Code of Conduct

Default Would like some rec's for a gift for my boss - has had Chanel # 5 and Byzance before

Hi everyone

I love reading everyone's reviews and threads about smelly stuff - it provides me hours of fun and entertainment.

I recently embarked on a new career after study and my current boss really encouraged me during my placement and then employment. I recently found out she may be transferred to another area and I wanted to give her a gift to say thanks for her support and giving me the confidence to change career direction at 36!

I have discreetly noticed she doesn't wear perfume and this is due to the fact she has run out!

Taa daa! Inspiration for a gift!

She used to wear Byzance by Rochas and (sheepishly she added) Chanel no. 5 when she had more funds. I am not a Chanel No. 5 wearer myself though I appreciate the beauty of it and I wanted to get her something other than Byzance.

I thought about getting her an Ava Luxe frag as they are so beautifully blended, reasonably priced and to a degree, a rare/personal gift. I haven't tried many of the florals from Serena other than the musky ones. Does anyone have a recommendation of two or three that may take the cake or another department store fragrance that may be just the thing? I thought maybe Caleche or Arpege' but wasn't sure if they can get 'skanky' and a bit heavy?

This lovely lady is approximately 36 to 38 years old. Very fair skin with strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes. She has a great sense of humour but can be very direct and cuts through 'bullshit' when needed. She works in a government dept job that assists to keep children safe. She has said herself that strong, heavy scents are not for her. (Unlike me!)

She loves flowers but I think just a straight gardenia or jasmine (like Kai or Chanel Gardenia) may be a bit linear for this wonderfully complex person).

My god I sound like a have a crush! Seriously, I have a 'professional woman' crush on her and would like to show her my appreciation.

Any suggestions would be wonderful! Kisses in advance xxooxxoo
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Would like some rec's for a gift for my boss - has had Chanel # 5 and Byzance before

How about Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Would like some rec's for a gift for my boss - has had Chanel # 5 and Byzance before

Hi Gumoosh,

How many recommendations can you stand? My only concern is that Byzance is a bit "linear" too - meaning, to me, it's spice on top of jasmine / rose; on top of sandal / vanilla / musk. It's deceptively easy (if you know what I mean).

Anyway, here are my ideas:

Dolce and Gabanna No 10 (le roue de la fortune - or something like that)

Givenchy's Amiarage

Guerlain's Idylle is worth a try

Tom Ford's Arabian Wood if you want to get something a bit special

Shiseido Zen (the gold one)

Coco Mademoiselle

Dioressence

24, Faubourg by Hermès

I don't know what the shopping is like in Albury-Wodonga, but none of those will be hard to find in Melbourne.

Basenotes Institution

I think Chanel No 5 or the Eau Premiere version. The lady obviously likes it very much.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I think she might like Samsara by Guerlain.

It seems she likes aldehydes (they are strong in both Byzance and No. 5). In this category my favourite is JHAG Citizen Queen, complex, interesting but still easy to wear and love.

Price seems to be an issue, so niche is out of the picture.
    Here in the US, Stetson original (for men) is a happy floral oriental and Lady Stetson is a nice aldehydic floral; both can be had for $20. But they may not be available where you live.

I also second all the suggestions above, except for Givenchy Amarige. Whatever one thinks about the smell, it's a chemical weapon. It could however be useful in her work, as a defense against molesters. (Nauseating Delices de Cartier would also be useful for the purpose).

cacio

Blog Entries

What do you plan to spend? I am currently smitten with 31 Rue Cambon. It seems to me, to be the perfect, dry, yet floral scent. I can't abide scents that are too sweet and that covers most of them these days. The small bottles are out now, and should be affordable. Good luck.

Basenotes Plus

Another vote for Eau Premiere or No 5
    I like Amarige but it is not a subtle scent.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home