Code of Conduct

Default Is Iso E Super in the new Bvlgari Man frag ?

I obtained a sample of this one today and noticed that the cedar wood note that is very strong is the same one that is in Burberry London for Men and Cuba Red (also in large amounts). So I'm wondering what molecule this is. Anyone know? Thanks.

Default Re: Is Iso E Super in the new Bvlgari Man frag ?

Probably.

Well, it's got that metallic dust with cedar shavings quality, for those who haven't sampled any of these.

There is probably some in there, but what I notice most is more of a sandalwoody/amber type fixative. Probably something like cedramber which gives it that sharpness. Iso E Super doesn't smell sharp to my nose-- it's dry, but also fuzzy and soft textured. When I see "white woods" listed in the notes, that sounds like Iso E Super to me-- but maybe it's referring to an oaky type of wood accord.

I think it's there. Anytime they list pepper and cedar these days, I suspect IES is there too. To my nose, it always leaves that airy-peppery-sheer-but-piercing trail behind that travels for miles.

I don't get iso e so much as I get a dry sandalwood and thick cedar. It's got too much substance to be primarily iso e super, at least.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

I wish it had more.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's quite a nice fragrance, but it definitely needs more oomph.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    It's quite a nice fragrance, but it definitely needs more oomph.
    I disagree. This is one of those fragrances whose beauty lies in its subtlety. Not every frag needs to shout, and I'm glad that Bulgari Man doesn't. This is one of the best all season, all purpose designer frags around.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I disagree. This is one of those fragrances whose beauty lies in its subtlety. Not every frag needs to shout, and I'm glad that Bulgari Man doesn't. This is one of the best all season, all purpose designer frags around.
    I think it has laryngitis.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think it has laryngitis.
    LOL!

Yes, I understand that not all fragrances need to shout, but this one is whispering. It's a shame, as it really is very pleasant indeed.

Having worked with ISO E Super quite a bit, I doubt this is the source of the smell you are talking about. You may be smelling another woody/amber ingredient. ISO E is a soft scent even at relatively high concentrations. When other notes are present, the smell of ISO E Super is immediately lost.

I agree with JonB. I don't smell the Iso E Super in Bvlgari, nor really pronounced in London. That to me has always been a peppery straight to powder fragrance. I would not be shocked to be wrong and be told that they are in there since Iso E super is the new vanilla these days!

I do, however, smell it in Bang! by Marc Jacobs. Probably a bunch of it in there. Given how it is soft and close but resurfaces at opportune times throughout it's 8+ h life on my shirt, I'd say it's almost certain.

Sounds like cedramber, or something like it, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Sounds like cedramber, or something like it, then.
    Whatever fixative note it is, it's tenacious.

I get ridiculously great longevity from Bulgari Man. Yesterday evening I had some errands to run and I took a shower, hit myself with one spray of Bulgari Man to the chest and I was getting whiffs of it all night and even this morning when I woke up.

I remember thinking it was weak when I bought it. I think there's a general rule of thumb that one cannot accurately assess the longevity/sillage of a fragrance until one has had the scent and worn it off and on (full wearings) for at least a week or two.

Seriously, Bulgari Man doesn't quit until I take a shower and even then I can still smell it.