Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Monster by Lady Gaga - Smell of Blood and Semen - WTF!!!

According to this brazilian news
    http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/mat/...-923618416.asp

The new Lady Gaga perfume, Monster, will smell blood + Semen. A personal request from Lady Gaga.

Monster Will be Launched in 2012.

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!

Default Re: Monster by Lady Gaga - Smell of Blood and Semen - WTF!!!

I think it will smell of a cheap publicity stunt.

As much as I love Gaga, this sound like it would be a rip off of Secretions Magnifiques

Don't worry, it will be a fruity floral with a silly note pyramid.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    As much as I love Gaga, this sound like it would be a rip off of Secretions Magnifiques
    My thoughts exactly!

Sur la Plage

It may be what she wants, but her license is with Coty. So I do not think it will smell anything like this - which is a shame.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

You would think with her " artistic vision " she'd have a little more integrity

Blog Entries

Bet it smells like some Adidas fragrance with a metallic note

Pass on this.

Regardless, it would smell better than any Adidas anyway.
    (Anything smells better than any Adidas)

"Bad Romance" would be better, with notes of old rose water, crushed cherry chocolates and semen.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Lady Gaga would have a hit if changed her fragrance from Monster to...

Lady Gaga has reportedly decided to name her new fragrance "Monster" with notes of blood and semen. If you were to advise her, what would you recommend she name her fragrance and what notes would you use. I suggest...

"Bad Romance" with notes of slightly old rose water, crushed cherry chocolates, semen, and charred bed linen.

Last edited by Rosehavn; 27th January 2011 at 08:39 PM.
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Lady Gaga would have a hit if changed her fragrance from Monster to...

blueberry kisses
    pink sugar with blueberries

Default Re: Lady Gaga would have a hit if changed her fragrance from Monster to...

I would call it Telephone and advise Comme Des Garcons to help her develop it.
    I'm not your toy.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    but her license is with Coty.
    You sure it's not Kotex?

Blood and semen....what a disgusting fragrance that would be. Worse than Cool Water and A-men put together.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

I agree, I can’t see Coty doing something half as daring as Secretions Magnifiques (not that SM is even remotely wearable). The last perfume that used sperm as an inspiration, 6Scents-Series3-No.4, wasn’t really that remarkable. However, Byredo’s recent M/Mink evokes the metallic inky smell of blood brilliantly with the use of that harsh aldehyde. It’s a rare and very gutsy move of them, but I doubt Coty will attempti anything this edgy.

Concur with JasonX.

This is really behind the times and no longer shocks.

The ELdO Secretions Magnifique has sperm and blood as notes.

The head of the house, Etienne Swardt, said it contains the French "four Ss": sueur, sperme, sang, saliva. (Sweat, sperm, blood and saliva.)

(yawn)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I will wait and see if this is as ground-breaking as it purports to be.

The general public will never buy something like Secretions Magnifique. The trend is to have aquatics for men, and fruity florals for women.

We will see. I am truly interested in the bottle, however.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I will wait and see if this is as ground-breaking as it purports to be.

The general public will never buy something like Secretions Magnifique. The trend is to have aquatics for men, and fruity florals for women.

We will see. I am truly interested in the bottle, however.
    The BOTTLE is probably going to be more interesting than the fragrance...

Considering MS Gaga lifted her look from Dale Bozio/Missing Persons, her sound from Madonna/Britney Spears, it's no surprise that she would take her fragrance idea from Etat Libre d'Orange.

It wouldn't be the first time she's convinced a company to plough a lot of money into a product with questionable market potential: http://www.gizmosync.com/lady-gaga-i...es/371459.html

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post

Considering MS Gaga lifted her look from Dale Bozio/Missing Persons, her sound from Madonna/Britney Spears, it's no surprise that she would take her fragrance idea from Etat Libre d'Orange.
    I concur ! Still a fan though .
    I doubt the scent will smell out of the norm - they'll release something that sells.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by kevin guyer View Post

considering ms gaga lifted her look from dale bozio/missing persons, her sound from madonna/britney spears, it's no surprise that she would take her fragrance idea from etat libre d'orange.
    word..........

Whatever it might come to be at the end, I won't be setting any money on the side for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinok View Post
    I would call it Telephone and advise Comme Des Garcons to help her develop it.
    Awesome.

who the hell would want to smell like prison sex? blood and semen. does this even sound the least bit attractive to anyone here? i hope to God no one answers yes.

Im all for Gaga trying to do something fun and different than the mass marketed crap, it's just too bad it will end up the same as all the rest
    ---
    -josh

www.imaginaryauthors.com

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Pass on this.
    Ditto.

She/he? is nothing but a freak and publicity whore!

I can't believe what passes as music these days. A lot of these "musicians" are only products of the studio. They either lip sync or use an auto-tune during concerts.

Bring back the music of the '60s '70s, '80s and (some) 90's.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

i think if you want to smell like semen and blood... you have emotional problems. and you WANT to be singled out and rejected by the healthy minded. i know its just an attention whore doing whatever it takes to get more attention. my opinion though- disturbing. and wrong. yes, WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Ditto.

She/he? is nothing but a freak and publicity whore!

I can't believe what passes as music these days. A lot of these "musicians" are only products of the studio. They either lip sync or use an auto-tune during concerts.

Bring back the music of the '60s '70s, '80s and (some) 90's.
    WORD!!!! well said

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    who the hell would want to smell like prison sex? blood and semen. does this even sound the least bit attractive to anyone here? i hope to God no one answers yes.
    You and me both.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

although i have more than a few bottles of cologne that smell like sh*t... KISS for him- GROSS! ball sweat.

Haha...have you smelled Secretions Magnifique by CdG?

no, is it gross? ive read the reviews of it but- is it good or bad?

Oh my she is such a provocateur!

gotta admit it though- shes doing a great job of extending her 15 minutes. and getting all she can out of it.

no, is it gross? ive read the reviews of it but- is it good or bad?
    You wouldn't want to wear it. Do you wear the ball sweat fragrance? Hahaha!

no, it sits on my cologne rack as a reminder to never buy cologne from walmart ever again.

no, it sits on my cologne rack as a reminder to never buy cologne from walmart ever again.
    You just answered your own question abt Secretions Magnifique.

it sits next to cigar afficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Haha...have you smelled Secretions Magnifique by CdG?

You mean ELDO

There was a discussion about this on NST this morning, part of it on how Coty isn't exactly the go-to company for edgy scents. So I'm with Primrose, we shall wait and see... or maybe I will. This is honestly the most attention I've ever given a celebrity fume, I think. Maybe it's because "Poker Face" is on my new SingStar. lol. And you know what? I'm not half bad at that dance! I haven't tried it past the easiest level, though..

I guess it could have been worse and could have been a taste test

But seriously is this human semen or animal ?

Gaga should team up with the Jackass guys for the promo film.

+1 Kev
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

its gaga people. she's an amalgamation of all the gay/female icons was nice during the 80s. I see madonna, grace jones and in her latest song donna summer.

i'd imagine her perfume would smell like all the popular celeb perfumes out there mixed into a bottle.

Blog Entries

Default Lady Gaga's upcoming perfume - info leaked

From here,

"According to sources in the fragrance industry hired to develop Lady Gaga‘s first fragrance, the pop star has requested that the scent “smell of blood and semen.”"

Sounds familiar...

But if she can sell watered down Secretions Magnifique to bored teens in every mall in the world, more power to her. I'll take this a hundred times over yet another candied fruity floral.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Blog Entries

There's no official source on the original fashionista.com post - just "industry sources". Sounds like it might be a trial balloon. Or a helium-filled condom.

Seriously, if this is what she's doing, I can only see it being somewhat like womanity - some oddball notes mixed in with the sugar, candy, and floral melange. That would actually be daring for Coty - but still wearable by the admiring Gagettes. Another womanity-type frag would get some respect from me, even though I'm sure I couldn't stand it.

Hillaire

Default Re: Lady Gaga's upcoming perfume - info leaked

Hmmm... Five'll get you ten she already knows about SM. It doesn't bother me, though, when the 'arts' trickle down to the mass market in a more diluted/ digestible format..especially when it's in the interest of irreverance and liberation. I support Lady Gaga; I am glad she's 'out there' talking intelligently to a new generation young people... and causing them to see education and critical thinking in a positive light.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lady Gaga's upcoming perfume - info leaked

My money says it's just some strange notes in the candy floss floral. Given that womanity isn't a total flop, there's enough precedence for Coty to get a little edgy. But really - that's enough for me. I agree - anything is better that than just another fruity floral sugar-bomb.

Thanks Sunny! Correction: Secretions Magnifiques is by Etat Libre d'Orange

gotta admit it though- shes doing a great job of extending her 15 minutes. and getting all she can out of it.
    Even though her music's not really my thing, I think she's pretty damn talented. She's gonna be around for a while yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laIr_d0hFB8

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It may be what she wants, but her license is with Coty. So I do not think it will smell anything like this - which is a shame.
    Couldn't agree more.

It's interesting to see how much of a rise she gets out of people - apparently, for all her lack of originality, it still works quite well. Personally I think she adds a new dimension or two to Madonna's old schtick, the Grace Jones reference is a little more apt, but then I'm a bit of a fan..

She is one very strange person!!!
    Gary

Default Lady Gaga's fragrance

Not sure if posted yet, in a hurry before work.

But just ready Lady gaga's fragrance is supposed to smell like blood and semen.

Only a basenoter would know this, but it already exists!

Default Re: Lady Gaga's fragrance

Pass.

I heard it was a taste test. Pass.

I feel sorry for the folks that will have to endure being around anyone wearing that odor. It's not perfumery, but brazen American hucksterism at it finest. Lady Gaga is a media contrivance who has little, if any, fragrance knowledge. I'm sure she'd agree to lend her name to almost anything if the bread was right.

Martin
    Last edited by Jazznpool; 19th February 2011 at 11:58 PM.

Would someone please explain this "Lady Gaga" person/phenomenon for me?

Yes, in some ways, I do live under a rock. My life is a bit of a common cultural semantic dearth.

As far as I can tell, media contrivance is partially correct. Narcissistic self-contrivance may be equally -- or even more -- correct.

She seems to me to be Madonna without the element of talent -- and there's not talent there. She seems like Paris Hilton without the class -- and there's not much class there. She seems to fit the very definition of "famous for being famous."
    She seems more brand name than person.

Where do these "stars" come from? And, more importantly, how do I become one? I could do that.