Code of Conduct

Default Fragance for occasions

Hi guys. I'm new here and well, I have a dilema. I am looking for a scent for a night out or a date - let's say for occasions. So I was reading a bit of this forum like also the Fragrantica one. I kinda made something of a list with some posibilities and I would appreciate if you could give me some pice of advice, which to choose. It's rather for a cold weather, but if it's for all seasons so be it (maybe its even better).
    I am planning between:
    1. Givenchy Xeyrus Rouge (or Pi)
    2. YSL Opium pour homme (or Body Kouros)
    3. Moschino Uomo?
    4. CH Herrera for men (maybe Chic)
    I also taking into consideration such ones like Gucci Envy, Rochas Men. And well if you have some other suggestions please do not hesitate in sharing them.
    I know this question is kind of silly, because everyone has different tastes and I know that many of these scents are different from each other, but its hard to decide which one is more adecuate.
    P.S. Sorry for my English. It's not my first language.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Fragance for occasions

Welcome! Your English is just fine.

I would recommend sampling Dior Homme.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Welcome to Basenotes! Personally, I love Rochas Man. It smells like coffee and pure sugar, and it is similar to Bond No.9 New Haarlem. Pi by Givenchy is also a good option. I am not sure how old you are, but a lot of people are saying that Givenchy Pi is for old people. It also is a top seller, which might make you less original. YSL Body Kouros is a nice fragrance as well. Really, although you did not include it in your list, I would strongly recommend trying YSL La Nuit DE l'Homme. People also say that this fragrance is for an older gentleman, but it is one of my favorites and would recommend checking it out. I hope that this was helpful.

Thanks you guys for replying. I'm 21, so if Givenchy Pi is rather for old people its definitely not for me I will try to sniff La Nuit De l'Homme on the next visit to the store. The same goes with Dior Homme. But its very probable that I will choose Rochas. I have heared many positive opinions about it and its notes apply to me. But like the others, first I have to try it.
    Last edited by oscar89; 30th January 2011 at 01:28 PM.

From your list, I think Chic is ok.

From the ones you mentioned, I would probably go with Rochas Man. Girls at my work love this one. Now, I would follow that with Body Kouros, and lastly probably Givenchy Pi.
    However, as some guys already mentioned, You probably should sample Dior Homme, the YSL option L'homme da Nuit. Other options, Versache Eau Fraiche, Versace Homme, Burberry London, Issey Miyake L'eau de Issey, Polo Blue, Polo Black, Polo double black, Armani Code, Amen, Lolita Lempicka, Chrome, Chrome Legend, Bvlgari Aqva, etc. It really depends on you taste. To me all of these were great choices until I discovered the Niche world. I only joined this site almost a year ago and went crazy buying stuff. Now, I have to tone it down and be more selective.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

DeepSilence

Welcome to the Basenotes
    Rochas men is creamy with coffee smell and a bit spicy(I don't have it at the moment). It has very good longevity and it's a good choice for date and night out.
    Opium PH is a dark floral sweet fragrance, and it's one of my favourite fragrances.
    CH by Carolina Herrera: Floral spicy with leather base. IMO it's not ok for date and night out; forget it completely.
    Xeryus Rouge: A masculine fruity acrid. I don't like it.
    Another fragrances that you mentioned, I have not tried.

While I pretty much like all the ones you mentioned, for going out at night, I think your top 3 are:

1) Rochas Man
    2) Body Kouros
    3) Gucci Envy

I actually personally like Envy better than BK, but I'm like 15 years older, so it's more of an age compatability thing.

fountain

body kouros

Body Kouros

YSL Opium pour homme (or Body Kouros) These are both good choices.

YSL Opium pour homme
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I'm in the Rochas man camp, if you like it, I think it's great. Also a fan of Pi, I don't think it's necessarily for an older person, could easily be pulled off by a 21 year old. I haven't tried many of the other recommendations, so I can't offer an opinion on them.