Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances and personality type:

The theory is that you should wear fragrances that match your personality type. In general, I've noticed there is a correlation in the type of fragrance and the personality. However, I've noticed that with extreme fragrances, this correlation doesn't hold up.

I've noticed extremely masculine men often like to wear borderline feminine, floral scents (if any at all), and can actually pull it off. Often, the one's wearing Antaeus, Obsession, Quorum type colognes aren't the strapping, athletic, lumberjack types at all, but rather introspective, studious types, even "nerdy".

For myself, I'm an artistic, moody, gothic type, but find myself most comfortable with fresh, green, sporty type frags, certainly not ones like Halston I-12, M7, or other dark scents. Go figure.

Default Re: Fragrances and personality type:

I enjoy variety of fragrances (check my wardrobe). Ppl who know me tell me I'm arrogant and somewhat uncompassionate, very pragmatic. I enjoy M7, Gucci Envy as well as Joop! or Le Male, Versace PH, Boss in motion Black. Fragrance and personality is null and void in my case.

I have the impression that age is more important than personality. For example, a grand daughter and a grandmother may have similar personalities, but it is probable that they will choose different perfumes. But I could be wrong.

Last edited by Antinous of Bithynia; 27th January 2011 at 07:10 PM.

At first, I was concerned to only test, own, purchase, wear etc. frags which seemed suitable to my age, fashion tastes, skin type, personality, social status and so on

but then I got to like owning and using several frags too diversified and too versatile, as to be all suitable to my personality type

In fact, I've started to wear quite often- on purpose- frags which are blatantly different from my personality

eeh, there are so many theories.
    over here and some odd places else, people think complexion plays a role in what fragrances are appropriate to wear.
    what I certainly know to be true is, exposure to notes and their associations in the culture a person grows up in, is an undeniably strong factor.

rest, I believe is in the nose of the... something. yeah it's personal that's what I mean.

I find that the heavy, "masculine" fragrances with alot of musks and woods put me in a very bad mood. About a month ago, I put on some Quorum before I went out to a nightclub, and I couldn't wait to get home to wash it off since it put me in a foul mood.

There's no way I could possibly wear something like Halston I-12, M7, Ytagan, or Grey Flannel for more than a few minutes. So I'm amazed that people can like these type of fragrances and live with them day in, day out. BTW, got rid of my Drakkar and Cool Water, while not really very musky/woodsy, still had elements which put me in a bad mood.

I've noticed alot of basenoters like strong, spicy, woods, musks in their fragrances.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

For me personally, the correlation between personality and fragrance type is a non-issue.

Blog Entries

My tastes reflect more on my food interests than my personality as far as I'm concerned. If it smells yummy I like it, I've got a massive sweet tooth!