Code of Conduct

Default Can I buy Gucci pour Homme blind? Similarity to Eau des Baux?

Hi everyone. I'm very curious about this one, the notes sound great. I don't mind buying blind, but I wanted to ask if it's similar to l'Occitane Eau des Baux, which I dislike for it's thinness and sharpness. It sounded good on paper but on me it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Can I buy Gucci pour Homme blind? Similarity to Eau des Baux?

try before you buy ,
    as GPH is much drier & not sweet at all , it has a very fresh woody pencil shrapnel note from start to finish .
    I have EDB & find it sweet if overaplied , but not sharp or thin , to my nose its actually quit thick & rich .

To me Gucci ph1 smells like very dry cedar. Not like EdB at all.

Gucci Pour Homme as we all know is a well made fragrance. It's one of the best from the house of Gucci. It's very cedary-ambery-incensy frag. Eau de Baux is incense and cypress. Both are good IMO. However, I find that EdB is easier to wear than Gucci Ph. Both smells good but EdB is more pleasant, if that makes sense.

I find them both quite different. If it's not going to set you back to much, pick it up.

Personally, I would never blind buy this fragrance. It is a love or hate fragrance, and until you have tried it, you do not know which group you are in. Personally, I would never get this fragrance ever, but at least try it before buying it. It is probably not a very safe blind buy, not at all.

While I can't speak to EDB, I can however say that just last night (swear to God) I had the best fragrance compliments of all time wearing Gucci PH at a sweet little wine bar/cafe. The attractive women were delirious over it. They asked for it by name, even said it reminded one of them of living in Paris. They were not drunk or being obnoxious either. I found both of them quite intellectual. One even said she would wear it herself. It definitely has a smoky, dark, incensy vibe to it. Killer longevity and sillage. The over-the-top compliments instantly put it in my top 5.

Gucci PH is one of the gold standards of my collection. Perfect for work, perfect for a night out. It's incredibly well-formulated, and the fact that it's not super-sweet actually adds to its allure and distinguishes it from the pack a bit. That's not to say it's not sweet at all, though. You just wouldn't want to eat it
    Last edited by Rumblefish; 9th February 2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!