Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default SOTD Tuesday 01 February 2011

Morning! It's very cold here and I would much rather be in bed!

Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: SOTD Tuesday 01 February 2011

Good morning. Miserable weather here too and had to get up early to see SO off on a work trip...feeling hard done by today.
    Wearing Cinéma by YSL. That'll cheer me up.

Hello all. I am wearing Le Dix, just feel like some violets today.
    DONNA

I shall join devilcat in Cinema today. My husband has also been on a trip
    to France for work and I too am feeling slightly jealous! I find Cinema to be
    a very people friendly scent, as well as loving the almond note in it.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Good morning. I'm wearing vintage Miss Dior in EdT - lovely, but I find it surprisingly quiet and fleeting after the wonderful opening. That may be a good thing, I don't feel compelled to haunt Ebay for more.

Good morning,

Montblanc Individuel

Indult Isvaraya.

Healing thoughts to Kiliwia and Mimi.

Hugs to everyone.

Encre Noire.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

D&G By Man.

Hope you are feeling better today Shoegal.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is L'Artisan L'Eau du Navagateur - just waiting for the blizzard to hit St. Louis.

Notes include bergamot, galbanum, coffee liquor, cinnamon, cedar, incense, opoponax and leather.

Last edited by petruccijc; 1st February 2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Twolf! My finger is doing much better and I have had meds to bring down the swelling. I hope Kiliwia and Shoegal are feeling better too.

Estee Lauder 's Tuberose Gardenia EDP today.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Good morning everyone I woke up by an sms from a friend that sits in the Board of a Festival in Tromsø. I couldn't believe her at first,but NICK CAVE is one of the headliners ,this year ,with his sideproject , Grinderman. I'm sitting here can't stop grining and bouncing of joy! First thing I did afterwards was getting a ticket. Healing thoughts to everyone that needs one Sotd is a real DIVA, Fracas

Body Shop Love Etc. Spray layered over a swipe of the solid waxy version (very cute and got it for $5). It's a happy smell, I like the EDP much better than the solid, which is kind of resolutely fruity and a little sour, but together they are plenty nice. And the little tin was just so cute:

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotD - Chanel N°22

Today I'm spraying the very first sprays from my new Chanel 31 rue Cambon. When I first opened this last week, my very first thought was "it's so tiny!" Just goes to show the perspective developed after handling the 200ml bottles for so long A 75ml bottle is "tiny" now.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Tuesday 01 February 2011

Jean - François Laporte's

PARFUM D' HABIT

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

We may be cranking up for a storm of "historic" proportions but I am going the opposite direction with my fragrance by wearing AG's Eau d'Hadrien edp today. Check out my thread under Fragrance Industry, to see what happened when contacted AG about my faulty sprayer.

Joe, I just talked to my husband in STL, he made it to his job site but admitted most of the streets were "downtown". (Not sure what that means, except I guess there were clear enough to navigate.) He said it's getting slippery now & he's planning to leave early. You guys be safe! 1/2 1" of ice forcast for your area. BTW, Indie_guy's in STL too.

Who else is in Missouri, Oklahoma, Illinois, Ohio or any of the other 30 + states effected by this storm? Let us know how your doing.
    Last edited by RHM; 1st February 2011 at 01:56 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hello everyone!

I'm in Roberto Cavalli's Oro this morning - perfect for shoveling!

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Storm going on here as well; more snow days (no school) today and tomorrow, and I'll bet a delayed opening Thursday.
    I 'm going to go cut my hair now, and then I'll decide on a scent!

Guerlain's Derby, a Les Parisiennes bottle from 2005. I almost prefer its refinement to the danker aged original.

Sprayed on some Habit Rouge to have coffee with (that sounds weird--I didn't pour the HR into the coffee!). Later I will have to find something cheery. We will NOT be getting the snow, but maybe some bad thunderstorms. It is still very gloomy, but that's better than snow and ice. All of you in the path of the storm, keep us posted.

Basenotes Plus

Joining Petruccijc in L'Artisan Parfumeur - Nuit de Tubereuse for me. I love it so.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Guerlain Derby.

Bois des Iles today - trying to figure out these exclusives from Chanel. This is only my second wearing, and having a hard time teasing it apart. Does it have some similarities to No.5 that I'm picking up? It's also striking me as in the same family as the Cashmere Mist from yesterday. I'm still in the top notes, so maybe that's just an initial similarity.

It's hard to spray enough to get an accurate idea of the scent as it unfolds, and not too much to irritate your co-workers! :P

In Jacques Bogart's Arabian Nights this morning.

My welcome mat this morning:

And this is pretty much exactly what I'm seeing out my front door. (from the 1 minute mark or so on, and there's actually more snow on the ground today. I know, I'm a "weather wimp." I'm not going to re-shoot this year's.)

Last edited by actiasluna; 1st February 2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Be safe and warm all you Basenoters in this new winter storm's path. Think about moving to south Florida. 75 F, clear and sunny right now. We need an influx of home buyers down here. Sure, we have a few teeny, tiny hurricanes every so often, but who remembers that during and after a blizzard!

Worth pour Homme (vintage) today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Rub it in, willya? (and he says... "pass the suntan lotion and I will...")

I'll take the occasional blizzard and tornado over hurricane weather, frankly.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

Healing thoughts to everyone in need! And be safe to everyone in an icy situation!

Scent twins with Mr. G and Sean with Derby! My Les Parisienne bottle has the brown ribbon which makes it smell even better LOL!

Forgot to spritz but found a decant of Eau de Reglisse in my purse. We got less than an inch of snow, I have to say I'm disappointed. I mean it is 10*F and colder with the wind chill and the roads are icy, but where is the snow? We have had one of the driest winters in my lifetime. The trees are confused and already getting buds, the rose bushes have been turning green for a couple of weeks already.

Blog Entries

Done with my haircut and feeling more chipper; have sprayed on Laura Ashley No. 1, am baking bread and making chicken soup and NOT looking forward to clearing more snow this afternoon.

I got yer snow right here jacona. (we need the moisture too... have been in grassfire weather for a month) Would send some your way if you like! It's coming down in big flakes right now... is supposed to subside somewhat this afternoon but will be inching toward 0º F with below-zero wind chills (heck, they're already -13 and it's 10ºF out like it is there.)

It must be a huge storm front across America. I have relatives in Seattle, Nebraska, Missouri, and Boston, and everybody is trapped by snow and ice. Some people doubt global warming is occurring, saying, "How can we get all that cold weather if the Earth is getting hotter?" Here is an explanation I read: The melting of the polar ice cap has lowered the atmospheric barrier that usually keeps cold air from the North Pole from moving southward.

Today I wear the green chypre Ayalitta, by Ayala Moriel. Lots of galbanum, neroli, and clary sage make it smell like live plants with flowers. After the fresh opening, a nice combination of rose and amber linger. It's much too complex to describe all the notes, which work together in synergy to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.

AM: Poison by Dior
    PM: Obsession by Calvin Klein

DeepSilence

Hello All
    Zino by Davidoff

Miller et Bertaux ~ Spiritus/Land # 2 (sample)

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Escada pour Homme.

I'm in rebellion of the blizzard and in winter denial with OJ Frangipani!!!

Stay safe and warm!

Hot chocolate all around..

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Ahoy, my lovelies!

Today an awesome day I had!! *Yoda mode on*

No, seriously... I was overwhelmed with goodies from the ever lovely Evangeline... And was wearing No. 5 body lotion with Eau Premiere (this needs further sampling... so far, it's good) which I STILL can smell on me even though I applied it this morning at 8 AM (it's 7.30 PM right now)... I'm most impressed!!

Have a great day for those starting it and I hope you had a great one for those ending it...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Be safe and warm all you Basenoters in this new winter storm's path. Think about moving to south Florida. 75 F, clear and sunny right now. We need an influx of home buyers down here. Sure, we have a few teeny, tiny hurricanes every so often, but who remembers that during and after a blizzard!

Worth pour Homme (vintage) today
    he he...substitute Earthquakes for hurricanes and you took the words right outta my mouth kbe

Seriously, everyone in the storm areas stay safe and warm.

My SOTD is Mariella Burani which I bought blind last year due to ubuandibeme's review. Mighty fine.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Another shot of
    the dark chypre,
    Party in Manhattan.

SOTD Andrée Putman Préparation Parfumée

It's a great match for the gray day - expecting some high winds later today.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Inspired by media maven actiasluna, I grabbed my little camera and went out to do a weather report from the front porch:

Still playing around with ambery Attache-Moi, which is growing on me.

Shades, yes, fill your prescription. One of the selling points my doc related to me when advising me to bring my vitamin D levels into normal range is that it can be a mood elevator. Although I can find no supportive literature, I've ceased experiencing restless leg syndrome over the past few weeks, and the hair loss I suffered in the fall as stopped. Menopause could also be a factor. I see no downside to taking the prescription-strength doses. Going on OTC dose hereafter.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

This evening I'm wearing FRACAS
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Fighting a head cold and a crazy day at work in Bandit today.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Today I wear the green chypre Ayalitta, by Ayala Moriel. Lots of galbanum, neroli, and clary sage make it smell like live plants with flowers. After the fresh opening, a nice combination of rose and amber linger. It's much too complex to describe all the notes, which work together in synergy to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
    purplebird, I LOVE this one!

Q- ohthatwassocool!!!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Ooh Quarry, I LOVE your wood stove and your vintage cooker as well! Nice to hear your voice, too, and see Mr. Q! Hmm... Payne & Dolan... that quarry there for roadbed materials? (I think I remember their name as a paving contractor from when I was working at CMI doing their quarterly paving magazines)

I finally got myself together today, and I'm wearing Quartz by Molyneux, a recent purchase. I'm so glad I finally ordered it. It is a citrus-floral-fruity-chypre, summer in a bottle, with a pleasing balance of sweetness and crisp acidity, like a lovely Pinot Gris. Kbe has me on wine/perfume connections now. It's all his fault.

Sending ((hugs)) and Kisses to everybody with boo-boos and ailments. Stay safe and warm, all.

Blog Entries

Shoveling's done for another day. Part 2 hits tonight: freezing rain and ice.

One day at a time, folks. That is how to get through it.

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

POISON

Modern Eau de Toilette

Started the day in Calamity J, now switching to test another amber, Brecourt's Ambre Noir - lots of soft 'chouli in this!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Basenotes Plus

Quarry, Sofie & I enjoyed watching your video. She said: "your dog is so cute!"

I put on Chanel No 5 edt but Sofie really dislikes it. So I scrubbed it off & applied Robert Piguet's VISA, her favorite. School was dismissed early today due to the weather. Judging by the most recent forecast calling for an "ice storm", I don't think she will be having school tomorrow.

My husband called it an early day in St Louis. He's working from the apartment.

We just took a pizza out of the oven & intend to sit down & enjoy it.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

This afternoon I'm in Fumerie Turque, inspired by a missive from Primrose and by someone else either here or on FB, I don't recall which. I'm happy because I thought I'd lost the little decant, and rediscovered it hiding, huddled together with another misplaced decant of Coromandel (doing happy dance that they were not lost). I think that Coromandel and FT are siblings from different fathers, so it makes sense they'd be spending time together in the back of the frag cabinet.

Oh my, so much snow... you all will think I'm crazy but I'm actually going to seek some out, going to the mountains in a couple weeks. Haven't been in the snow in over ten years! Watching those windy videos (great videos, you two) reminds me...ummm... yikes, it's actually going to be cold, isn't it?!

Guerlain Rose Barbare today.

Hello all! Not too much to report. I hope you all stay warm and safe in the icky weather. I'm enjoying my Shaal Nur today.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Oh my, so much snow... you all will think I'm crazy but I'm actually going to seek some out, going to the mountains in a couple weeks. Haven't been in the snow in over ten years! Watching those windy videos (great videos, you two) reminds me...ummm... yikes, it's actually going to be cold, isn't it?!

Guerlain Rose Barbare today.
    Nice! (I have a teensy decant, not yet tried.) Ya know, there IS a good chance it WILL be cold in them there hills!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Nice to hear your voice, too, and see Mr. Q! Hmm... Payne & Dolan... that quarry there for roadbed materials? (I think I remember their name as a paving contractor from when I was working at CMI doing their quarterly paving magazines)
    "Nice to hear your voice"—See, that's what got me so excited about your video, too. (We don't have accents, do we?)
    Strange, small world—Yes! Payne & Dolan/Waukesha Lime & Stone/Zenith Tech — roadbed materials, road building and bridge building.

I keep dabbing Attache-Moi. Olivia said this stuff is addictive, and I scoffed. Yet, here I go dipping and dabbing again.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm wearing JPG Classique EDP today.

Not sure how much snow we actually got here, it feels like the same several inches were rearanged several times throughout the day by the 40 mph winds! I fought snow drifts on my trip home from work, got stuck in the parking lot and again in our driveway. It's dang cold too!

Take care everyone! Stay safe and warm ...

My SOTE.....Riverside Drive by Bond No.9
    Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Christian Audigier Ed Hardy Man tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon