Code of Conduct

Default Ouarzazate Comme des Garcons

I have not read even one negative report, commentary or review for this fragrance!!
    I have not tried it yet, but is it really that good? Or is it just overrated?
    Last edited by sailim; 1st February 2011 at 03:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ouarzazate Comme des Garcons

I tried it a few times and loved it. Very heady.

Post Thanks / Like

All the CdG incense series are very good. I've gone through phases where I preferred Kyoto, then Avignon, then Ouarzazate and now my favorite is Jaisalmer. Just give it a try but you can get a good idea from how it smells reading the description and reviews on Luckyscent.

I love all the CdG Incense Series scents, but Ouarzazate is my favorite (and the only one I own a full bottle of); to me it's more complex than the others and reads as more than just an "incense" fragrance, though as with all the frags in this line the longevity leaves something to be desired.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the line overall. For me the standout was Avignon, although I ended up getting the bottle of Kyoto. They're all good though, so Ouarzazate and Jaisalmer for example also get good reviews. I think you'll be happy with any of them.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Incense series and loved Quarzazate the best. All incense and stewed figs.
    Kyoto, I cannot wear saffron it goes weird on me.
    Avignon was just too stare.
    Jaisalmer just did not appeal to me.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I tried the Incense series and loved Quarzazate the best. All incense and stewed figs...
    There is a hint of the gourmand in Ourzazate, I agree, which is why it's the only one of the Incense series that I've chosen to buy a full bottle of (Zagorsk, I'm lookin' at you next!). Its only serious failing is that it's pretty fleeting; Ourzazate was/is my SOTD today (inspired by a recent poll on the CDG Series), and although I applied pretty heavily, it was reduced to a skin scent within 3 hours or so.
    All of the frags in the CDG Incense series are well constructed and pleasant. It's hard to go wrong with any of them, but you have to like incense frags, obviously.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Post Thanks / Like

It is my favorite of the line, and I own all except for Avignon. Arguably it is the driest, most complex, the most green... and therefore very interesting to me.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

It's my least favorite of the series. The way the sweetness and sage play together is unsettling for me. It's OK, but feels somehow lacking. Kind of bland, despite all the pepper.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I really like it - but still think Avignon is the best of the series.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love that scent. IMO Kyoto is running a close second in the series.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Post Thanks / Like

I too really really like it. My favorite from the incense series by far. I don't know why I've never purchased it, it just keeps getting pushed down the list.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I love it. Pepper and burning sage.
    Second only to Avignon for me in that series.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

This one is my favorite in the series; however, I ended up buying Avignon because Ouarzazate lasts all for about a minute on me and then, poof, it's gone.

..after many tests I think is one of the best, if not the best
    fragrance of this house

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody else find this one rather fleeting? Bought it today and it doesn't seem to hang around long does it?, or make it's presence known after the opening 10 minutes or so for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really like to try this one next, the incense series has proven very nice. I have Kyoto and Avignon and have tried Jaisalmer (unimpressed) but this one sounds pretty interesting. I just don't know how much room I have for incense...it's becoming a very popular note in my collection.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any incense frags in my collection...I just haven't found one that I particularly liked. That being said, I'm very intrigued by the CDG Incense line...particulary Ouarzazate and Jaisalmer....sounds like Ourzazate might be a winner in my book because I like my scents to be more skin-scentish...does it stick around for a while as a skin scent, or does it fade away all too fast all around?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Does anybody else find this one rather fleeting? Bought it today and it doesn't seem to hang around long does it?, or make it's presence known after the opening 10 minutes or so for that matter.
    It doesn't have great longevity, no. But it smells very nice anyway
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I must be a little odd, because Quarzazate never really clicked with me. I adore the rest of the incense series especially Zagorsk and Avignon but Quarzazate always ended up smelling like burnt toast and fenugreek on me and I'm not a fan of fenugreek.

It's a very nice scent IMO.

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly the least Comme Des Garcons among the incense series, still pretty darn good stuff...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried Avignon but the rest of the incense series. Ouarzazate is my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

It's my least favorite in the series, but it is an excellent series. My two favorites are Avignon and Jaisalmer. They are definitely all worth sampling for anyone who likes incense-based fragrances.

Basenotes Member The Aromaholic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wore this today for work and I absolutely love it... it may be my favourite from the incense line but 'tis true that for the wonderful smell I get the longevity suffers; this beauty lacks stamina! I am on my 2nd bottle in just over a year and I was fortunate enough to score the incense sticks on ebay for a handsome price. They also, while smelling beautiful, fail to stick around despite being very potent whilst burning.

There really isn't anything out there quite like it though, so there is no killer sillage/longevity monster alternative as far as I know... so I will continue to use it and replace it year after year until (dreaming) CdG release an eau de parfum series of the incense line!

Just to add, I did have a strange day once where Ouarzazate wouldn't quit on me and 2 girls at work were very taken with the scent... it was odd because I could also smell it strongly. Guess it just decided to bloom that day.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I read this through this thread a few times before going to Vegas this past weekend. I went to Vegas with the intent to test and tryout the Incense line! All are seriously great, but I bought Ouarzazate...I absolutely love it. I agree that the longevity isn't the greatest, but man is it a great scent from a great line!! Thanks for all your thoughts on the line.