Code of Conduct

Default Did Perfume Center.com send me a fake Creed Green Irish Tweed?

Hi all,

I ordered GIT from PerfumeCenter.com, who claims to be a legitimate reseller for Creed and only sells 100% authentic. Have never tried it before, checked it out based on recommendations here as a lurker for a while.

It arrived today and looks pretty shady, like an old tester that's been cleaned up and filled with something else. The box was fine, and looks like what i've seen in other pics, but here is the bottle. The scratched-off serial # is really weird:

The rubbed-off printing and scratched serial seem really shady to me, and unfortunately I've never had the stuff before and can't tell if it's fake. Any tips?

Default Re: Did Perfume Center.com send me a fake Creed Green Irish Tweed?

Looks okay to me.

Let it be a lesson to all Basenoters: get an official/trusted sample or decant before buying from any discounter and decide for yourself if the juice is authentic; putting aside all this bottle/box cosmetic BS that gets people all riled up.

Thank you.

G Man - thanks for the tip. That is a great suggestion and something I will follow in the future. Going to compare tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pantalones View Post
    Hi all,

I ordered GIT from PerfumeCenter.com, who claims to be a legitimate reseller for Creed and only sells 100% authentic. Have never tried it before, checked it out based on recommendations here as a lurker for a while.

It arrived today and looks pretty shady, like an old tester that's been cleaned up and filled with something else. The box was fine, and looks like what i've seen in other pics, but here is the bottle. The scratched-off serial # is really weird
    Why would a legitimate reseller need to scratch off serial numbers? RETURN IT! =]
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

The bottle looks very old.. Suspicious.

If you are not happy with it, then perhaps it's best to return it.

Sur la Plage

Did you do any research on perfumecenter.com before ordering?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Question Re: Did Perfume Center.com send me a fake Creed Green Irish Tweed?

I've been looking for a reputable place to buy my favorite Boucheron 'Legere' and was just checking reviews for perfumebay.com. They're listed through Amazon, so I thought that gave them some validity, but seems you can never be too sure when purchasing online. So far it seems more people have had good experiences than not with them.

The one other time I bought Boucheron online was through 1stPerfume.com before reading any reviews. I started to panic after reading a number of negative reviews and wondered if I'd ever see my perfume, but did get it eventually. It was hung up @ UPS for some reason, but don't recall now (this was about 2 years ago). I recall talking with UPS and telling them I'd drive to the shipping center to get it, which was 20 minutes away. Once I had it, I examined the label on the bottom and compared it with my original which I bought when traveling in Paris and it looked right and smelled right, but I don't think I'll order from them again, based on the reviews I've read here.

I'm not just about out and time to re-order. What does everyone think the best place to order from is?

Thanks,
    Deb

There are some good threads on reputable e-tailers. You should check those.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    Why would a legitimate reseller need to scratch off serial numbers? RETURN IT! =]
    I started a thread about this practice a few months ago. Several online discount retailers -- maybe even a majority -- deface Creed serial numbers. It doesn't mean the scent is a fake, just that it's gray market. Personally, I won't knowingly buy Creeds with scratched off numbers, but others think so long as the smell is there, it's immaterial.

And good luck returning it. I returned one to Beauty Encounter with a defaced serial number, and they deducted their "restocking fee." I argued that the defaced number was a defect and I should get a full refund. They were unmoved.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

This is one of the most frequently asked question here at BN. So many headaches and hassles could be avoided if people joined BN prior to buying fragrances (especailly GIT) over the Net.