Code of Conduct

Exclamation Apres L'Ondee vs Liu - advice needed

Ladies and gents, please help me decide which purchase to make...

I know that Liu was resurrected for a short time in the 90's, and Apres L'Ondee was also part of the Guerlain perfume portfolio then.

My question is, if you came across ONE LAST BOTTLE of each left on the shop shelf (a 93ml refill EDT), which would you be inclined purchase?

My sister in law who lives abroad is faced with this dilemma at this very minute, and hasn't enough cash on her to buy both!

Thanks

EDITED as there was an error with the particular flacon originally described.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 30th January 2011 at 07:34 AM.

Default Re: Apres L'Ondee vs Liu - advice needed

Well I own the 93mls edt sizes in both. Infact I have two bottles of Apres one refill, one in the gold container. So I would go for another bottle of Liu.

Honestly it depends on what you prefer? Apres L'Ondee is all powdery heliotrope, not bad sillage for a edt. Liu is aldehydic floral in the vein of No5, more powdery does not have the sharp feel of No5.

Apres L'Ondee is still available on counters in the newer bottle glass with bees on it. Not sure how much damage LVHM have done reformulating it as I never sniffed it in this bottle.
    DONNA

Liu is wonderful, and if I saw a bottle in a shop I wouldn't be able to leave without it. OTOH, all of my morals would go out the window if I found an older bottle of Apres l'Ondee

Donna & Sean, thank you for your opinions. 121 views to date and only 2 responses... so thanks again for taking a moment.

She went with Liu... only because it will be an interesting exercise to compare it to the "50s" vintage, and the modern Les Parisiennes formula. She and I both are still kicking ourselves over the Apres L'Ondee though... maybe she can return to get that another day....

Congratulations on her Liu. Fingers crossed the Apres L'Ondee will still be waiting for her.
    DONNA

Thank you Donna

Congrats on your sis's purchase! The 93EDT Al'O and Liu are preforumulation and both are great buys, so she couldn't go wrong either way. I've read that Liu was once a bit drier and retained more vetiver and somehow related to the long-gone Djedi. I've only smelt the Les Parisienne Liu and found it too similar to Chanel 5; it was nothing like Djedi in anyway shape or form. Vega on the other hand is like the love child of Chanel 5 parfum and Vol de Nuit extrait! Al'O on the other hand had a bit more depth and richness; but I find the current EDT perfectly fine

Blog Entries

Liu is beautiful. Good choice.