Code of Conduct

Default The one you shouldn't like... but do

For me it's Amouage Silver.

Amouage Silver is baroque; an opposite to every other fragrance I enjoy. The rich opening should grate against my typically Mediterranean sensibilities, the ripe fruit should have me running for the wash-room; yet it doesn't.

I marvel at how this can smell so formal and dare I say eloguent. It's not something I'll wear the way I wear a favorite hoodie, but I can see the beauty and craftsmanship invested in it.

What about you? Looking at your collection, which are the bottles that don't reflect your taste / style but you still love?

Default Re: The one you shouldn't like... but do

Duo Pour Homme
    Trimaran
    Manes
    Eau D'Espace

Interesting idea for a thread. I've thought about this before since I started with the classics and at the beginning most my titles were older creations. Little by little, I noticed the creation years were becoming more and more recent...ding, ding, ding,...and all of a sudden I liked modern stuff like Encre Noire and Zen for Men (my 180-degree story!).

Gucci Pour Homme.

but actually for some reason the vanilla note in this is very present on my skin, so it works so well

Probably Kenzo PH and Creed MI - light and floral isn't really my style, but I like Kenzo and love MI

Oddly, one of my favorite scents and the closest I have to a signature: Amouage Reflection Man.

I've got long hair and generally dress very casually. It doesn't really fit my image except for the sort of mysterious air Reflection can have. And I'm not really that mysterious but I am sure many people find me so simply because I am extremely reserved and soft-spoken around people I don't know very well.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I'll have to think more about this because there are several if not more that I like a lot but aren't my style. I think Diptyque's Eau Lente is probably one.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Great thread topic, jathanas!!

I have a few fragrances in my collection that are greatly discordant from the rest. Of all fragrances in my collection the one I really shouldn't like (given my overall taste) but do.. is Serge Lutens' Rahat Loukoum! I don't like intense musks (this one has a crazy amount in the dry-down) nor do I really love super sweet fragrances. This has nuclear sweetness and musk - maybe because it's so outrageous is why I love it and own it.

Thanks for your responses guys.

I think that wearing a fragrance that isn't "your style" is a way of elevating perfume beyond accessory status. A higher lever appreciation if you like

Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire. Vetiver has always been difficult for me, and usually not my style.. -But Vetiver Extraordinaire are so well put together, and smell so rich and refined that I just love it!

Unfortunately, most of the scents I like tend to cost a lot more money that I wish they did. I have been cursed with expensive tastes, and often the cheaper scents just don't do it for me. So I was very surprised and delighted that I really like Hoyt's Cologne in the cheap little plastic bottle for $5.00 a bottle. This one is so retro it's futuristic. The ultimate old barbershop EDC.