Code of Conduct

Default Lady Gaga and Katy Perry scents

I know this is the MFD and I am off-topic, but am still wondering about this:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/purr-by-...lusive/3142365

Mods, can you move this to the Fragrance Industry area?
    Last edited by Primrose; 27th January 2011 at 11:19 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lady Gaga and Katy Perry scents

The Perry fragrance great bottle, horrid fragrance all cotton candy and fruity.

GaGa well she has said she wants it to smell of blood and semen. I can see Coty going for that one. NOT. But hell it would be interesting. LOL
    DONNA

I agree, Donna.

All celebuscents, IMO, must have mass appeal. I can see nothing really controversial or it will not sell to the general perfume-consuming public.

Celebuscents are all about the commercial endorsements of a celebrity and high sales numbers, followed, of course, by a flanker.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I agree about Coty & for that reason it wouldn't surprise me if the GaGa scent ends up being a second rate rip-off of Womanity.

Post Thanks / Like

A slightly off-topic question, not necessarily related to this thread: did something close to or somewhat equivalent to an incipient, emerging "celebuscent" phenomenon also during the heyday of dandyism during late 18th century - early 20th century?

I mean, while I know that the historical context was the one of a pre-industrial to early industrial society and mass consumerism, as well as the celebrity cult were by far not so developed, I still believe even then some fragrance houses cashed in on being the official perfumer of that age's Who's Who.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    A slightly off-topic question, not necessarily related to this thread: did something close to or somewhat equivalent to an incipient, emerging "celebuscent" phenomenon also during the heyday of dandyism during late 18th century - early 20th century?

I mean, while I know that the historical context was the one of a pre-industrial to early industrial society and mass consumerism, as well as the celebrity cult were by far not so developed, I still believe even then some fragrance houses cashed in on being the official perfumer of that age's Who's Who.
    I'm fairly certain you're right about this. I know that old ads from British newspapers tout various products such as soaps for being used by royals. I didn't look deeply at this, but I saw a few such instances when researching something else. Primrose? t_g_l?

One thing which surprised me was learning how important fashion was in the Roman empire. I think I must have thought it too frivolous or something - anyway, it surprised me, even if it shouldn't have.