Code of Conduct

Default fun, flirty, floral/fruity, feminine suggestions please!

Nothing too serious. I already have lots of serious frags. I am looking for something playful, pretty, and unique. That means nothing mainstream as I do not want to smell like every other 20-something at the mall. (I am close to 40) I want something I can wear in Spring/Summer to play outside with my little boys. Or to give me a little lift on a bad day.

I already have Badgley Mischka and Missoni (Roucel)--mainstream, but not worn to death by the public. BM is still a little too serious and Missoni isn't quite floral enough.

Something more along the lines of Miss Dior Cherie...only not Miss Dior Cherie. I really like LuckyScent's UNTITLTED #4 by Sarah Barton King. That one would fit the bill perfectly, but they are sold out.

Bring on the suggestions...I am feeling ready to order some samples soon!
    Tropical fruity/floral is good too. Don't mind a bit of pineapple accord or coconut...some frangipani, perhaps?

Thanks, all!

Default Re: fun, flirty, floral/fruity, feminine suggestions please!

OJ Frangipani Absolute, Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir are a couple I like.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I recommend the Estee Lauder Pleasures range, particularly the Delight and Exotic ones. I'm in my late twenties and I've stayed away from EL up to now, but I've recently discovered just that in their Pleasures range: fun, flirty, tropicL, but not worn by everybody- at least not in the UK.

One of the newest Etat Libre d'Orange, Josephine Baker, is a tropical fruity floral with a big pineapple top note. In general, the range is known for its often playful approach and could have some more examples (eg Vraie Blonde). Their Bendelirious has a big fun cherry top note, but I think the perfume is only available at Henri Bendel New York. ELO sells vial sets of their perfumes cheaply on their website.

cacio

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Chopard Mira Bai -- pralines and cassis, yum. Discontinued but still findable.
    Lucy B Pink Frangipani -- “A sensual tropical fragrance with top notes of mood-boosting Australian bush flower, pink grapefruit and pineapple; a middle note of red suva frangipani (more commonly known as plumeria); and base notes of heliotrope and coconut milk.’
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Fun; Flirty; Fruity; Feminine ...
    HOT COUTURE, Givenchy
    Mainstream, but, not a top seller!

Rochas Poupee is a very decent and playful fruity floral and it has pineapple notes.
    I quite like Lalike Tendre Kiss too.

Yes, good call on the Josephine Baker. I usually run a mile from too much fruit, but find this one interesting as well as lighthearted and very wearable.

Thanks all, for the interesting suggestions! I have not tried anything of ELd'O yet, so Josephine Baker sounds like a good place for me to start. And I was just looking a Lucy B Pink Frangipani. Glad to have it mentioned here. I am making my list and will be perusing TPC, LuckyScent, and Beauty Habit soon. Fun!

Apparition by Ungaro

Liasons Dangereuses is a extremely flirty, buttery, juicy, plumy rose

Basenotes Plus

Plus 1 on Guerlain Petite Robe Noir, unusually fruity for a Guerlain - another fun one from G is AA Flora Nymphea.

maybe So de la Renta....top notes freesia, water melon, kiwi, clementine, cardamom and ‘wet’ gardenia

Have fun in your search!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi Acqua di Parma for women
    fruity and not very mainstream

Shi Alfred Sung for women somewhat mainstream but not alot of women wear this

Sensuelle Arno Sorel for women

I'm going to recommend Fragonard, yet again. They have several fragrances that would suit your needs; my personal favorite Belle de Soleil, Eclat, Emilie, Etoile, Eau Fantasque, Ile d'Amour, Miranda, plus several nice soliflores such as Premier Péché, Fleur d'Oranger and Figuier Fleur, among many others. They're all pretty and casual, floral and flirty, although they vary as far as fruitiness goes - you can check out the notes of each on their website. You can also get little sample sets and sachets and give them all a try if they sound interesting.

Laguna by Salvador Dali is a summer favorite of mine, and is exactly what you describe - fun, flirty, floral and fruity, and I doubt you'd ever smell it on anyone else. This isn't just straight-up pretty, it's more interesting than that - I think it's very special.

A more mainstream but I think not overly popular suggestion would be Nina - it's fresh, floral, fruity and adorable. I love it and wear it often in the summer.

Also, Estee Lauder's Pleasures Delight is another rather mainstream offering, but I don't think everyone's wearing it. It's a fresh and juicy strawberry/patchouli confection, but not overly sweet - it's wonderful! Casual, fun, and flirty.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 23rd January 2011 at 11:53 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

More great suggestions. Thank you, all! Evangeline, your list sounds great. I'm diving in!

Yay! Honestly, Fragonard should send me a gift basket!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Yay! Honestly, Fragonard should send me a gift basket!
    No kidding! Cheapest advertising they ever got, I'm sure.

Femme Rochas
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber