Code of Conduct

Default A Great Chocolate / Vanilla / White Chocolate Men's Fragrance?

Hello,

Can anyone please recommend a great men's fragrance in which the scent consists almost entirely of only chocolate and vanilla.... possibly even white chocolate?

I suppose it would be ok if it also had a hint of coffee notes in it (since I am also searching for a supreme coffee/mocha flavored fragrance), but I am trying to steer clear of any type of added berry, citrus, booze, musk, lavender, etc. notes in this particular fragrance if at all possible.... just primarily chocolate and vanilla.

I am not even sure if something like this exists, and I know it may sound extremely simplistic to many of the fabulous noses and great fragrance connoisseurs here; but nonetheless I am rabidly searching for this particular type of scent... if it does currently exist in a fragrance.

Thanks in advance, and much appreciation for any and all recommendations....
    Last edited by notes102; 1st February 2011 at 10:21 PM.

Default Re: A Great Chocolate / Vanilla / White Chocolate Men's Fragrance?

I'm gonna go ahead and just recommend looking into Comptor Sud Pacific... start with Vanilla Mokha and look up the rest to see.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Funny ..I just got my Vanilla Mokha order in today and OO my its good .. get it ! Its like a jumped in a kiddie pool filled with Mocha.. good stuff.

Here are two Guerlains to check out:
    For a really high end white chocolate/chocolate, try Gourmand Coquin.
    For a nice cocoa scent, try Guerlain L'Instant Extreme.

Comptoir Sud the Pacifique have nice colletion !
    another interesting fragrance is

Il Profumo Chocolat Amere

Chocolat Amere Notes
    galbanum, nutmeg, ginger, flowers, cocoa, sandalwood, incense
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Vanilla Mohka really seems like what you're looking for. It's basically a chocolate, vanilla and coffee fragrance. As i have said in other threads where i mention it, it reminds me of Starbucks Java Chips.
    Montale Chocolate Greedy follows this same direction of vanilla, chocolate and a hint of coffee. Both have an excellent longevity on skin.

Blog Entries

Is there anything that's straight chocolate? A*Men is oriental more than just chocolate to me

I reminded also of Musc Maori from Parfumerie Generale, but i detect more of a bitter chocolate with something creamy at the base. Don't remember of any vanilla in this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and just recommend looking into Comptor Sud Pacific... start with Vanilla Mokha.
    +1.

A mainstream option: I've only sprayed it on once, but H.M. by Hanae Mori was totally chocolate and vanilla on me. There are other notes listed, plenty of 'em, but all I get is dessert. No white chocolate though.

Also, totally check out Rochas Man w.r.t. your mocha frag.

Thanks much everyone for the great recommendations. I have started looking into each and everyone of them. They all sound like good prospects.

Question for those of you who have tried both Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Mokha and Rochas Man...... what are the main differences between the two? I have yet to try CSP Vanille Mokha, but have very briefly sampled Rochas Man awhile back and did enjoy it but cannot remember it entirely.

I am remembering Rochas Man to have a faint smell of light coffee scent in the background, with the heavier tones of the scent consisting of a light sweet strawberry chocolate type. Is this an accurate description of Rochas Man, or could you describe it a little better for me?

Also, have any of you tried Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe? How would this compare to the Chocolate / Vanilla / White Chocolate / Coffee type scent I am after vs CSP Vanille Mokha, Rochas Man, etc.?

Regards and much thanks.

Cool Re: A Great Chocolate / Vanilla / White Chocolate Men's Fragrance?

I had Rochas Man on yesterday....on me I get a very sugary vanilla in the opening, almost like a liquid cotton candy, that dries down into a light, dry coffee note with a warm vanilla base, maybe a little cocoa somewhere in there, but not much. No strawberry on me.

So...light coffee and warm sugary vanilla more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I had Rochas Man on yesterday....on me I get a very sugary vanilla in the opening, almost like a liquid cotton candy, that dries down into a light, dry coffee note with a warm vanilla base, maybe a little cocoa somewhere in there, but not much. No strawberry on me.

So...light coffee and warm sugary vanilla more or less.
    Yes... now that I think about it from what I remember about my sample of Rochas Man the cotton candy description might be a little more accurate than my strawberry chocolate memory of it. I'm glad to hear there is a bit of a vanilla accord in it as well. I might have to look into that one a little further again..
    Last edited by notes102; 2nd February 2011 at 08:18 PM.

Givenchy Pi