Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Noooooo!!!! She likes Cool Waters!!! lol

Hey guys. Wow! So last night I was chatting with this young lady that I am absolutely smitten with, and we got to talking about fragrances. So she tells me that she really likes Cool Waters.
    Cool Waters?!!!!! I HATE Cool Waters! lol I grew up smelling it on my dad, and I never liked it! lol He still has a bottle, but doesn't wear it as much as the Dolce & Gabbana ph that I introduced him to.

So I applied a little bit on my hand today, and it didn't smell that bad on me. Truthfully, the last few times I've tried it, I have each time found it more appealing than the prior try (but still can't say that I LIKE it). It seems to dry down to a kinda minty almost potpourri-like fragrance. Not too bad. I am actually over here considering wearing it every now and then, just for her, lol. Ain't that sad? lol

But seriously, wearing fragrances isn't just about smelling good, but it can actually influence your mood and confidence, and I don't know if this one quite does this for me. So, I doubt I will wear this, even if it's just to impress sista girl. lol I'll just have to give her some new fragrances to fall in love with. lol Wait till she start noticing this Reflection on me!

Default Re: Noooooo!!!! She likes Cool Waters!!! lol

Wear it if she likes it. Why not? The thing is with many people - women and men - scents they may associate with a past love have a lot of power.

It's an inexpensive CVS kind of scent, but one of the loves of my life wore Elizabeth Taylor's Passion. (Still does). I'll always perk up when I smell that one.

Ehhhhh...I dunno man. lol I am CONSIDERING it, but...I dunno. I feel like I have so many better fragrances, I couldn't possibly do the CW. I mean...I dunno. I may have to build myself up to wearing it, like wearing it a few days in a row to get accustomed to it before I wear it in here presence.

Use the money you've saved by buying Cool Water and use it on a good date at a good restaurant.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Ehhhhh...I dunno man. lol I am CONSIDERING it, but...I dunno. I feel like I have so many better fragrances, I couldn't possibly do the CW. I mean...I dunno. I may have to build myself up to wearing it, like wearing it a few days in a row to get accustomed to it before I wear it in here presence.
    I hear ya. All us 'fume heads are that way. I dated a woman who ONLY liked Issey.

It's cheap, and it works so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Wear it if she likes it. Why not? The thing is with many people - women and men - scents they may associate with a past love have a lot of power.

For once, I TOTALLY disagree with StylinLA. IMO, you do NOT want to have her associate you with some other guy(s) in her past via Cool Water. It's much less likely she will associate you two on a "dirty sex" level and more the negative stuff "he cheated on me = I can't trust you" or "I'm still not totally over him so let's take it REAL slow sexually - but good news! We can still go out to dinner every night!"

I say be your own man! Wear what you want. Now that said, if you knew she absolutely hated something, I wouldn't wear that and make her suffer. That won't get you anywhere either!

Dump her! No, just kidding Larwiz! This is what makes fragrance so amazing - the power it possesses to induce memories. Last Christmas I was talking to my sister-in-law about mens fragrances and let her sample some of my niches. After her testing Serge Lutens, Creed, Amouage, Nasomatto and several more she asked me if I owned L'eau de Issey Miyake (I feel your pain StylinLA). I asked her why and she went on and on about how it's the best fragrance EVER for men because every guy she knew in college wore it! If my lady wanted me to wear a fragrance that I hated I'd oblige her. However, I would not compromise if she wanted me to wear that one scent all the time (I simply cannot imagine wearing ONE fragrance - that would drive me insane). Every time a friend tells me they only wear one fragrance and can't understand why I own so many I ask them if they wear the same jeans and shirt everyday!
    Last edited by acjigga; 23rd January 2011 at 08:45 PM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears".

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES
    Creed Royal Mayfair, Le Labo Rose 31, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Bruno Fazzolari Lampblack, Montale Mr. Aoud, Montale Aoud Musk, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Olympic Orchids Blackbird, Slumberhouse Jeke, Profumum del Forte Ambra Mediterranea & Ted Lapidus Pour Homme (red bottle)

DeepSilence

Truthfully, the last few times I've tried it, I have each time found it more appealing than the prior try (but still can't say that I LIKE it). It seems to dry down to a kinda minty almost potpourri-like fragrance. Not too bad. I am actually over here considering wearing it every now and then, just for her, lol. Ain't that sad? lol
    You are trying to like it. Don't excruciate yourself (just joking)
    I don't like it too. But it's wearable if i try.
    Wear whatever she likes, If you think she is sensitive about this case. It's not a big deal. Probably she is worth for a bit devotion.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 23rd January 2011 at 07:30 PM.

Just buy GIT and both of you will be happy.

She will still smell Cool Water and you will have CREED. And if it is CREED it must be great
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    Currently wearing: Black Suede Touch by Avon

"Cool Waters" It actually sounds good in the plural. I wore "Cool Waters" during part of the 90's and still have some vintage juice.

We don't know who or what she associates with Cool Water, do we? That would be interesting to ask.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Wear it if she likes it. Why not?
    Agree

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Ineke Derring Do is a niche copy of Cool Waters, maybe a little better (updated). So you can give her what she wants, and still live with yourself.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Womens are more important than fragrances..

If it's one of her male relatives, or close friend who wears Cool Water that is a good thing, but if it's a past guy...you better find another frag she likes so if there is a next boyfriend she will be asking if he has your frag.

Larwiz, but how does she feel about Havana Vanille and Ambre Narguille?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe she just hasn't smelled that many different frags. But wear Cool Water if she likes it, nothing wrong with that.

Great thread!

Of course we don't know why she likes Cool Water. It might be that she smelled it from a bottle on a brother's/uncle's/friend's dresser (who doesn't check out dresser bottles when friends close enough to us are open to it) or even from smelling it at a fragrance counter once. So maybe it isn't a previous boyfriend issue.

But otherwise Larwiz, what a great reason to become familiar with a scent and even be struck by how it isn't as bad as you'd thought? Sounds like a rich experience of plus and minus with a fragrance and how that makes our smell-thoughts deeper.

With a pretty girl at the end of it I don't see any disadvantage involved.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Oh yeah, and if she hangs out with Larwiz she's going to get skooled in fragrances.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    For once, I TOTALLY disagree with StylinLA. IMO, you do NOT want to have her associate you with some other guy(s) in her past via Cool Water.
    Long term, of course not. I agree with you. Short term. why not?

Hey guys. Wow! So last night I was chatting with this young lady that I am absolutely smitten with, and we got to talking about fragrances. So she tells me that she really likes Cool Waters.
    Cool Waters?!!!!! I HATE Cool Waters! lol I grew up smelling it on my dad, and I never liked it! lol He still has a bottle, but doesn't wear it as much as the Dolce & Gabbana ph that I introduced him to.

So I applied a little bit on my hand today, and it didn't smell that bad on me. Truthfully, the last few times I've tried it, I have each time found it more appealing than the prior try (but still can't say that I LIKE it). It seems to dry down to a kinda minty almost potpourri-like fragrance. Not too bad. I am actually over here considering wearing it every now and then, just for her, lol. Ain't that sad? lol

But seriously, wearing fragrances isn't just about smelling good, but it can actually influence your mood and confidence, and I don't know if this one quite does this for me. So, I doubt I will wear this, even if it's just to impress sista girl. lol I'll just have to give her some new fragrances to fall in love with. lol Wait till she start noticing this Reflection on me!
    LoL Im lucky as my girl has a niche-y nose like me She absolutely hates these kind of stuff
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I think Cool Water is fine.....and you can save money!
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentr d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larwiz, was the fragrance chat with your smittee initiated by you? You post didn't say. If so, relax, and wear all your favorite fragrances. I think the object of your desires was just contributing to the conversation and adding that she also knew something about frags. She was not saying you are doomed unless you wear Cool Water.

I like the last line of your post! Stick with that attitude to impress and win fair maiden (sista girl)
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!
    Currently wearing: Bronze by Ellen Tracy

could be worse

still, eff Cool Waters. eff Cool Waters I say. make her remember you for you, and she will learn to love Reflection Man (or whatever you decide to wear )

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Just buy GIT and both of you will be happy.

She will still smell Cool Water and you will have CREED. And if it is CREED it must be great
    That's just about what I was going to say, but the dreamer dude beat me to it

I hear ya. All us 'fume heads are that way. I dated a woman who ONLY liked Issey.
    Wow! Lol So is that what you mostly wore around her?

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    I say be your own man! Wear what you want. Now that said, if you knew she absolutely hated something, I wouldn't wear that and make her suffer. That won't get you anywhere either!
    Ofcourse. What I didn't mention is...I haven't tried a whole lot of women's fragrances, but the one fragrance for women that I think smells awesome is Dior Addict. So I ask her what she wears, and she pulled some kinda spray outta her bag. So I ask her if she's ever heard of Dior Addict. Do you know she said she owns it!!! I almost proposed to her right then and there! LOL

dude, pussy>cologne.

/thread

;-)
    Tom Ford Splits: ORIGINAL AMBER ABSOLUTE AVAILABLE (PreReformulation)!!!
    ONE LEFT:
    Italian Cypress, Azure Lime, Costa Azzura, Patchouli Absolu, Mandarino Di Amalfi

Also: Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute
    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Pussy is easy to come by, a great fragrance not so much.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Touche!
    Tom Ford Splits: ORIGINAL AMBER ABSOLUTE AVAILABLE (PreReformulation)!!!
    ONE LEFT:
    Italian Cypress, Azure Lime, Costa Azzura, Patchouli Absolu, Mandarino Di Amalfi

Also: Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute
    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Dump her! No, just kidding Larwiz! This is what makes fragrance so amazing - the power it possesses to induce memories. Last Christmas I was talking to my sister-in-law about mens fragrances and let her sample some of my niches. After her testing Serge Lutens, Creed, Amouage, Nasomatto and several more she asked me if I owned L'eau de Issey Miyake (I feel your pain StylinLA). I asked her why and she went on and on about how it's the best fragrance EVER for men because every guy she knew in college wore it! If my lady wanted me to wear a fragrance that I hated I'd oblige her. However, I would not compromise if she wanted me to wear that one scent all the time (I simply cannot imagine wearing ONE fragrance - that would drive me insane). Every time a friend tells me they only wear one fragrance and can't understand why I own so many I ask them if they wear the same jeans and shirt everyday!
    lol@ dump her. lol So you would wear it occassionally, but not all the time? Interesting. I really don't like the idea of wearing a fragrance that I don't love, but...if it puts me in a better light, then...maybe.