Code of Conduct

Default I want to blind buy Hypnose Homme by Lancome...Need Help and Opinion?

I want to blind buy Hynose Homme by Lancome, is this a safe blind buy? thanks

Default Re: I want to blind buy Hypnose Homme by Lancome...Need Help and Opinion?

Many here on this board will say that it is not because it's awful. I personally like it and have it. Whether you decide to buy it blindly
    rests solely with you.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: I want to blind buy Hypnose Homme by Lancome...Need Help and Opinion?

Yeah it's safe. I still don't like it though.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

This forum is full of instances of where some people love various scents and others hate them.
    If you dislike very few male scents, most blind buys will be safe.
    If there are lots of scents you don't like, no blind buy will be safe.
    The best stategy if you must buy blind, is to buy cheap.

As for Hypnose Homme itself, I have the EDT version which is a very strong musky oriental - good for going out nights - I wouldn't wear it to work or casually or in hot weather. It reminds me of Nemo.

There is a Hypnose Homme Cologne, which is a different scent altogether. I haven't tried it.
    Renato

I saw where Youtube's Marc recently put Hypnose in his top 10 most complimented, so I wonder if he isn't the inspiration for the sudden interest in this under the radar fragrance. I tested it a long time ago, and liked it initially. After a short while, I kinda grew tired of it. One day at work, I smelled something on a woman that smelled similiar, and that certainly didn't help my opinion. I'd probably chose Miracle over Hypose if given the choice, but Hypnose is kinda different, so at least it isn't generic smelling.

Top notes are good but the base is weak and pathetic. Thinking of selling my bottle...
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Hypnose Homme reminds me a lot of Lacoste Elegant

Honestly, Hypnose use to be one of my favorites, but lately, I don't wear it very often. I use to wear it quite a bit in the spring/summer. Thing about this one is...I think I prefer the top notes to the dry down. The dry down seems kinda cloying at times. But, I would still recommend it, because I realize that I often fall in and out of love with my fragrances. I'm sure one day I'll put it on and enjoy the entire development. Go ahead and buy it. If you don't like it, you won't be out of a whole lot anyways. Let us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I want to blind buy Hynose Homme by Lancome, is this a safe blind buy? thanks
    I wouldn't buy anything blind from Lancome. They make makeup, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoniste View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything blind from Lancome. They make makeup, dude.
    Although they are responsible for a couple exemplary scents for men, namely: Balafre and Sagamore.

Also, Chanel, Guerlain and Estee Lauder are very well known for their cosmetics as well as Lancome, and they create some amazing mens fragrances as well.

Sur la Plage

Why do you want to blind buy this particular fragrance?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I like it alot and would say it was a pretty safe bet

In my opinion, if you like fragrances such as...

D & G Pour Homme
    Versace's The Dreamer
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Tom Ford's Private Blend Tobacco Vanille
    Caron's L'anarchiste
    Burberry's London
    Serge Lutens' Chergui

...then Lanc˘me's Hypn˘se Pour Homme should be a safe blind buy.

The top notes r interesting but the dry down smells a bit fishy and powdery to me. If u can get it for a good price then a blind buy alright I guess.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

man up and blind buy some Xerjoffs

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄źźźźź ăl´ck Ýt ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Hark at you Donald Trump

I used to own Hypnose Homme, and I loved it! If you like bitter lavender and sweetened patchouli, you will like this. The citrus in the topnotes is a bit tough to perceive at first, but once you can smell it, you'll want more. The smoothness of this stuff is very nice from top to bottom. 5 Sprays will last you ALL DAY! I grew tired of the bitter lavender in the heart and soon lost the ability to really distinguish the patchouli, the frag basically became a lavender bomb to my nose... I'm not a lavender fan, so I traded it away. Get it, you will probably like it.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio