Code of Conduct

Default I need to pick one to buy: Bond Chez or Bond New Haarlem

Ok, I tried both of these 2 fragrance from Bond no. 9. Chez and New Haarlem. Now I want to buy one, which one would you buy if you could only buy one? I don't have the cash to buy both. I will buy both by next year, but I want to get one this year. Which one would you buy first?

Default Re: I need to pick one to buy: Bond Chez or Bond New Haarlem

New Haarlem easily, Chez Bond isn't worth the price and is pretty close to Green Irish Tweed which also isn't worth the price though not as well done but, lasts twice as long.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    New Haarlem easily, Chez Bond isn't worth the price and is pretty close to Green Irish Tweed which also isn't worth the price though not as well done but, lasts twice as long.
    I am very close to buying the New Haarlem...It's just a unique scent...I don't see the comparison to Rochas Man... New Haarlem smells much richer, and much better than Rochas man... where can you get it for a good deal?

I would vote the other way - Chez Bond. In fairness, I only sampled it once and it was a little while ago, but I distinctly remember it being one of the best 2 or 3 Bond's I sampled. Also, I didn't find it particularly similar to Green Irish Tweed. (As a reference point, I find Cool Water very similar, if not inferior)

I thought New Haarlem was nice enough, just several fragrances of that type I personally like better (Rochas Man, Pure Malt)

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I am very close to buying the New Haarlem...It's just a unique scent...I don't see the comparison to Rochas Man... New Haarlem smells much richer, and much better than Rochas man... where can you get it for a good deal?
    http://www.beautyencounter.com/890766173502.html

Free shipping + join their mail list to get a 10% off coupon.

New Haarlem

Ok, I'm leaning toward New Haarlem...any more thoughts? Chez or New Haarlem?

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post

Why the eye roll?
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post

Why the eye roll?
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Between the two, I'd pick Chez Bond mainly because I see it as a more versatile scent that can be used for all occassions, be it work, casual wear, etc. Although I can appreciate New Haarlem, I see it as strictly a casual/night scent. Also, as the weather gets warmer, Chez Bond will much easier to wear than New Haarlem.

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    Between the two, I'd pick Chez Bond mainly because I see it as a more versatile scent that can be used for all occassions, be it work, casual wear, etc. Although I can appreciate New Haarlem, I see it as strictly a casual/night scent. Also, as the weather gets warmer, Chez Bond will much easier to wear than New Haarlem.
    I thought of that too...New Haarlem is an occasion wear...I really like the clean smell of Chez and very versatile like what you said.. the only set back is that it smells so similar to GIT and Cool Water... but much more clean and up to date... Can you tell the difference between Chez, GIT and Cool Water? Which one do you like better? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I thought of that too...New Haarlem is an occasion wear...I really like the clean smell of Chez and very versatile like what you said.. the only set back is that it smells so similar to GIT and Cool Water... but much more clean and up to date... Can you tell the difference between Chez, GIT and Cool Water? Which one do you like better? thanks
    The age old question!

You'll see that this has been asked many times here. Personally, I like GIT of the three as it lasts the longest on me. If you gave me 3 test strips and told me each was a different scent, I would probably be able to tell the difference. If I just ran into you on the street, I probably wouldn't be able to tell, depending on how long ago you applied the scent. The big differences to me are hours into the scent, where Cool Water will no longer smell of anything, Chez Bond will still smell the same, and GIT has its ambergris emerge.

One more thing about GIT, however, is I've obtained three different decants, and all three have smelled slightly different. I've seen a lot of variation, and I don't know if it's because of differences in the Creed batches, or if some decants were sourced from discounters that didn't store the fragrance properly. One was from a scentmonkey split, which I didn't care for at all. If you search, you'll probably see threads on this topic as well.

Sur la Plage

New Haarlem - hands down
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

New Haarlem, smells like pancakes, who doesn't like pancakes?
    Check this guy out

*http://www.thecolognereview.com*

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    Why the eye roll?
    Oh, it's more of a "what I posted above."

Blog Entries

New Haarlem is the best Bond No.9 fragrance IMO.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I'd pick Chez Bond , only because that smell is just pure class. But New Harleem smells better.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

seems like a 50/50 now... half is for Chez and half is for New Haarlem

Lol get the 50ml of both =] they are both very diff fragrances used in diff weather/conditions/events etc.
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

New Haarlem

I prefer New Haarlem

I have a Love both.....I would pick Chez Bond because there are more occasions in my life where this is a better choice.....New Haarlem is a fantastic fragrance for sure.....I just have more uses for Chez Bond!!!
    Gary

I was recently debating the exact issue last week. I sampled and loved both, but could only afford one. I went with chez bond because of the versatility. Which did you end up buying?

Although not a big fan of this house of these 2 New Haarlem is more original and superior...

Quote Originally Posted by JB2732 View Post
    I was recently debating the exact issue last week. I sampled and loved both, but could only afford one. I went with chez bond because of the versatility. Which did you end up buying?
    I went with New Haarlem
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

New Haarlem

I'd pick Chez Bond anytime.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Banned

new harlem

Buy new harlem now!

How about a 50ml of each? I have Chez Bond and I think its first impression is better than its lasting appeal. That said it's a good fragrance and worth it if you want something of a little better quality for business/work. So I suppose I'd be going for New Haarlem but it is less versatile.