Code of Conduct

Default High-end Incense Sticks

Hi guys,

I hope this can be posted at the men's forum. I wanted to know if there is a really good brand of incense sticks, or a good store that sells high-end sticks online. I am interested in traditional eastern scents, like frankincense and myrr, oud, etc. I want to buy mysterious, exotic, warm, sensual incense fragrances. Please do help me out. Cost is no object.

Default Re: High-end Incense Sticks

does it have to be sticks?
    do you want them as blends or single notes?
    and why exactly do you want incense?

Yes, I do prefer sticks. It can be a single note or a blend, but I marginally prefer blends. I want the incense stick to fill my living room with an exotic fragrance, when I bring a significant other or friends to my home.

Hello Antinous, you may find you get a more focused response if you post this question in the "Home Fragrance" thread, which deals specifically with such issues.
    That being said, there is one incense stick which has a direction connection to men's fragrance: Czech & Speake make sticks in their marvelous Frankincense and Myrrh scent. They are very good.
    Cheers, ody
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Olfactory Rescue Service is arguably the most informative and authoritative web resource on all things incense. Be prepared for endless hours of reading and re-reading reviews and discussions and hang on to your wallet 'cause it can get out of hand real easy

check this site out:
    http://www.asakichionline.com/

also, comme des garcons has the scents from their incense series available as incense sticks.
    people seem to think kyoto and ouarzazate are favorable with the laydeez.

Thanks, guys. I'm sorry i posted at the wrong place

If you go for woodchips rather than sticks, you can buy oud chips from Arabic brands like Arabian oud. (http://perfume.zahras.com/ has a set of catalogs).

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Antinous of Bithynia View Post
    I wanted to know if there is a really good brand of incense sticks, or a good store that sells high-end sticks online.
    FWIW, incense users will always acknowledge Nag Champa as a very good incense. I use a brand called 'Ganesha Special'. Some people swear by Japanaese incense. I buy mine in my home country, and, I can't tell where you're from, but have a look at: http://www.incensewarehouse.com/ because they do have quite a good range.

I am interested in traditional eastern scents, like frankincense and myrr, oud, etc. I want to buy mysterious, exotic, warm, sensual incense fragrances.
    I'm not entirely sure those are 'traditional eastern scents'.

Please do help me out. Cost is no object.
    If "high end" equals "expensive" why not just find the most expensive sticks you can? Expensive is about the ingredients - sandalwood and saffron are right up there with argarwood and oud.

Also, do have a search here on Basenotes - quite a few threads about incense.

And - do come back and tell us what you end up buying.

I have decided to try out the Tibetan HOLY LAND INCENSE, Tibetan Medical College’s top grade incense..... I will write about it when I receive it!

you may also wanna try tibetan powdered incense -- they are herbal sweet or protector 'sang' incense -- dried juniper bushes that are burned as incense.

I have the Comme des Garçons Incense sticks (Avignon and Zagorsk) and they're pretty nice. Great for scenting normal rooms.

Since I have super high celings and live in a loft space, I can get away with using real resin incense in charcoal burners. I buy this at a Catholic supply store. There are some very nice different varieties of Catholic incense.

For me, the best of both worlds is Fred Soll's "Resin on a Stick" Incense. These are sticks that are coated with resin. You burn them like regular incense sticks, but the scent output is not some weak nag champa/headshop incense. This stuff smells like what it is. The "Magical Copal" is my favorite from this line. It's a very deep, dark intense smell. The "Frankincense and Myrhh" is amazing also. You really have to try this line. The quality is outstanding.

Santa Maria Novella do some very nice incense, though it's quite expensive. I've been enjoying the Inverno recently. I think they only recently started to produce this stuff, which is apparently manufactured by Shoyeido.

Blog Entries

Gonesh, hands down.

Try their "Spring Mist" scent.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Lisn , expensive but very very good

http://www2.lisn.co.jp/

I have decided to try out the Tibetan HOLY LAND INCENSE, Tibetan Medical College’s top grade incense..... I will write about it when I receive it!
    I have the #2 burning as I type and it's really great. One stick is about twice what I need so it's a very good value as well.

I've tried several Japanese samplers, including high-end Shoyeido, Baieido and Tennendo with Kyara/Oud but none got me excited except Tennendo Renzan that doesn't smell dusty like Kukai from the same brand. Tennendo Frankincense is a nice stick as well.
    I prefer the cheaper Japanese offerings from Shoyeido (mainly Sandalwood based)
    and I recommend Awaji-Baijundo Hydranga tea - a fine composition.

I tried all the different Oud and Sandalwood sticks from QT-store and all of them are great, especially if you let them sit in open air to dry a bit more before use.
    The Indonesian Oud sticks are unique as they're complex and bright like Frankincense.
    The Sandalwood is a comforting scent for me, one I use almost daily.
    http://www.qt-store.com/servlet/the-Incense/Categories
    The store is also on ebay.

If you like Holy-land sticks, you'll probably like Dzogchen monastery Lotus ground too. It's also high quality, bright flowery scent.

Where can i find the incense sticks Inverno online?

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Santa Maria Novella do some very nice incense, though it's quite expensive. I've been enjoying the Inverno recently. I think they only recently started to produce this stuff, which is apparently manufactured by Shoyeido.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoglio italianO View Post
    I think in the US Lafco are the best source.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion