Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Request - Allow deleted wall posts to be cleared...

For whatever reason, some people, myself included, might choose to delete a posting off of our profile wall. The problem is, it clearly remains there and the system just states that the posting was deleted by the user... I'm putting in a request here to change that system so the whole post is just removed... the info may be sensitive, it may be boring/junk, it may be inappropriate, whatever the reason, but the user should be able to manage their profile page/wall in my opinion.

Who's with me?!
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Request - Allow deleted wall posts to be cleared...

I agree!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would also like to delete posts from there. A while back there was a dropdown available that gave the choice of deleting any/all posts but employing it didn't delete any. Now there isn't an option, working or not.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! I shut down my wall post page because of this...

There is a bug which I am looking into at the moment, where some members can't delete their posts.

When you do delete your posts - the delete notification is only seen by you, no-one else sees any trace

Post Thanks / Like

^^ ah, ok, so when someone else comes to my page they don't see that the notice of deletion and the post is simply gone?

(I'd still rather I don't have to see all my own notices as well, but if the above is the case then it's most of the way there)
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads