Code of Conduct

Default Powerhouse scents of the 80's/90's:

I'm attracted to the vibe and atmosphere of scents like Drakkar, Red, Quorum, Lagerfeld, Escada, etc., and admire them for their conceptual daring and innovation.

However, I cannot wear just about any on myself, even in small amounts, due to their overpowering strength. I like to smell them on others from a distance.

It's a pity these scents weren't watered in strength, yet still retain their character, so more people could wear them.

Default Re: Powerhouse scents of the 80's/90's:

A tip I picked up here early on in my Basenotes career is to spray a mist into the air and walk through the mist.

That gives you the vibe of the powerhouse without 'dominating the room' afterwards.

This is something I frequently do with M7 and Antaeus, but I still do chest, neck & wrists for these when I think I can get away with it!!!

Sounds like a case for Bigsly's vodka solution! (It might be a half a day or a bit more before Bigsly shows up and can see this.)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

As DustB mentioned, you can use vodka or perfumer's alcohol to dilute it. Another "trick" is to decant it into a small vial, and then you just dab a tiny amount a couple inches above the navel. Keep dabbing more until you figure out how much is too much. However, if you really don't like the frag this doesn't work (I tried it with Kouros and still hated it).

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by liszt View Post
    I'm attracted to the vibe and atmosphere of scents like Drakkar, Red, Quorum, Lagerfeld, Escada, etc., and admire them for their conceptual daring and innovation.

However, I cannot wear just about any on myself, even in small amounts, due to their overpowering strength. I like to smell them on others from a distance.

It's a pity these scents weren't watered in strength, yet still retain their character, so more people could wear them.
    Since you like the smell but not the strength, you may want to "mist" a spray or two and simply walk under it.

Quote Originally Posted by liszt View Post

Actually,these scents were watered...

for a powerhouse 80s scent, I love my Trussardi Uomo, but I've learned that that is one fragrance where I just have to spray it onto my finger and dab here and there around my neck and chest. I would not spray it directly on me in full pumps as I'm sure it would be too overpowering. I have also a mini Trussardi Uomo glass flask that I have in my bag when I wear it to re apply when necessary.

One spray to the middle of your chest, and you'll be fine.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    One spray to the middle of your chest, and you'll be fine.
    What Shamu1 said.

Spraying before wearing clothes will give you a diffused experience all day long: the beauty minus the strength
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!