Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Looks like the old bottles just say Quorum, then there's a line, then Eau de Toilette right underneath, then Antonio Puig across the bottom (of the bottle). The newer ones say 3.4 or 1.7 and also list the alcohol content. The old boxes have a Navajo rug type design, whereas the new boxes are less decorative, simple, and rather abstract (they don't look like anything in particular). Do I have this right?
    Last edited by Bigsly; 31st January 2011 at 10:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,361
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Yes, that's a correct description. I thought the old boxes were actually nice looking. I don't think the actual bottle itself has changed though.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    20160707_155622.jpg
    These are the first 3 versions. The current 4rth one's vapo is flatter and silver.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Junkie CollectorCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    713

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemmb1 View Post
    20160707_155622.jpg
    These are the first 3 versions. The current 4rth one's vapo is flatter and silver.
    Jealous
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    277,022

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Always had a memorable looking box. Unfortunately in my experience more memorable than the scent.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CollectorCT View Post
    Jealous
    Yes, me too!
    Had a few bottles of Quorum over the years.
    First bought it 27 years ago.
    I have the current formulation and whilst it's a still a great fragrance, it definitely doesn't have the same longevity it once had.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkle Punkle View Post
    Yes, me too!
    Had a few bottles of Quorum over the years.
    First bought it 27 years ago.
    I have the current formulation and whilst it's a still a great fragrance, it definitely doesn't have the same longevity it once had.
    My father wears the modern version post 2010. Though it definitedly smells harsher than say the old 125ml, I find it a great scent with a marvelous performance. It's one on its own. IMHO, The vintage combines some aspects I like from Xeryus, pour homme by Van Cleef and even Bogart by Jacques Bogart. Yet more velvety and a bit more citric on the top, if specialy compared with the first two.

    Maybe the best Puig fragrance for men?
    The good thing is that the vintage version it's not expensive ☺
    Last edited by bluemmb1; 12th July 2016 at 03:10 PM. Reason: making myself more clear

  8. #8
    Super Member calitrav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Reviving this old thread to ask if anyone cares to guess what year or decade a vintage bottle of Quorum is if it's a 1.7 ounce splash bottle of EDT?

    I just got 2 of them in the mail from the same seller on ebay. The boxes look identical to the ones pictured above (but a bit smaller).

    The sticker on the bottom of the bottle says:

    PUIG
    Barcelona Paris New York
    Made in Spain - 85% Vol
    1.7 FL OZ. - 50 ml

    There appears to be a batch code stamped on at the bottom, but damned if I can read it
    This is my Opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Currently wearing: British Sterling by Dana

  9. #9

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by calitrav View Post
    Reviving this old thread to ask if anyone cares to guess what year or decade a vintage bottle of Quorum is if it's a 1.7 ounce splash bottle of EDT?

    I just got 2 of them in the mail from the same seller on ebay. The boxes look identical to the ones pictured above (but a bit smaller).

    The sticker on the bottom of the bottle says:

    PUIG
    Barcelona Paris New York
    Made in Spain - 85% Vol
    1.7 FL OZ. - 50 ml

    There appears to be a batch code stamped on at the bottom, but damned if I can read it
    Could you post a picture of the bottles?

  10. #10
    Super Member calitrav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemmb1 View Post
    Could you post a picture of the bottles?
    Sure, they look like this:

    Quorumbottles.jpg

    It's possible the date is on the bottom of the boxes, but store clerks stuck a bar-code label onto the left-hand side of the bottom of both the boxes.

    Front of the box says:

    QUORUM
    eau de toilette
    for men
    Antonio Puig
    e 50ml 1.7 FL OZ

    Back of the box says:

    INGREDIENTS:
    ALCOHOL, WATER, FRAGRANCE
    ALCOHOL OF NATURAL ORIGIN

    Top of the box says:

    eau de toilette
    para hombre
    pour homme
    This is my Opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Currently wearing: British Sterling by Dana

  11. #11
    Super Member calitrav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Shoot, double-posted and can't delete this for some reason
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by calitrav; 9th February 2019 at 01:34 AM. Reason: accidental double-post
    This is my Opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Currently wearing: British Sterling by Dana

  12. #12

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    It looks like it might be the second version, though it's not definitive. I say so, because the first version splash bottles wear a big PUIG in the bottom front of the bottle while the second version holds the Antonio Puig label instead of the PUIG. Anyway, it could be aswell one of the late first version bottles. Somewhere between the late 80s and the early 90s. Nevertheless, probably in the bottom of the bottle you'll find a brown sticker with a 4 digit batch code, being the first number the year of manufacturer. Then it would be somewhere during the 90s. If instead of the sticker, you find some letters engraved, it means that the bottle is post 2000.

  13. #13
    Super Member calitrav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemmb1 View Post
    It looks like it might be the second version, though it's not definitive. I say so, because the first version splash bottles wear a big PUIG in the bottom front of the bottle while the second version holds the Antonio Puig label instead of the PUIG. Anyway, it could be aswell one of the late first version bottles. Somewhere between the late 80s and the early 90s. Nevertheless, probably in the bottom of the bottle you'll find a brown sticker with a 4 digit batch code, being the first number the year of manufacturer. Then it would be somewhere during the 90s. If instead of the sticker, you find some letters engraved, it means that the bottle is post 2000.
    Thanks for your time, I wonder if they're the 2nd version?

    The batch code appears to be stamped into the sticker...or maybe it's engraved in the bottle and pushing through the sticker?

    Puigbottlesbottom.jpg

    I think the codes read as 2MO2 and 2MD2. Checkfresh.com says they're a 2012 batch, but it also says the batch codes repeat every 10 years, so 2002, 1992, 1982 could be possibilities.

    One of the boxes originally sold for $26.99 if that's any clue...
    Last edited by calitrav; 10th February 2019 at 05:27 AM.
    This is my Opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Currently wearing: British Sterling by Dana

  14. #14

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by calitrav View Post
    ...... Checkfresh.com says they're a 2012 batch, but it also says the batch codes repeat every 10 years, so 2002, 1992, 1982 could be possibilities.

    One of the boxes originally sold for $26.99 if that's any clue...
    I'd say 1992.

    Yes, Quorum was relatively more expensive back in the day. More expensive than now, I mean.
    Last edited by Unkle Punkle; 2nd March 2019 at 07:33 AM. Reason: adding info

  15. #15
    New Member badansdill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Update question to this thread:
    I scored 2 tester bottles of Quorum on eBay this week, they are packaged in the white box identical
    to the ones shown in the photo at top of thread. I see oakmoss and treemoss listed on ingredients,
    gotta be from between 2005 and maybe 2010. Anybody have an idea of when this juice was made?
    Thanks!
    Currently wearing: Joop! Homme by Joop!

  16. #16
    Dependent Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,231

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by calitrav View Post
    Thanks for your time, I wonder if they're the 2nd version?

    The batch code appears to be stamped into the sticker...or maybe it's engraved in the bottle and pushing through the sticker?

    Puigbottlesbottom.jpg

    I think the codes read as 2MO2 and 2MD2. Checkfresh.com says they're a 2012 batch, but it also says the batch codes repeat every 10 years, so 2002, 1992, 1982 could be possibilities.

    One of the boxes originally sold for $26.99 if that's any clue...
    Yeah, I concur with Unkle Punkle. It's 2nd generation and therefore 1992. Very nice. I own a 125ml 1st gen. tester but don't think there's a dogtag (sticker) on bottom, so don't know the age myself. I love the big chunky sprayers on those old ones.
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

  17. #17
    Dependent Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,231

    Default Re: Difference between vintage and new Quorum bottles/boxes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by badansdill View Post
    Update question to this thread:
    I scored 2 tester bottles of Quorum on eBay this week, they are packaged in the white box identical
    to the ones shown in the photo at top of thread. I see oakmoss and treemoss listed on ingredients,
    gotta be from between 2005 and maybe 2010. Anybody have an idea of when this juice was made?
    Thanks!
    Post a pic of the goodies if you can, and let's take a look at 'em
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!




Similar Threads

  1. Boxes for perfume bottles
    By aromagal in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26th June 2015, 02:46 PM
  2. Hugo Boss Sport:different bottles,different boxes...
    By discovolante in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th January 2012, 10:07 AM
  3. Collecting Bottles W/O Boxes
    By jcastano in forum Perfume Bottle Collecting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th August 2010, 11:11 PM
  4. Any Pictorial Resources for Perfume Bottles/Boxes?
    By Hoos in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd July 2008, 05:47 PM
  5. Bottles and Boxes
    By ninamichaela in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th September 2006, 01:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000