Code of Conduct

Default How old is my bottle of Chanel No. 19 ?

It's in one of those brushed aluminum cannisters (with gold trim) that let you swap out the bottle. The liquid is a yellow color, on the light side. The bottom of the glass bottle has the number 38 embossed on it. The bottom of the aluminum cannister has a sticker that says Chanel No. 19, Eau de Cologne, New York, NY, 10019. There is no other information on any element of the bottle or cannister. Thanks.

Default Re: How old is my bottle of Chanel No. 19 ?

If the container is actual metal, I'm guessing it has to be mid 80's or older...? Does anyone know when Chanel started using plastic like today?

A good tip to estimate the age of your bottle: search the perfume section on this website OKADI. It is a huge gallery of ads. When you are in the requested perfume, the ads shown are listed by year. Check if you see the same bottle as yours in those ads and you'll have an idea.
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...

I have the metal canister for my refillable edt that's from the early 80s ....I'd agree with tott that the edc would have to be from the early-'80s (or even late 70s) since that concentration hasn't been around for quite some time. The edt and edc fit the same canister btw, so unless you bought them together and know better, it's possible that the canister isn't the same age as the juice, but if there's no indication of the concentration on the bottle then I'd guess they were sold together.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

It is a metal cannister. That's a great site, but it's not pictured there. Thanks everyone !