Please help vote for only 1 scent. Just thinking about him staring at me with evil eye I can't imagine how fun it's gonna be, lol.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: What to wear to one of my best friends' wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Tomorrow, Saturday 15 Dec, I'd attend my close friend's wedding in a 4-star hotel. I'll see several old buddies from high school. We were together from what year I couldn't recollect but until 1993, then parted to different colleges.

I'll meet a friend who likes to boast about anything, and maybe I'll be sitting next to him, for once we were close friends (no serious problems between us, but we no longer have things in common). I want to wear a refined scent that puts what he's gonna wear to shame (as far as I remember, in 1997 he wore CK Be, now he might wear Cool Water Game). This thought brings me excitement in choosing tomorrow's SotD as I want him to ask me "Kiat, what are you wearing?" and I will not tell him. He always starts an interesting topic, then deliberately leaves me guessing other parts of the story. This is what I hate about him. [F.Y.I. He likes luxurious things, including fragrance, so I'm sure he will ask me!]

I have narrowed my choices down to these;

1. L'Instant EDP
    2. Michael Kors
    3. Dunhill Edition
    4. By Man
    5. Gucci pour homme
    6. Fleur du Male
    7. Lanvin Arpege
    8. Montana d'homme
    9. Salvatore Ferragamo
    10. Rive Gauche
    11. Creed MI
    12. Creed SMW

Please help vote for only 1 scent. Just thinking about him staring at me with evil eye I can't imagine how fun it's gonna be, lol.

Damn this is hard..... well the first one that came to mind was Rive Gauche. I know there are a few other stand out frags in your list but I think this one sits nicely between classy, interesting, GQ but still with a contempoary feel without being too overpowering or perhaps not suiting the occasion in gereral (bearing in mind you cant be TOO bold seeing as though you are at a wedding)

My second choice would be SMW for a fresher take on preceedings but still with enough depth and refinment to put that damn annoying man to shame!!

(sorry I picked 2!!).

Good luck.
    Last edited by r2s; 14th December 2007 at 10:26 PM.
    "All deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea, while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore."

First ones that came to my mind were Silver Mountain Water or Millesime Imperial... not that I've smelled them, just seems to me more luxurious given they are by Creed. I'd prob go with SMW from what I've heard of it though.

Have fun at the wedding

SMW or Michael Kors

I would choose Michael for Men.

I do not think many 'earth' [nonfragrance] people are aware that leather fragrances exist. I have never smelled leather on anyone else!

Michael for men is a superb classy leather - perfect for the event and the location

It is not on your list but, from your wardrobe, I would select Antidote as my second choice.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 14th December 2007 at 11:07 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Why, no. 11. Creed MI of course!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Post Re: What to wear to one of my best friends' wedding?

Seeing that it's going to be 90 degrees in Bangkok on Sat. I would probably keep it on the light side. Of the one's you listed I would probably choose CreedMI.Even if it wasn't going to be so hot, out it's a classy fragrance!

Thanks guys, 7 hours left to go to the wedding. Hope more votes will follow.

About the weather, it will be cool since the wedding will be organized in a hotel. Last month I wore Michael Kors to my colleague's wedding! It's classy. And the gay man sitting at the same table asked for my number, lol.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Creed Silver Mountain Water.
    MI is copied by sean john and it could be everywhere!

Millesime Imperial. Big time.

I wore this to my friend's wedding a few months ago and was very happy I did.
    You are not your perfume.

SMW or Rive Gauche.
    I think your friend is going to guess Unforgivable if he smells you wearing MI or SMW, (and knows anything about EDTs)
    Last edited by irish; 15th December 2007 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    SMW or Rive Gauche.
    I think your friend is going to guess Unforgivable if he smells you wearing MI or SMW, (and knows anything about EDTs)
    As I'm in Thailand, I must say that Thais have little knowledge about fragrance. I am more than certain that he knows nothing about Creed and Sean John. He's into CK, Davidoff and those mass-marketed brands.

It looks like I will have to decide between MI and SMW since they are most voted.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I see from your SotD post that you went with SMW. Let us know your friend's reaction haha. (I was thinking about voting for something, and then I looked at the time and realized it was too late.)

Millésime Imperial. It's subtle enough not to take the limelight off the bridegroom. And you can answer your "friend" in a jaded tone: oh, it's some perfume custom-made for the King of Saudi Arabia.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Lol, just got back. He didn't attend the wedding--big surprise. Everyone was surprised since he always shows up in the venue like that and brags about what he has done and earned. However, the friend who sat next to me leaned toward me very often but was clearly reluctant to ask me. This is not a special thing to mention. What was weird is that I went to the restroom, and when I was releasing water a guy came to do his business right next to me (no water released as it was silent) when there were 8-10 available bowls away from me, so why he had to be next to me and didn't pee?

I did not turn to look at him, but I did sense that he stared at me. At that moment, my urethra almost got blocked. I rushed to finish it and stepped away from him, then washed my hand and as I looked in the mirror I saw him smiling at me from the other side. Oh, he was from the same high school but was 2 years younger than me. I remembered him then.

I walked out the restroom, he followed me and called my name. I was shocked he knew my name. He then asked me if I wore any fragrance? I said yes, and he told me I smelled really nice when I walked past him 5 minutes ago. But, he didn't ask what it was. Then I asked how could he remember me, he said because I was his basketball player hero. Oh dear, I was impressed.

An event like that sometimes can be very impressive as you get a chance to meet old buddies and those you used to see almost every day. I really had fun there this evening. Creed SMW rocked!!! I got some head turns on your recommendation.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Chanel Antaeus