Code of Conduct

Default Valentine gift for women who likes you in fragrances but owns none herself?

I'm dating someone new who tolerates my fragrance obsession - occasionally complimenting me on smelling nice - but who owns no fragrances herself. It's not that she objects to wearing perfume, she just hasn't thought much about it. Granted, I do have a an ulterior motive - not only do I want her to enjoy the fragrance, I'd like it to be something very sexy I'd enjoy on her - the perfume version of the "lingerie for Valentines Day" gift. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Valentine gift for women who likes you in fragrances but owns none herself?

What kind of scent do you want to smell on her? Floral? Fruity? Citrus?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Valentine gift for women who likes you in fragrances but owns none herself?

Quote Originally Posted by Mossant View Post
    I'm dating someone new who tolerates my fragrance obsession - occasionally complimenting me on smelling nice - but who owns no fragrances herself. It's not that she objects to wearing perfume, she just hasn't thought much about it. Granted, I do have a an ulterior motive - not only do I want her to enjoy the fragrance, I'd like it to be something very sexy I'd enjoy on her - the perfume version of the "lingerie for Valentines Day" gift. Any suggestions?
    A nice assortment of samples - and then let her make her own decision.

I think Sephora has a pre-made sample set. Or make one of your own. Plus add some flowers and/or chocolates for good measure.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If she's under 35 years old, I really like Dolce and Gabbana's The One for women eau de parfum. If she's 35+, Tom Ford's Black Orchid is really nice, rich, and sophisticated.

I'd say floral over fruit or citrus, but, maybe more incense or animal. She a writer, brainy, a little broody, not very girlish, jeans and sweaters type.

If she's not really into fragrance I would do the sample set but also find something she IS into and get her something along those lines. Might come across as push if she "tolerates" your perfume addiction and isn't "really" into it.

Keep it simple jewelry, night out on the town, she must be into something.

I just find it a little odd myself to buy stuff for my significant other that's really for me! Needs to focus on her and be something that she doesn't even know that you KNOW that she's into !
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Go sniffing with her and get what she likes...then it's a date and your gift is taken care of. If she smells around and doesn't end up wanting anything, just go another route with the gift.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I suggest Flowerbomb, Hypnotic Poison, and Queen by Queen Latifah. I like those on my lady.

But I agree with others here. Perhaps go by yourself and sample what you might like, then take her. Sephora will almost always provide a sample.

Agent Provocateur

My favorite easily accessible scents on a girl:

#1 by far - L'Instant EDP by Guerlain
    The Beat EDP by Burberry
    Queen by Queen Latifah
    The One EDP, also Rose the One by Gucci
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Think about the scents she's complimented you on in the past. Are there any correlated notes? Try getting samples of frags with those notes, purposely wear them around her and see if she compliments them. If she doesn't then just go sniffing with her as per everyone else's suggestion.

Hypnotic Poison - nice on a woman.

Balenciaga Paris.

A little input from a woman: make certain she is actually open to the idea of perfume. You say this relationship is new. How new? Is it "I'll humor him by telling him his fragrances are nice even though I get headaches from perfume" new? Fragrance is, as you know, quite personal. If you're sure she's open to it, I agree with those who suggested either a few samples or a sniffing date (bottle purchase after she picks one she likes, if she picks one she likes).

My significant other tolerates my hobby. He will never, ever wear scent unless it's a gift or a special occasion.

My advice? Don't try to convert her as she will resent it. The bottle will be a decoration on her vanity for a time and then given away or sold at a garage sale. Don't waste your money.

By her some she likes: candy? chocolate? a book she was interested in reading?

A woman who does not use perfume does so because she does not wish to wear it. Period.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

If I were in your shoes I would forge ahead and give Balmain's Vent Vert and/or Diptyque's Jardin Clos.

Perfect introductory and very high grade scents. Different from what anyone else wears and general enough to wear anytime.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.