Code of Conduct

Default Show some love to your favorite(or one of your favorite) fragrance!!!

i spend so much time obsessing over Le Male, i want to here about the most particular fragrance you love the most!

1) Write a mini review type thing about why you love this particular fragrance

2) Show a picture of the imagery that this fragrance evokes for you. if you cant find a picture, describe the imagery .

3)maybe a song that this fragrance evokes (like imagery but with sound)

GO
    Last edited by JonnyLeMale; 4th February 2011 at 04:01 AM.

Default Re: Show some love to your favorite(or one of your favorite) fragrance!!!

Wild Aoud by Montale was my first true love/ obsession after years of wearing frags. It has the perfectly wearable amount of wood, tobacco, geranium, and an intoxicating smoky patchouli base. It has been slammed elsewhere for not being "wild", but that matters not to me......all I know is when I wear it I compulsively smell my wrist and/or undershirt several times an hour. Makes me feel supremely confident when I'm wearing it and people around me seem to respond that way. I've come to calling it my " secret weapon" when I go out on gigs, because women always want to know what it is when they are close to me (usually when I squeeze into the full bar area to order something while on break). I better be careful, or my lovely wife may forbid me from wearing this...even though I'm truly wearing it for myself.

Hmm...a picture. Well, it does have a rose/geranium accord, so I'm gonna go with one of my favorite paintings: Heroic Roses by Paul Klee

Music....the mysteriousness of it makes me think of my favorite Horace Silver/Art Blakey tune Nica's Dream (for the Baroness Nica koenigswarter).
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Default Re: Show some love to your favorite(or one of your favorite) fragrance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jzzbassman View Post
    Wild Aoud by Montale was my first true love/ obsession after years of wearing frags. It has the perfectly wearable amount of wood, tobacco, geranium, and an intoxicating smoky patchouli base. It has been slammed elsewhere for not being "wild", but that matters not to me......all I know is when I wear it I compulsively smell my wrist and/or undershirt several times an hour. Makes me feel supremely confident when I'm wearing it and people around me seem to respond that way. I've come to calling it my " secret weapon" when I go out on gigs, because women always want to know what it is when they are close to me (usually when I squeeze into the full bar area to order something while on break). I better be careful, or my lovely wife may forbid me from wearing this...even though I'm truly wearing it for myself.

Hmm...a picture. Well, it does have a rose/geranium accord, so I'm gonna go with one of my favorite paintings: Heroic Roses by Paul Klee

Music....the mysteriousness of it makes me think of my favorite Horace Silver/Art Blakey tune Nica's Dream (for the Baroness Nica koenigswarter).
    awesome dude!! its really great having that one fragrance that does it for u like that

1)For me, you all know what it is. Simply nothing compare to Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male. I have smelled Musc Ravageur, Tobacco Vanille, Bond No. 9 New Haarlem, Serge Lutens Chergui, but NOTHING, for some reason, can replace Le Male in my heart. Soft, Sensual, Romantic, Passionate, Hauntingly Beautiful, European, Stylish. It simply makes me feel like a dream when I wear it. It evokes emotions that simply cannot be replaced by any other fragrance in this world. Its not the fact that women go wet for it, or the amazing longevity, or the amazing projection. Francis Kurkdjian said it himself "And what is the most beautiful perfume in the world? Its one that gives feeling, emotion. Its as simple as that." Le Male isnt a fragrance that just puts a smile on my face. The emotion is more passionate then joy. Let me tell you what image it evokes for me in my head when I smell it:

2) When I spray Le Male, it almost takes me somewhere else. I still have not fuond the picture to go with the imagine, but when I smell it, the image it evokes is a romantic night in France. Not sitting at home next to the fire place with ur women romantic. But walking around beautiful Paris, France at night time, the lights, the music, the people. Then going to a fancy french restaruant with that lady. It is the night that you fall in love with eachother. It is perfect. It is Le Male.

3)I know its corny, but the song in the Le Male commercial really does fit this fragrance. Its european, its romantic, its PASSIONATE.

o COME ON GUYS dont be shy.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    o COME ON GUYS dont be shy.
    I really like Spirit for Men by Antonio Puig (for Antonio Banderas) -- another supposedly tobacco fragrance I own, that has a food-like sillage that reminds me of Obsession for Men (with less sillage). I ought to wear it more than I do, but sometimes I think the foodiness of it might offend some people.

The best picture that sums it up for me is a snapshot off the Grandy's menu website:

I don't wear it as often as I should, but I know someone who wore it a lot, and who listened to rap. And so, when I smell it, this song comes to mind: (Warning: probably not safe to listen at work and definitely *not* PC)

(I'm probably the only one in the world that associates this scent with this song, as the associations are all intertwined with personal experience, and really have nothing at all to do with the notes in the fragrance itself. Oh well.)

Edit: Both the song and the fragrance came out in 2004.
    Last edited by Aiona; 5th February 2011 at 08:41 AM.
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

lol nice. anyone else wanna show some love !?!

Delete.

Tabac Original (1059) evokes the mid-20th century period that I dig. I think of the '59 Thunderbird or of old school singers like Frank Sinatra and Buddy Greco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2j_XEki3dQ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Tabac Original (1059) evokes the mid-20th century period that I dig. I think of the '59 Thunderbird or of old school singers like Frank Sinatra and Buddy Greco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2j_XEki3dQ
    as a person who idolizes frank sinatra, i think i would appreciate that!

Narciso Rodriguez For Him

I love this perfume because it's dark, it's mysterious, it's sensual. It's like a step into the unknown. It's like looking out of a fogged up window and you can't really make out anything. It's always my night out scent. It makes me feel incredibly sexy. It's got great projection and it lasts forever. The bottle is beautiful although it's near impossible to tell how much you've used and that would be my only complaint!

If I were to close my eyes and imagine what this perfume reminds me of, it has got to be a forest with a cement path at night, just after a rain shower. The air is still wet, and theres a lot of dew and mist and you can't really see where you're going, but you just trust your instincts and take a step into the unknown. Just like the picture below.

If I were to think of a song, it would be Sweet Lullaby by Deep Forest.

^^dude thank u so much for posting that, because this is a fragrance that im really looking to get. Im trying to swap for it currently. I just love fragrances that evoke an image in your head, and i constantly hear that this is one of the best at doing that. Its different, unique, dark, and its a kurkdjian

Blog Entries

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

I knew this fragrance was special the first time I smelled it from a fragrance flap in a magazine. I could detect the bergamot and the vetiver, together with creamy and powdery notes, that almost gave it a buttery smell, and a satiny texture. I knew at that very moment that I would end up buying it. I felt like a teenager getting a crush on a centerfold in a copy of Playboy. It was ridiculous to have a holy grail coming out of the flap in a mag, but there I was, desperate to keep sniffing this piece of paper.

This is THE frag for people whose skin makes vetiver turn from vegetable to animal. It isn't an aggressive vetiver. Although vetiver diehards may think it's too wimpy for their tastes, people who aren't comfy with those uber-rooty vetivers will likely find Grey Vetiver to be the perfect vetiver scent, or damn close to it.

The vetiver is kept light so that it takes on an almost dry character which isn't fully vetiver. I think it's almost as ingenious as Céline Ellena's Sel de Vétiver, where vetiver also becomes something else. In Grey Vetiver, the citrus notes are really stretched out, so that you get them well into the life of the fragrance. While it's somewhat linear, it's good the whole way through.

I like this image with Tom Ford, because it tells the story on this frag. It's like the scent of a charcoal gray suit. It's stylish and perfect for business - but at the same time it's not unwearably ornate, stuffy, or excessively elegant. It's versatile, but it's not common. It has all the young appeal of a sporty fragrance but none of the locker room baggage. Soft leather briefcase, but no gym bag. Heck - this fragrance isn't even allowed to be in the same universe as dirty sneakers or sweaty clothes. If you took new laptop smell, new leather-seated sports car smell, new penthouse apartment smell, and new expensive gray suit smell, and rolled them all together in the best possible combination?

Yeah - that's Grey Vetiver.

Grey vetiver isn't a panty dropper. It's a hot-lady-lawyer-who-beats-you-in-court-but-respects-you-for-your-integrity-drops-her-manila-folder-and-you're-a-gent-and-you-help-her-pick-it-up-and-she-really-likes-your-scent-and-two-years-later-she-said-yes-er. Well, that's actually somewhat theoretical, much in the way that the other kind is, too. But you get the point. This stuff has class. My ode to Grey Vetiver.... just a haiku.... but maybe short and simple is the right story for the simple beauty of this frag.

Morning mountain fog
    A yellow sun is rising
    Over the granite.

For this mellow vetiver, from a guy who also knows how to do the extreme and the very rockin' stuff, let me suggest a classic, mellow, unusual, but serene song, from someone who was just as much of a genius in his own way. Jimi Hendrix. (Please excuse the Sony-ness of the embedding.)

neat idea

I wore this bad boy seconds after it came out in Portland, OR during a up and down time with a old flame. We broke it off, but she ended up regretting her decision. As luck would have it, I ended up doing pretty good for myself. She told me that she would remember all the times we had if she ever got a whiff of Angel Men or Bvlgari Black. Umhuh, sorry I moved on. Peace b*tch.

This frag is catching my imagination lately. Gritty, organic, dangerous, but enticing and voluptous. I can't help thinking of Christina Hendricks and this song.

Tron by Daft Punk is an amazing soundtrack in a groundbreaking album. The fusion of classical and electronica/trance in an epic way. Not the first to do this, but the first one to catch my attention. This was the soundtrack to my first Clive Christian purchase: Clive Christian C. The notes were both elegant/classic and groundbreaking/unconventional to my nose at the time. Very much like...

good stuff guys!

yeah..i changed my name..wat of it

Creed edition of this thread

no words needed