Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Frapin 1697

From nstperfume.com:

Frapin will launch 1697, a new fragrance presumably named for the year the Frapin family received its coat of arms from Louis XIV.

1697 was developed by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour, and the notes include dark rum, acacia, davana, pink pepper, jasmine, hawthorn, ylang ylang, cloves, cinnamon, sweet dried fruits, rose, ambergris, tonka bean, patchouli, cedar, labdanum, white musk and vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Fragrance: Frapin 1697

Yesss!
    Numbers in the name, boozy theme, spices, fruit, florals and a cosy base.

Lets hope it's as good as its apparent twin 1270.

Shame they changed the bottle though.
    Smellin good

Will be looking forward to this release.

Hope they don't change all their bottles, the other one is much nicer and classier. This frag sounds great.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

This is exciting news and very interesting notes. I wonder what will stand out in it? Interesting that they brought in Bertrand Duchaufour for this one. I look forward to trying it, as I own and enjoy 1270.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

1270 is about the only gourmand-style scent I enjoy. My friend carries the whole Frapin-line, I should call him for a sample

I like both 1270 and Caravelle Epicee. Can't wait to try this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I like both 1270 and Caravelle Epicee. Can't wait to try this one!
    Me too.

this sounds like something I'd want to swim in...

Frapin have a knack for doing rich and multifaceted really well. Duchaufor hmmm... where is the incense?

Basenotes Institution

I love 1270 - this sounds like another lovely boozy scent - hope it's unisex.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I like 1270, although I purchased a bottle of L'Humaniste instead, but this one certainly sounds interesting

I like Caravelle Epicee and Passion Boisee. I hope this one will be in the same league!

For the people who are interested in this scent, I have just seen that Aus Liebe zum Duft has it in its offer now…
    http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/frapin-1697.html
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I hope the tonka and vanilla doesn't spoil this for me.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I love 1270 - this sounds like another lovely boozy scent - hope it's unisex.
    scent classification is a state of mind.

I am half way through my second bottle Armani Onde Mystere and just realized its designated as a ladies perfume. Wifey didnt even guess it was feminine.

Blog Entries

Nice. Added to next sample purchase.
    Smellin good

Basenotes Institution

I totally missed that Duchaufour did this, until I just read this thread. Very interested in smelling this now.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    From nstperfume.com:

1697 was developed by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour, and the notes include dark rum, acacia, davana, pink pepper, jasmine, hawthorn, ylang ylang, cloves, cinnamon, sweet dried fruits, rose, ambergris, tonka bean, patchouli, cedar, labdanum, white musk and vanilla.

Ahhh, acacia... the first time I smelled a prominent -and very strong- acacia was in Fleur du Male. In my country there are no orange trees, so I don't know how orange flower smells like. Is here anybody knowing both -acacia AND orange flower- and could tell me if they are actually so similar?

Basenotes Institution

I smelled this last weekend, at MiN, in New York.

First of all it was my first time in the store, so I was a bit overwhelmed by just browsing around the store and soaking it all in. I had no idea they had so many wonderful fragrances there. And I was already doused in fragrance that day (I was wearing Tribute by Homage) so I had very little skin for testing fragrances (I could have killed myself!) but up at the very front of the cash register was a bottle of this and the shop owner (I think his name is Mitch?) asked me if I'd smelled the new Frapin. I, forgetting about this thread, said I hadn't heard of it. I remember being confused because when I saw the bottle I didn't recognize it as a Frapin bottle, but he explained that this bottle is different because it's a limited edition (supposedly, there are only 1,697 bottles produced and once it's gone, it's gone).

So, of course, I had to smell it.

I smelled a lot that afternoon, so I will try as best as I can to describe it: its sweet, with a sort of caramel, gourmand, tobacco-ish spice smell. Reminded me of Havanne Vanille by L' Artisan Parfumeur (another Duchaufour creation) but the base notes of that scent, not the top - this is by no means a vanilla prominent scent. I was not wowed by the drydown of 1697, which from what I remember was much more persistent and loud (ie: synthetic woody amber) but also the scent adhered to the inside of my jacket sleeve so perhaps the strong insistence on my skin was instead just the smell that lingered on fabric?

Still, it's boozy, sort of hazy-dreamy qualities kept my nose glued to my wrist all afternoon. Any fragrance with cinnamon, dried fruits and authored by Duchafour, ticks all of my boxes. There is a luxuriousness that this immediately conveys, and I felt the same way the first time that I smelled Jubilation XXV (yes, another Duchaufour scent).

Still, 1697 is over priced. If I remember correctly it was around $260 for the bottle (as opposed to the regular Frapin's which are $150). (sigh)

-- Eckhart Tolle

A seller on e-bay has two bottles for $190 each
    Evenstar

My friend carrying the Frapin line already has it, for about 190 USD. Within two weeks I'll have a sample

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Yesss!
    Numbers in the name, boozy theme, spices, fruit, florals and a cosy base.

Lets hope it's as good as its apparent twin 1270.

Shame they changed the bottle though.
    Ditto this comment!
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

At first Frapin 1697 is boozy, fruity and sweet, then it’s fruity and sweet and, after that, it’s just... ummmmm... sweet. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad scent, but... well, maybe just my expectations were too high.
    Frapin 1697 is even interesting… for the first half an hour or maybe even the whole hour (by the way, first 20-30 seconds are extremely boozy (rum?)), but the dry down is quite unmemorable (the dry down reminds me of some designer scent, but I cannot remember the name of that scent).
    Considering that it’s an “absolu de parfum”, I expected much better projection and longevity.
    Anyhow, my recommendation to the people who like Jubilation XXV or/and Frapin 1270 is to try this fragrance.
    “The Frapin’s crew” in my collection (1270, Caravelle Épicée, Terre de Sarment and Passion Boisée) will remain the quartet, that’s for sure, and will patiently wait for some new creation from this house to become larger.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Banned

I have a decant of 1697 and it's pretty damn nice. The boozy opening is compelling and the drydown long and lingering. Not sure I'd spring for a FB but it's definitely my favorite of the Frapin line.

I love 1697. I just wish it weren't that expensive...

sounds interesting

i was all aBout frapin 1270

But i don't know now

this thing its too expensive gotta smell a lot Betta and have Better sillage/longevity

i would like to now which one smells Boozier

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    ...but the dry down is quite unmemorable (the dry down reminds me of some designer scent, but I cannot remember the name of that scent)...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced this. It reminded me, somewhat, of the base notes of Ambre Nuit by Dior. A persistent, loud, woody/amber. Not quite as heavy-handed as, say, John Varvatos but still it smells 'familiar' and not complex at all. Not nearly as interesting as the top/middle notes.

-- Eckhart Tolle

What do you guys think of L' Humaniste?

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    What do you guys think of L' Humaniste?
    I had a sample, and after about 5 tryings I gave it to my friend, it's not my style at all, didn't like it. But there are more enthusiastic bnoters, I know.