Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1

    Default Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Im a lover of late Bogarts:

    Silver Scent - My favorite until now. Open with something that remember me green grape.
    Dry down beautifully with a velvety citrus.
    Lasts about 8 hours, and project STRONG in the first 2 hours.

    Bogart Pour Homme - A nice cherry, nauseating a little bit. Project and longevity are below Silver Scent, but continue great.

    Silver Scent Intense - Bought but didnt came to me yet.
    Arabian Nights - Bought but didnt came to me yet.
    Riviera Nights - Searching furiously for this, but cant find it anywhere.

    I love all the new releases from Jacques Bogart.
    All sweet, modern, originals, and VERY potent.
    I have high hopes for Silver Scent Intense and Arabian Nights. For sure i will not regret.

    Also the prices are amazing. No more than 40 bucks for a 3.4oz bottle.

    There are other Bogart Lovers here?
    Comments on your preferences, please.

    Also, wich from Bogart can be consider comtemporary?
    Witness and Citytower are modern as the new releases, or are oldschools like One Man Show (wich i respect but is not for me) ?

  2. #2
    fountain
    Guest

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    hi there! you can count me in even though (aside from those 'classic' bogarts like oms or witness) i only know silver scent and bogart pour homme.
    the power of the lovely silver scent is just astounding (ie, well over 16 hours on my skin). sadly, the ultragorgeous bph won't last on my skin for a long time. anyway.. best regards

  3. #3

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    hi there! you can count me in even though (aside from those 'classic' bogarts like oms or witness) i only know silver scent and bogart pour homme.
    the power of the lovely silver scent is just astounding (ie, well over 16 hours on my skin). sadly, the ultragorgeous bph won't last on my skin for a long time. anyway.. best regards
    So Witness is oldschool?
    Well, maybe not for me.
    I prefer the modern powerhouses, always sweet and strong.

    I think its time to you grab a Silver Scent Intense, uhm!

  4. #4
    fountain
    Guest

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    So Witness is oldschool?
    its time to you grab a Silver Scent Intense, uhm!
    i did not imply it's old-fashioned, you know. it's just that some people refer to it as 'classic'. which, imo, is an advantage.

    cannot wait to get my paws on ssintense.


  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    80,914

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Have them all with the exception of Riviera Nights. I would say that One Man Show is definitely contemporary for wearing.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have them all with the exception of Riviera Nights. I would say that One Man Show is definitely contemporary for wearing.
    One Man Show share Paco Rabanne vibe?

  7. #7
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    18,199
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    I am a fan of Bogart and own 5 of the house products. Furyo and Force Majeure not the newest and not mentioned, but very nice! Witness is an incredible buy online at about $10/1.7 oz--a very underrated frag in my opinion.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

  8. #8
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    I have Witness and City Tower. I recently traded Arabian Nights due to the wife's revulsion of it., but I thought it was interesting....and extremely potent.

    Witness and City Tower are both strong like most Bogart's, but couldn't be more opposite frags. I find Witness old school, but still very wearable. City Tower is more contemporary with its incense theme.

    Both good. Both different. Both strong. Both very economical......and both have a place in my drobe.

  9. #9
    Dimitrios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Blue Mountains
    Posts
    3,242

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    I have Bogart PH
    Witness
    City Tower
    One Man Show
    & the signature frag .
    I have tried Furyo & like it but not enough to purchase .

    d4n13L ..All are great & im astounded that Silver Scent lasts longer & is stronger than BPH !! wow
    I want to try Arabian Nights + others that i haven't mentioned

  10. #10
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    ....I have high hopes for Silver Scent Intense and Arabian Nights. For sure i will not regret....
    Believe me, you will not. SSI is an amazing woodier flanker of SS. Smells similar to AN but still quite different.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    I have Witness and BPH. I like them both, but Witness in particular is fantastic. One of the best presentations of cassia ever.

    Where can I find Silver Scent Intense and Arabian Nights?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    SS Intense here

  13. #13

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    To d4N13L

    I think you would like another fragrance by Ted Lapidus-brand owned by BOGART group-
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26132144.html

    A good review from scentimus- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/256655

  14. #14

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Got bogart PH and enjoying once in a while.....Went to buy witness, could not find it so bought one man show-did not tried enough but I have so so feeling about it.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    I have Bogart PH
    Witness
    City Tower
    One Man Show
    & the signature frag .
    I have tried Furyo & like it but not enough to purchase .

    d4n13L ..All are great & im astounded that Silver Scent lasts longer & is stronger than BPH !! wow
    I want to try Arabian Nights + others that i haven't mentioned
    Yeah, to me, SS is more strong than BPH. Have you tried this one?
    If not, should you try, its one of the best fragrances that i ever tried. Love this stuff.
    Do a blind buy, its about 20 bucks, not much to gamble.

    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Believe me, you will not. SSI is an amazing woodier flanker of SS. Smells similar to AN but still quite different.
    In your opinion, SS or SSI is the best?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    I have Witness and BPH. I like them both, but Witness in particular is fantastic. One of the best presentations of cassia ever.

    Where can I find Silver Scent Intense and Arabian Nights?
    Arabian Nights i found at marketplace here, dont know where to buy.
    SSI i bought at cheapsmells, like above:
    Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    SS Intense here
    Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    To d4N13L

    I think you would like another fragrance by Ted Lapidus-brand owned by BOGART group-
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26132144.html

    A good review from scentimus- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/256655
    Thanks for the tip, i will pay more attention to Ted Lapidus. I only tried Altamir, wich i personally liked, but shares Obsession vibe, if i can remember well.
    I have read so much positive reviews from Ted Lapidur Pour Lui, i will try this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_the_1 View Post
    Got bogart PH and enjoying once in a while.....Went to buy witness, could not find it so bought one man show-did not tried enough but I have so so feeling about it.
    One Man Show is the most potent of the house, but those kinda sharp green is not for me.

  16. #16
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    ...In your opinion, SS or SSI is the best?....
    SSI smells better. I find the strangeness of SS very appealing and enjoyable, but the woo(u)diness of SSI tempers the jelly-bean as well as the "cleaning-product" vibes SS has been (right'ishly) accused of having ;o)
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    SSI smells better. I find the strangeness of SS very appealing and enjoyable, but the woo(u)diness of SSI tempers the jelly-bean as well as the "cleaning-product" vibes SS has been (right'ishly) accused of having ;o)
    I think that SSI will be my favorite!

    About lasting and power, the Intense is really more powerful than SS, like other guy said?
    Or is just another composition, more darker?

  18. #18
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I think that SSI will be my favorite!

    About lasting and power, the Intense is really more powerful than SS, like other guy said?
    Or is just another composition, more darker?
    They are about the same in power and longevity. SSI is darker and leans towards Arabian Nights. As much as i love powerscents it would be challenging to wear anything more powerful than SS. It is almost unhealthily strong as it is. LOL!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    SSI tempers the jelly-bean as well as the "cleaning-product" vibes
    I've always wanted to smell like jelly beans and cleaning products, and smell like it for a long time! I need to get Silver Scent!
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

    Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    I'm against the grain, here! I love Bogart Signature (if there's a better mossy 80s powerhouse, please let me know and I'll buy it instantly), like One Man Show very much (although sometimes It gets me tired) but don't care about Silver Scent and City Tower (both sweet in a bad way for me). I tolerate Bogart pour homme but wasn't impressed enough to consider a purchase...

  21. #21

    Default Re: Late Bogarts - Lovers come here!

    Can't believe nobody's mentioned Eau Fresh. Kind of reminds me of Bowling Green, mossy and warm.

    Witness is perfect in the most brutal of winters.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

    Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait


    My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

    http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Similar Threads

  1. Re-spraying late in the day
    By wmute in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22nd April 2014, 12:50 AM
  2. Bogarts silver scent intense-A male fragrance?
    By dandbull in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th January 2011, 02:16 PM
  3. Forgotten Bogarts >> CHEVIGNON & DeVIRIS
    By Dimitrios in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th December 2007, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000