Code of Conduct

Default Scents that smell similar to Rochas Man/Pi/1 Million/La Nuit/Gourmands?

I love that sweet and creamy dry down.

What are some other fragrances that have that vanilla/mocha/chocolate smell?

Thanks, im in the process of expanding my cologne collection, i currently only have Le Male, Chrome, Leau Dissey, and Ignition by Lomani

Default Re: Scents that smell similar to Rochas Man/Pi/1 Million/La Nuit/Gourmands?

Rochas Man/Pi/1 Million/La Nuit +

Angel
    Angel Pure Malt
    LInstant Extreme
    Dior Homme Intense
    Black Orchid
    Fleur du Male
    The Dreamer
    Le Male Terrible

All of this great stuff

Default Re: Scents that smell similar to Rochas Man/Pi/1 Million/La Nuit/Gourmands?

Thanks Daniel, ive heard ugly things about The Dreamers opening, is it really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Hippo_Friend View Post
    Thanks Daniel, ive heard ugly things about The Dreamers opening, is it really that bad?
    To my nose its a very synthetic mint bubble gum. Not bad at all.

You may try Givenchy Very Irresistible (good coffe scent), Nautilus- Black Marlin (close to Rochas Man) and Charriol Man EDP and Ted Lapidus - Black Soul (both are variations to 1 Million).

Givenchy play intense....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

H.M by Hanae Mori is the best "gourmand" in my opinion.

Also, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is worth a try, just be aware it's heavy on anise.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Hippo_Friend View Post
    I love that sweet and creamy dry down.

What are some other fragrances that have that vanilla/mocha/chocolate smell?
    New Haarlem -- smooth caramel mocha coffee
    Meharees -- musky smooth vanilla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NASforever View Post
    Givenchy play intense....
    +1
    Definitely. Matches exactly what you want.

Fleur du Male

Consider Body Kouros - Put another one up for Rochas Man as well!

Post Thanks / Like

I second Ted Lapidus Black Soul...

Post Thanks / Like

Body Kouros

If you like La Nuit, you may like Zegna Forte as well.

Also, for the price, you will have a hard time doing much better than Carlos Santana for Men.

just get another bottle of Le Male haha just kidding.

The dreamer is not chocolate, mocha, ect..but its a sweet powdery vanilla drydown, sharing some similarities with Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male. Also, although I have not smelled it, I can imagine Fleur du Male would be good. Heavy floral up top, but dries down to a le male with floral background.

Also, as someone mentioned, Givenchy Play Intense is just what you are looking for, but I dont wear it that often because Im also scared people will think it is axe dark temptation.

A*Men would be good too, just get past the first thirty minutes or TAR..I think the safer route to go with the mugler like is Pure Malt.

Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'm going to go with body kouros at the moment, I'll definitely keep coming back to this thread for all the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew777 View Post
    +1
    Definitely. Matches exactly what you want.
    +2 It's indeed a great fragrance! Body Kouros is also a nice one.. but it can be overpowering when applying like two sprays. But thats just my experience with it :P

I like Lolita Lempicka au Masculin better than any of the others in this general category right now. Others to consider: Starring for Men, Animale Animale, Jacomo for Men ("Silver"), Trussardi Inside Man, Tomorrow for Him, and Pure Lavender by Azzaro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    H.M by Hanae Mori is the best "gourmand" in my opinion.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes this gourmand!

+1

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bond No. 9 New Haarlesm
    Mugler A - Men
    Mugler Pure Malt
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (creamy lemon)
    While some of the other suggestions are gourmandish, I find them distinctly different (ex. Body Kouros, Pi)

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what you consider a gourmand. Would I eat something that smelled like Musc Ravageur? Probably not. Do I consider it a gourmand? You betcha.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

hmmm, the dreamer and body kouros were actually on my want list, though i have never smelled either. thing is i dont like La Nuit and ive smelled a knockoff of A men and didnt like that either(does that mean i dont like "gourmands"?)... Will i not like the other 2?

you dont like la nuit!??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    you dont like la nuit!??!?!
    nope, and i dont like A men (if it smells like the knockoff angelus which the guy said smelled the same). La nuit smells very heavy and too sweet for me (similarly with A men). i feel like itll offend people around me, since it pretty much offends me. i think im more into fresh scents and this is not one as i find it heavy and stuffy