Code of Conduct

Default Request - Allow deleted wall posts to be cleared...

For whatever reason, some people, myself included, might choose to delete a posting off of our profile wall. The problem is, it clearly remains there and the system just states that the posting was deleted by the user... I'm putting in a request here to change that system so the whole post is just removed... the info may be sensitive, it may be boring/junk, it may be inappropriate, whatever the reason, but the user should be able to manage their profile page/wall in my opinion.

Who's with me?!
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Request - Allow deleted wall posts to be cleared...

I agree!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I would also like to delete posts from there. A while back there was a dropdown available that gave the choice of deleting any/all posts but employing it didn't delete any. Now there isn't an option, working or not.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I agree! I shut down my wall post page because of this...

There is a bug which I am looking into at the moment, where some members can't delete their posts.

When you do delete your posts - the delete notification is only seen by you, no-one else sees any trace

^^ ah, ok, so when someone else comes to my page they don't see that the notice of deletion and the post is simply gone?

(I'd still rather I don't have to see all my own notices as well, but if the above is the case then it's most of the way there)
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads