Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Shaal Nur Revisited With More Longevity.

I have liked Shaal Nur by ETRO since first I tried it, but wished it would last longer on my skin. I used a high quality non-scented moisturizer to prepare my skin to better receive the fragrance, but with little success. Recently I bought the Shaal Nur lotion and it really made a huge difference. My point is that use of the perfumers lotion with scent seems to extend the longevity, in at least the fragrances with which I have experimented. I have also noted that with stronger fragrances, which might be a bit too much for the office, simply using the scented lotion instead can achieve the desired effect without being a fragrance bomb.

Default Re: Shaal Nur Revisited With More Longevity.

I'm so glad that you've found the solution to better longevity. Scented lotions really do make a difference in extending longevity. I remember trying Ambre Fetiche body lotion and have it last 24+ even after a shower! However anything lotiony that touches my body sans hands, and neck, breaks me out big time! Have you smelt Vol de Nuit in extrait? It really does smell like a richer version of Shaal Nur.

Blog Entries

scent; Interesting about the Vol de Nuit. I have a sample of the extrait so I will sniff them side by side. Vol de Nuit in EDT does not last long at all for me, and if memory serves me, the extrait did not last as long as I thought it would, but it has been some time now, so I will try again.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    I'm so glad that you've found the solution to better longevity. Scented lotions really do make a difference in extending longevity. I remember trying Ambre Fetiche body lotion and have it last 24+ even after a shower! However anything lotiony that touches my body sans hands, and neck, breaks me out big time! Have you smelt Vol de Nuit in extrait? It really does smell like a richer version of Shaal Nur.

Basenotes Institution

Scent - I must try out Shaal Nur if it is like Vol de Nuit!

D- Vol de Nuit EDT lasts no more than 15 minutes on me but the extrait is divine. I do believe Mitsouko and Vol de Nuit are my most favorite Guerlains.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Mimi Gardenia; M- I know what you mean about the edt. I have a bottle of vintage edt and still it does not last. Yes, the extrait is wonderful. If ever there was a logical candidate for an EDP version it would be Vol de Nuit and yet Guerlain has chosen not to offer it. Sometimes I really wonder about the boardroom decision of some of these fragrance companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Scent - I must try out Shaal Nur if it is like Vol de Nuit!

D- Vol de Nuit EDT lasts no more than 15 minutes on me but the extrait is divine. I do believe Mitsouko and Vol de Nuit are my most favorite Guerlains.

Basenotes Institution

I totally agree D! Why Guerlain won't make an EDP for Vol de Nuit is beyond my simple mind.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.