Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 43 of 43
  1. #1

    Default Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    So I received generous samples from an awesome Basenoter and friend of Dandy and Voyou, and I tested them both a couple of times. I can see the appeal of Dandy and kind of like it myself. It's sort of a fresher, more masculine Dioressence (vintage). But Guerlain cannot be serious be Voyou. I'm not gonna even try to describe it, but I'll just say it's generic to the max...and Guerlain charges what, $220 a bottle for this?! I've worn it on skin and on fabric and analyzed it from top to bottom and there isn't one facet that I find alluring or special to warrant its price. Yes, it smells decent to people (I'm not one)...but pleasant doesn't cut it when you're talking $200 and upwards. There are hundreds of other scents that slay it for a fraction of its price. I find it sharp, bitter, crude and full of the woodyamberthingmajig that's in everything nowadays.
    I believe mrclmind will have a thing or two to say about it this. I've read his comments and reviews on Voyou and have tried to get the rose and sandalwood that he mentions in his review, but alas...zip nada zilch!
    What say you?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I'm totally with you on Voyou. I sprayed it in store on a mouillette and from top to drydown I couldn't help but think that it was yet another sporty woody-ambery horror. Chanel did Bleu, at a fraction of the cost, probably with Light Blue customers in mind, evidently Guerlain here is trying to reclaim Creed ones.

    I also found Dandy interesting, though nothing special for the price. But I have to revisit it. The bottles are also uglier than the average Guerlains, but I guess the Parisiennes without a spray don't fly with most men. Somebody here mentioned that Derby will be added to the line. Barring reformulations, it will definitely raise the average interest of the line.

    cacio

  3. #3

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I don't agree with you at all. Voyou may seem generic at the first moments on skin, but the great part of this fragrance is how it interacts on skin as time changes. There's a kind of rose-musk-sandalwood drydown, which smells creamy from the musk, but that if you take a look you'll notice the sweet rose and creamy sandalwood that come and go out of focus. It's not a bad fragrance, i'd say it's an overpriced one, that will probably generate this kind of reaction based on the price and on the pair that it was launched.

  4. #4
    rogalal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, California
    Posts
    3,378
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    You have spoken ill of GUERLAIN!!!!!!!!!!

    Off with your head!!!!

    But seriously, I thought the same thing about Voyou. Embarassing woody amber horror. I guess I'm just a newbie at being a snob, but wood amber is an automatic foul for me, no matter how nice and well-mixed the notes being obscured by it are. Thumbs down...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

  5. #5

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    The thing that really bugs me is that this type of scent has been done many, many times and many times better. I know everyone has his/her opinion on and that is perfectly acceptable. I'm just left wondering what is the purpose of Voyou? You are right; I am disgruntled because of the price, but also because it adds nothing to the house of Guerlain. I have a feeling if perfume enthusthiats who smelt it not knowing it was a Jean Paul Guerlain creation who go meh and walk away...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    It's how I feel about most of the Creed offerings. 'That much for this?'
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I've became a huge fan of guerlain as of late. And yes I absolutely agree with you. Both of Dandy and Voyou are boring to me, I remember one of them was a little more interesting, but than that...meh

    That's the problem with some of the designer houses that are making niche lines, they're putting many of their new releases in the more expensive exclusive collection lines. Those fragrances would've been fine for under $100, but at +$200, no thanks.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Oh you know, I'm so dreadfully biased re:Guerlain, but of the two Lupins I just immediately fell for Voyou - a real classic Guerlain charmer! It has that special Jean-Paul Guerlain touch, his way of doing a fresh woody that is like no other. The attractive kind of tonic ambrosia found in all of his great masculines, and feminines for that matter, a perfectly stimulating harmony of bitter orange (so immensely more charismatic than its sweet counterpart), mugwort, coriander and pink pepper that immediately hint at the warm wood down below, all in all smelling like new-felled forest timber and bright autumn days. Then rose, so worshipped by Jean-Paul Guerlain, controlling the orange fruit with a mild and honeyed sweetness. The base is made up of luxurious sandalwood, benzoin and patchouli, aromatic and fine like incense smoke. Reprising the cold-warm contrasts of Coriolan and Bois d'Arménie, the drydown development is engaging and badly addictive, with an effect between caramelized leather and mannish wood turpentine.

    Voyou is NOT a "niche", it's a very classic take, but I think it's such an understated marvel. Really. (In the same way that Coriolan was.)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I have tried both and prefer Le Dandy enough to say it's bottle-worthy. I did not feel the same about Le Voyou.

    To each his own. For me, the green violet topnotes of Le Dandy mixed with leather are wonderful.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    The thing that really bugs me is that this type of scent has been done many, many times and many times better. I know everyone has his/her opinion on and that is perfectly acceptable. I'm just left wondering what is the purpose of Voyou? You are right; I am disgruntled because of the price, but also because it adds nothing to the house of Guerlain. I have a feeling if perfume enthusthiats who smelt it not knowing it was a Jean Paul Guerlain creation who go meh and walk away...
    Scent, initialy it was divulgated that who did this one was Thierry Wasser, then they put it Jean Paul Guerlain as the creator of this one. It seems more of a Thierry Wasser creation than Jean Paul one. While i do like it, you're right, its similar to other frags in the market. It reminded me one of the Mark Buxton creations that i had a decant before. I don't know if I need a full bottle of it at this price, but i'd have if it costed like l'instant and guerlain homme

  11. #11

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I own both of the Arsene Lupin scents. I really enjoy them a lot. I didn't care for Voyou all that much one way or another on first sniff, but it grew on me rather rapidly. There is nothing wrong with disliking any scent (and I would never hold that against you, Scent), but for me it is one of the best offerings last year. It's very classic smelling to me, and worth every penny I spent. Obviously my tastes are quite varied, remember I'm the one who really likes both Bleu de Chanel, and Guerlain Homme, two scents that have been panned pretty well on these boards. So I am not surprised that people disagree with me on Voyou also

  12. #12
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,856

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I disliked both of these when I smelled them at Bergdorf, but then again I was swooning with delight at the new Shalimar Ode de la Vanille so perhaps that had something to do with it? In any event, I'm sort of understanding where you're coming from scent. But still, as with most Guerlain's, I have to give this a full testing before I form an opinion.

    BTW, I detest Coriolan and since Mr. G namechecked it above, maybe that's why I didn't like Voyou?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  13. #13

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    "Woody amber" is the new "aquatic."

    For the record, I don't have anything against woody amber per se, I just think i'm sensitive to one of the common woody amber chemicals, which causes me to detest most of them. But when they work, they work.

    Maybe I'll check Voyou out, just to see if Guerlain can cure my woody amber curse.




    Off topic: New aquatics are actually somewhat of a rarity these days, aren't they?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  14. #14

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    It seems that i cannot smell any woody amber on this one. I smell musk, sandalwood, rose. But woody amber? It there is, i'm anosmic to it on this one.
    Well, i like coriolan, maybe this explains why i liked voyou too. I just wished that coriolan was stronger tough.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I think everyone tends to agree that Voyou smells like a classic masculine fragrance. The place were we diverge is: are you the type of person who likes your masculines classic or are you more of the "edgy" type?
    For those who's tastes run to the classic, those that also like Coriolan, Bleu, Guerlain Homme, it's only natural that you like something as well made as Voyou.
    Personally, I'm probably more of the edgy type, as I don't find much to like in Voyou, no matter how nuanced the notes are. I find its premise to be reactionary, banal and overtly commercial, no matter what the price is.
    Smell Habit Rouge. Considering the time it was created, and the other men's fragrances that were out at that time. It smells like a revolution in a bottle. Do the same with Vetiver and Derby - and then try it with Voyou.
    And, finally, the bottle. I ask, why such an arrogant waste of wood?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 26th January 2011 at 01:24 AM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I like what most of you said but especially kevin.

    I have not tested it intensively yet but my first impression was meh. Had it been any other brand, particularly a commercial brand, I would have accepted it but its not up to Guerlain standards. Again this is only from brief exposure to it. I will definitely test it intensively.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    It's nice to read everyone's take on Voyou. Looking at my wardrobe, my tastes tend to run in the "edgy" direction, so I guess it's no surprise I found Voyou crude and screechy; however I found Bleu de Chanel much, much better blended and quite enjoyable. I also dislike Coriolan, but actually find it much better made than Voyou.

    I wore Voyou to bed last night, just to make extra, extra sure I wasn't missing on anything...I wasn't.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I think your analysis of "edgy" and "classic" interests are very precise. The only thing I might ad is that I don't think that Guerlain would ever call themselves an "edgy" house. Guerlain is more of a "smell-good" house, based on that deliciously sweet Guerlinade. A Guerlain perfume must first of all "smell good". Jicky, L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko, Shalimar and Habit Rouge might deserve to be called "revolutionary" within perfumery, but not in the modern sense of being "edgy". Only in the sense of smelling really, really good. And I think that Voyou is made in that "smell-good" tradition. I really think it smells good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I think everyone tends to agree that Voyou smells like a classic masculine fragrance. The place were we diverge is: are you the type of person who likes your masculines classic or are you more of the "edgy" type?
    For those who's tastes run to the classic, those that also like Coriolan, Bleu, Guerlain Homme, it's only natural that you like something as well made as Voyou.
    Personally, I'm probably more of the edgy type, as I don't find much to like in Voyou, no matter how nuanced the notes are. I find its premise to be reactionary, banal and overtly commercial, no matter what the price is.
    Smell Habit Rouge. Considering the time it was created, and the other men's fragrances that were out at that time. It smells like a revolution in a bottle. Do the same with Vetiver and Derby - and then try it with Voyou.
    And, finally, the bottle. I ask, why such an arrogant waste of wood?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Tastes vary and if someone doesn't like it, so be it. I haven't given Voyou much of a try yet.

    All I will say is that in my experience, the Guerlains are among the most coy and sophisticated scents out there. None of them ever grab me first sniff. It's almost like dating. They take a few wearings for me to really get to know them.

    Thanks to the likes of mrclmind, asha, primerose and some other noses I trust here, I'm breaking in Derby today. (Though I might have been cursing your names as I walked out of store with wallet lighter).
    Last edited by StylinLA; 26th January 2011 at 03:25 PM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    I think your analysis of "edgy" and "classic" interests are very precise. The only thing I might ad is that I don't think that Guerlain would ever call themselves an "edgy" house. Guerlain is more of a "smell-good" house, based on that deliciously sweet Guerlinade. A Guerlain perfume must first of all "smell good". Jicky, L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko, Shalimar and Habit Rouge might deserve to be called "revolutionary" within perfumery, but not in the modern sense of being "edgy". Only in the sense of smelling really, really good. And I think that Voyou is made in that "smell-good" tradition. I really think it smells good.
    Perhaps edgy wasn't the best word to use, since it's meaning is so subjective. But the House of Guerlain that exists in my mind is one that creates trends, and doesn't follow them. I agree that there's a 'feel good' element to the house, but the house of Guerlain has reached the heights of high art, olfactory abstraction so many times (Mitsouko and Djedi for example) that I would hope that they would take their responsibility to continue to do so more seriously.
    Plus Que Jamais and Derby are hardly comfort scents.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 26th January 2011 at 03:32 PM.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Perhaps edgy wasn't the best word to use, since it's meaning is so subjective. But the House of Guerlain that exists in my mind is one that creates trends, and doesn't follow them. I agree that there's a 'feel good' element to the house, but the house of Guerlain has reached the heights of high art, olfactory abstraction so many times (Mitsouko and Djedi for example) that I would hope that they would take their responsibility to continue to do so more seriously.
    Plus Que Jamais and Derby are hardly comfort scents.
    Kevin, i think that this notion that Guerlain create trends is before fragrances like Mitsouko. After all, aren`t the classics inspired in some of the greatest coty creations? This doesn`t seem to be a creation of a trend, more of a follow approach that seems to fit the "smell-good" approach of the house, which try to do it better and fit the trends into the shape and favorite notes of the house. It seems that they are trying to do it better with something that doesn`t seem to generate so much difference on that, and i also question if the choose of musks, that seem to be everywhere in fragrances today, are the better choice to create a new guerlain olfactory signature. But what really seems the problem to me is the price of their fragrances - doesn`t seem to fit with what they are. But most of fragrances lately fit with their prices too, at least for me.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    But what really seems the problem to me is the price of their fragrances - doesn`t seem to fit with what they are. But most of fragrances lately fit with their prices too, at least for me.
    I personally find the scents worth the money. For my tastes, there is no other house that does quite what Guerlain does, so I find the investment worthwhile.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Kevin, i think that this notion that Guerlain create trends is before fragrances like Mitsouko. After all, aren`t the classics inspired in some of the greatest coty creations? This doesn`t seem to be a creation of a trend, more of a follow approach that seems to fit the "smell-good" approach of the house, which try to do it better and fit the trends into the shape and favorite notes of the house. It seems that they are trying to do it better with something that doesn`t seem to generate so much difference on that, ........
    Rick, yes, I know that Guerlain didn't invent the cyhpre. The same is true for their Vetiver. I do feel Guerlain really is doing itself a huge disservice by constantly self-referencing. Taking the simple minded 180 Ans and morphing into Tonka Imperiale isn't going to advance the fragrance world like Chamade, or even Insolence have, for that matter.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Ok tested today. I would say it's a nicely executed generic men's perfume.

    Its nit worthy of the Guerlain stamp. It's what anime/manga followers would call a "filler". Creators get busy and can't put out exciting episodes so they insert fillers which serve no other purpose than to exist. Voyou is a fragrance filler.
    I'll go put on some sprituese double vanilla now.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedSanity View Post
    Ok tested today. I would say it's a nicely executed generic men's perfume.

    Its nit worthy of the Guerlain stamp. It's what anime/manga followers would call a "filler". Creators get busy and can't put out exciting episodes so they insert fillers which serve no other purpose than to exist. Voyou is a fragrance filler.
    I'll go put on some sprituese double vanilla now.
    This would be my favorite filler of the year!!

  26. #26

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    This would be my favorite filler of the year!!
    Nothing wrong with that. To each his own I say. This coming from the most loyal purple patchouli fan.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    BTW, I'm a huge fan of Coriolan. Now that's certainly a classic man's fragrance that Guerlain deserves to be proud of! A truly heroic scent that I'm sure history will be more appreciative of than its contemporary audience was.

  28. #28

    Angry Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    The owner of Guerlain, Dior, etc. ( LVMH- Mr. Bernaud Arnaul ) is ruining the original perfumes of the houses belonging to the group. For him the important is the money. He uses the prestige of the houses like Guerlain, Dior, etc. to make money. Their perfumes are not the great perfumes they used to be
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  29. #29

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Making money is a good thing If people stop buying his products, he will make less of it.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Rick, yes, I know that Guerlain didn't invent the cyhpre. The same is true for their Vetiver. I do feel Guerlain really is doing itself a huge disservice by constantly self-referencing. Taking the simple minded 180 Ans and morphing into Tonka Imperiale isn't going to advance the fragrance world like Chamade, or even Insolence have, for that matter.
    I don't think it's fair to put 180 Ans in the comparison, since it wasn't a fragrance for sale. Hermés did the same with George V and the subsequent Brin de Reglisse. And I think that 180 Ans and Tonka have enough things different to see one as morphed version of the other.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I personally find the scents worth the money. For my tastes, there is no other house that does quite what Guerlain does, so I find the investment worthwhile.
    Mr, what i question myself is that if they really invest 230 dollars they charge for a bottle of a Parisienne fragrance or one of the exclusives, for instance, or if what you really pay is the exclusive factor. L'Am e d'Un Heros is one that is so similar to Coriolan, cost much more and it has even less sillage. I don't understand the logic where the price goes up and factors like longevity and sillage goes down and the scent remains the same. I don't think they aren't worthy, but if you compare them in questions of quality and complexity with Parfums de Nicolai, there isn't such a difference. I just wished they were priced like PdN, so i'd have much more of the fragrances that i desire of this amazing fragrance house.

  32. #32

    Thumbs up Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    Making money is a good thing If people stop buying his products, he will make less of it.
    Making money is a good thing, since the ART is not ruined. Don´t you agree ?
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  33. #33

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I just wished they were priced like PdN, so i'd have much more of the fragrances that i desire of this amazing fragrance house.
    When you buy a Guerlain you are paying for their huge advertising campaign, the rent on the Champs Elysee flagship, a staff of over 100, and so on. Their overhead is huge, the price of the fragrances and containers is nil. Nicolai does not have this overhead, and I believe Patricia de Nicolai purposely keeps it this way so you talk about her fragrances without prejudice.

  34. #34

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    When you buy a Guerlain you are paying for their huge advertising campaign, the rent on the Champs Elysee flagship, a staff of over 100, and so on. Their overhead is huge, the price of the fragrances and containers is nil. Nicolai does not have this overhead, and I believe Patricia de Nicolai purposely keeps it this way so you talk about her fragrances without prejudice.
    Do you think that they put part of the costs with the commercial advertising in the exclusive creations? It never occured me that. Anyway, i understand what you say, but i don't know if all this costs justify all the price. I wonder how much of the price is of fragrance, container and the costs of keeping the brand, stores and staff, and how much is the profit margin on it.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Do you think that they put part of the costs with the commercial advertising in the exclusive creations? I wonder how much of the price is of fragrance, container and the costs of keeping the brand, stores and staff, and how much is the profit margin on it.
    LVMH is a huge holding company, they probably break even or operate at a loss with brands like Guerlain. But they get so much mileage out of the prestige that it brings to them. The profit margins per brand would be an interesting thing to actually see. I'm sure LVMH makes a lot more of its money on Louis Vuitton and its 10% stake in Carrefour supermarkets than on selling bottles of Vouyou. Recently LVMH turned their back on their support of the Dalai Lama, due to a boycott threat by China, which happens to be the predicted biggest growth area for LVMH in the next 10 years.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I couldn't disagree with the OP more. What does this smell like? I don't find anything generic about it. Just because it's not overly exotic, doesn't mean it's generic. Find me a cheaper version and I'll be one happy guy.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  37. #37

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Here we go. A name for the first flanker of Voyou: Voyou WTF.

  38. #38

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    A Guerlain perfume must first of all "smell good". Jicky, L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko, Shalimar and Habit Rouge might deserve to be called "revolutionary" within perfumery, but not in the modern sense of being "edgy". Only in the sense of smelling really, really good. And I think that Voyou is made in that "smell-good" tradition. I really think it smells good.
    I am not sure that I would agree on that with respect to Jicky. Its civet is daring, and seems to have sometimes caused it to be regarded with the congratulatory esteem, but as often with the bewildered revulsion, accorded to defectors during the Cold War. My own reaction to it a rather confused one of fascinated repugnance, though I am aware that some find it unproblematically pleasant.
    Last edited by Merely; 28th January 2011 at 08:47 AM.

  39. #39
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    sorry to bring up an old thread but I just came back from Epcot and stopped by at the Guerlain pavilion in France..I already own Dandy and am starting to lean towards voyou more..if anyone wants to part with their bottle...please send me a PM of what they want for it and let' see if we can come to terms. Hope this is acceptable post.

  40. #40
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    80,625

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    I enjoy both Arsene Lupin and Arsene Lupin Voyou and glad I have both in my collection.

  41. #41

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    You have spoken ill of GUERLAIN!!!!!!!!!!

    Off with your head!!!!

  42. #42

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Sorry to resurrect this thread...

    Many have mentioned Voyou's similarity to generic mens scents. Just curious to know which ones? I'd buy 'em!

    I love the combination of coriander, wormwood and sandalwood in this classic, understated beaut. Just don't know if its worth the $245 May just get in on a split on this one.

    It's a "love" for me!

  43. #43

    Default Re: Voyou...wtf?! Seriously Guerlain?!

    Lacoste PH. The ingredients are slightly different--that licorice-candy note is ~ present in Voyou, the top of the Lacoste is fruitier, Voyou is spicier--but the structure is the same.

    Let me know afterwards
    On Sillage:

    If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

    On icebreaker:

    I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

    ¿Si o No?

Similar Threads

  1. Youtube Review Thread #22 : Guerlain Homme Par Guerlain (Sept.16th)
    By Robes08 in forum Member blogs and websites
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 07:00 PM
  2. NEW Guerlain Arsene Lupin duo: Le Dandy and Le Voyou
    By Primrose in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 6th February 2011, 06:41 AM
  3. Replies: 274
    Last Post: 20th March 2007, 12:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000