Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Is Strawberrynet.com a reputable seller?

I've purchased a few items with no problems whatsoever. It would be econonically suicidal for a major player to deal in any counterfeit merchandise.

Martin

I can't believe they just spiked up their prices. I was going to order a backup bottle of L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme and noticed that it is now $78, which before was only $63.

Blog Entries

Price increases are often shocking, but what can you do? For something as elusive as LIDGE, it is difficult to find a big discount. It depends on how badly you want it.

By the way, I have been watching one of their special deals--50ml of the Homme EDP for about $45 (the prices I see are in yen). It seems quite cheap. I bought another one that seemed really cheap-- Michael for Men. It has the serial number scraped off the bottle, although I can't detect any problem with the quality. Other stuff I bought at less of a discount have their numbers intact. So, yes, I would say they have various sources at various levels of legitimacy. If you are looking for a high-quality frag, it can be counterproductive to be too concerned about discounts.

Blog Entries

I think SB Net is especially useful for those outside the US or EU. International shipments of perfume are difficult for security reasons. That is probably why SBN doesn't want to deal with returns. It may be difficult or impossible for the buyer to reship perfumes. For something shipped within the destination country, it can be very quick--that is what lots of Americans are used to. But for international shipments, there are factors, like customs clearance, that can be tricky to predict. Living in Japan, I appreciate SBN because they have lots of stuff that is not available here. As someone noted, you just need to order one non-fragrance item to get free shipping. I don't think any of the other major frag operations offer free shipment internationally. As for communications, I have had my e-mails answered within an hour as a rule. So the conclusion is, if your country has a major mail-order operator, probably SBN will not be as good in terms of price and speedy delivery. For others, it can be a valuable resource.

Used them many times and always happy. Packing is nicely done and they are fast. Free shipping as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Used them many times and always happy. Packing is nicely done and they are fast. Free shipping as well.

Don't know yet. I ordered a 100ml of Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir. The item was supposedly sent out on 12-12-12. Haven't received yet. So at least I know their delivery time is not too good. As far as the product, I can't confirm yet.

HK post goes to hell leading up to xmas. I would expect 6 week backlog.

Thanks for that info!
    Quote Originally Posted by nowlan View Post
    HK post goes to hell leading up to xmas. I would expect 6 week backlog.

Products are fine, delivery can be a bit of a pain. Make sure you get it delivered to work or somewhere where someone will be in.

Im in Australia and my orders from them have always arrived within 4 or 5 workng days. Extremely happy with their service so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    I don't think any of the other major frag operations offer free shipment internationally.
    First in Fragrance in Germany offers free international tracked shipping with purchases over 450 Euros.

So, I just checked the status of my order that I placed a little over 2 weeks ago. My tracking number is in this format:

RR296000447FJ

I did some googling and learned that the FJ in the end actually means that it's coming from Fiji. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
    Yes, quite reputable. Their regular prices are nothing to write home about, but their specials are often quite good (or at-least comparable with other good discount online retailers). They seem to offer free shipping if you buy at-least one non-fragrance item, so for my last order they waived the $10 shopping fee because I added an $8 lip-gloss. I won't tell my fiancée that it cost me $-2.
    Thats why im always waiting for their specials, when they do have them, they are usually quite good. I didnt make many purchases over all tho cannot give a complete thumbs up.
    winter: Body Kouros
    summer : guerlain vetiver

Just an update... I received my order exactly 3 weeks after placing it. Not really a big deal. I'm just glad it got here in one piece.

Are their Creeds original as well?

Basenotes Member

Hi,
    I'm new to fragrances and this wonderful community. I've a small collection and have bought everything inside India only.
    But, the prices here are very high and choices low. So, I'm considering getting fragrances shipped from outside India.

The only thing that has stopped me from doing so is the customs. I don't know if, I order from outside the country, my shipment will reach me.

My question is - how is StrawBerryNet helpful in that regard? Have any of you had your shipments stuck at customs so that they never reached you?
    If so, is there a way around it?

Thanks.

While I was visiting Greece recently I purchased three cosmetic products of the French company Caudalie from the Greek e-tailer PHARMACY4LIFE altogether worth the bargain price of approx. 48€. I used the shipping option of payment upon delivery. In just two working days I received my purchase loaded with free samples at my door step by a currier and paid the total sum of only 50€. Price, service and delivery wise my experience with this Greek e-tailer was much better compared to what I have had from Strawberry net in the past.
    The Strawberry net staff who responded to my consequent complaint about the high price of the same products claimed that the Greek e-tailer doesn't provide free international shipping and therefore dismissed my complaint. But while being in Greece I got the opportunity to get advantage of the very low prices and expedient delivery of a national e-tailer whose offers and shipping prices combined were considerably superior when compared to the Greek site of Strawberry net. The fact that the Greek e-tailer does not provide free international shipping has no relevance to residents or visitors of Greece. So insisting on Strawberry's free shipping is just a technicality that suits them in order to tergiversate and keep on charging us higher prices.
    I have decided that Strawberry net is not a consumer friendly e-tailer despite it's huge size which could afford it to be truly the most competitive international e-tailer. In the future I will use Strawberry net only when there comes a special offer (skincare or fragrance) but never otherwise. I simply don't buy the company's claim about the lowest price and free international shipping, and I am not and haven't been satisfied with their costumer care.
    Sincerely!

My only concern with this seller is the time it takes for the merchandise to arrive. Other than that - no problems.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.