Code of Conduct

Thread: Zara Sprint

Default Zara Sprint

Googled it and nothing came up. I've read that it smells similar to Creed's Aventus. Does anyone have any info about this fragrance (notes, where to buy it, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Zara Sprint

Picked it up in the Zara boutique in the fashion show mall here in Vegas and sprayed some on and went over to Neimans in same mall and sprayed. Really nothing alike maybe just in the very slimmest fashion of the top notes of pineapple.

Zara is ok it smells a lot like Black XS by Paco except pineapple vs strawberry note, the synthetic pineapple lasts awhile though compared to aventus and it has the exact dry woody base that Black XS has.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

^Thanks for the info, Quiptos. I'll check out a Zara boutique this weekend.

I tried some at Zara Hollywood. The top has a similar Aventus pineapple, but the base goes to a slightly vanilla meets pencil sharpener shavings sort of smell. I liked the top, the rest, not so much.

I just tried it at Zara today. Indeed, the opening is similar to that of Aventus, very pleasant blast of fruity pineapple opening which I enjoy greatly. I think the difference with this is that Zara Sprint smells not only more synthetic, but also overly sweet. I feel like if I spray a little too much, it can get cloying. Nonetheless, I might just pick up a bottle of this so I can save my Aventus for more special occasions.

I'm going to let Zara sit on my wrist for couple hours and see if it evolves at all. At $30 retail, I say this is quite an enjoyable fragrance.

It's opening is sorta like aventus without the sour/tart bergamot/currant....and the drydown is woody, yes, but also much more gourmand than aventus drydown. It's a designer doing a sort of "Aventus Night" or "Aventus Black" with less top notes and more tonka bean.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Zara is ok it smells a lot like Black XS by Paco except pineapple vs strawberry note, the synthetic pineapple lasts awhile though compared to aventus and it has the exact dry woody base that Black XS has.
    Yes, exactly the same dusty/woody aromachemicals in the base as Black XS...exactly. and the sweetness is similar as well.

Does anyone know where to find this online?

Recently, I reassessed this frag. Actually, there is this Sprint one but also Gold. What I realized is that Gold has the smokey pineapple thing but that Sprint does not, so Gold is closer to Aventus, from what I remember (I swapped off my decant so I can't compare at this point). So, if you can find Gold rather than Sprint you might get something you think is closer to Aventus if that is what you're looking for. At least Gold is close enough to Aventus for me, but of course others might detect minor differences for one reason or another. In my case the top notes last so long that the base is not that relevant but I think that is due to my skin chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post

Then it's more similar to Black XS L'Excess.