Code of Conduct

Default Lagerfeld Jako ?

Not as famous as the Lagerfeld Classic or Photo, I vaguely remember sampling this one in the 90's and liking it. Maybe someone can refresh my memory, but it smelled very nice, sort of like a spicier/sportier Chanel Monsieur.

I saw a 1oz bottle for under $20 on luxuryperfumes.com, so this got me interested (!)

Default Re: Lagerfeld Jako ?

I love Jako. I snagged a bottle blind for cheap a few years ago and it was one of the most pleasant surprises ever. It reminded me a little bit of a cousin of Versace's Dreamer and Hanae Mori HM with a nice plum accord. I find it really seductive. More people should have discovered this one.

My ex-gf gave it to me for Christmas back in 2003. I still wear it once in a while. Great scent and original imo.

imho, it's perfect for mid fall and rainy days. It's got a citrus-ginger-incense drydown rounded with a plum accord.

In addition to the above responses, it's a very, very powdery scent. Feels like I've applied a really nice talcum powder.
    Renato

My wife gave it to me many years ago. Been a while since I've worn it, but I wore it a lot when it first came out. My main impressions are super sweet, fruity, synthetic, but in an unlikely wearable way. It's quirky and fun. Always puts me in a good mood, til I get tired of it. That's usually around hour 3 in the drydown. Becomes a skin scent for a couple of hours after that. Overall, seems dated to me. From the same school as Kenneth Cole Reaction, another not bad, but dated synthetic sweet fruit from back in the day.

I sampled this for the first time today and am very impressed. Judging from some reviews, I thought it might be a super-sweet, "chemical mess" type of frag, but it's nothing of the sort. I got a decent deal, but the other reason I decided to blind buy is that it was made before the era of the nasty, "chemical mess" frag, and I couldn't imagine a reformulation. This is at least unisex, though, for those who care. Anyway, the ingredients are good quality and the balance is excellent. It is subtle, with one spray to the chest. Think of a subtle, but much better (in every way) version of BalMan and you probably have some idea of this one. However, I think that at this point it's for the aficionado, as I think most would prefer The Dreamer, Michael for Men (Kors), etc. If you are "bad at identifying notes," I see no reason why you would want this in your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I sampled this for the first time today and am very impressed. Judging from some reviews, I thought it might be a super-sweet, "chemical mess" type of frag, but it's nothing of the sort. I got a decent deal, but the other reason I decided to blind buy is that it was made before the era of the nasty, "chemical mess" frag, and I couldn't imagine a reformulation. This is at least unisex, though, for those who care. Anyway, the ingredients are good quality and the balance is excellent. It is subtle, with one spray to the chest. Think of a subtle, but much better (in every way) version of BalMan and you probably have some idea of this one. However, I think that at this point it's for the aficionado, as I think most would prefer The Dreamer, Michael for Men (Kors), etc. If you are "bad at identifying notes," I see no reason why you would want this in your rotation.
    I'm glad you liked it.
    I'd prefer Dreamer over Jako too, but would take Jako over Michael for Men any day.

To me one spray of Jako is pointless, though I must admit it's a bit overdone with my regular six sprays. I do think the quantity sprayed makes a difference as to the type of review posted.

I think your premise on identifying notes isn't correct. I am very bad at identifying notes, but don't seem to be anywhere near as confused about scents. Numerous people who are good at identifying notes seem to get utterly confused with their "Scent X is exactly the same Scent Y" type posts - when to my nose those scents are significantly different.
    Regards,
    Renato

I meant that because Jako is now not easy to find, at least around here, and the young guys especially are used to cruder, more powerful frags, that it's unlikely they would "get" it, and might even think of it as similar to a weak Samba frag !

i had a big bottle of this, unfortunately, had to return it to the shop coz the atomizer ain't working well.. it's an old stuff, that's why.. it reminds me of John Varvatos by John Varvatos coz of the prominent plum note.. very unique and lasts longer than JV..
    no great shakes but good enough..

Interesting...I feel as if Jacomo borrowed a lot from this one when they designed their Jacomo for Men (clear and silver bottle). The slight powdery, sweet, plum oriental (similar to JV but more mature or formal). I prefer Jacomo to Jako but they both have their merit. I suspect Jako last longer though.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)